Where Is Best To Get This A/C part?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008 | 12:17 PM
Launching!

Did you get the $77 price too?

Originally Posted by SilverSierra
I ended up just buying mine from Landmark. I looked all over for a scrap yard part, but that hose is typically destroyed during an accident or cut with they pull the engine.
Old 07-09-2008 | 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

As I recall, the high pressure hose cost me slightly less, like 72 bucks, but its been 2 years.....
Old 07-09-2008 | 04:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Just take it to a hose repair place, they can weld the hole or replace the bad section.
Old 07-09-2008 | 06:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS
Just take it to a hose repair place, they can weld the hole or replace the bad section.

I didnt imagine those Aluminum pieces would weld up very well. I'm entertaining the notion that buying a new one would probably be a little on the safe side and maye a few bucks more expensive than taking the risk of the weld, but thanks for the heads up on that 00pooterSS, every advice helps.
Old 07-09-2008 | 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Grimlock1968
I didnt imagine those Aluminum pieces would weld up very well. I'm entertaining the notion that buying a new one would probably be a little on the safe side and maye a few bucks more expensive than taking the risk of the weld, but thanks for the heads up on that 00pooterSS, every advice helps.

I have had it go both ways, I have had them repaired with zero problems and I have had them repaired and they leaked a little and took them for a second welding that fixed it, that is usually the cheapest option, a junk yard part would be just fine, its aluminum it dosen't rust or wear.

Have you tried the dealer, sometimes dealer parts will suprise you with how cheap they are, more often than not they are very expensive but every once in a while they will shock you, its worth a shot.
Old 07-09-2008 | 09:52 PM
Launching!

I did try the dealer. I had the part in hand, he took it, looked it up in a picturesque screen and told me that it's $77. Someone else here only got charged $72 a couple of years ago, but everything goes up over years except our paychecks.

I have had it go both ways, I have had them repaired with zero problems and I have had them repaired and they leaked a little and took them for a second welding that fixed it, that is usually the cheapest option, a junk yard part would be just fine, its aluminum it dosen't rust or wear.

Have you tried the dealer, sometimes dealer parts will suprise you with how cheap they are, more often than not they are very expensive but every once in a while they will shock you, its worth a shot.
Old 07-11-2008 | 09:46 PM
TECH Veteran

I did try the dealer. I had the part in hand, he took it, looked it up in a picturesque screen and told me that it's $77. Someone else here only got charged $72 a couple of years ago, but everything goes up over years except our paychecks.

eh just go get it, you will get charged at least half that for a used part or a repair.
Old 07-11-2008 | 11:20 PM
Banned

The part pictured is a liquid line. It comes with the orifice tube installed, the pressure switch, and one o-ring.

The thing about aluminum is it can bend back and fourth several times before it breaks, when you buy a used one how many times has it been bent? No one knows.
I'd get a new one, and you need to order the o-ring by the evaporator seperate. (thats the one by the firewall)
Old 07-12-2008 | 07:47 AM
Launching!

Thank you 9000th01ss. Is that the official name for it or is there something that's in the mechanic bible like "high side line" etc?

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
The part pictured is a liquid line. It comes with the orifice tube installed, the pressure switch, and one o-ring.

The thing about aluminum is it can bend back and fourth several times before it breaks, when you buy a used one how many times has it been bent? No one knows.
I'd get a new one, and you need to order the o-ring by the evaporator seperate. (thats the one by the firewall)
Old 07-15-2008 | 11:15 AM
TECH Veteran

Thank you 9000th01ss. Is that the official name for it or is there something that's in the mechanic bible like "high side line" etc?

liquid line = line out of the compressor going up to orfice

you said you took it to the dealer and they checked it out and told you how much it was, that is the best way to garuntee the right part and price, seriously though how much time have you wasted trying to save 20$ on this deal?
Old 07-15-2008 | 02:46 PM
Launching!

liquid line = line out of the compressor going up to orfice

you said you took it to the dealer and they checked it out and told you how much it was, that is the best way to garuntee the right part and price, seriously though how much time have you wasted trying to save 20$ on this deal?
No time at all, the dealership is only 2 miles down the road from me. I'm was not in a blazing hurry to get this line anyways or I would have done it a long time ago.
Old 07-15-2008 | 08:35 PM
TECH Veteran

well here ya go

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-classifieds/954807-fs-tci-stall-rear-ta-seats-c-lines.html
Old 07-15-2008 | 09:00 PM
Launching!

I appreciate the heads up for me buddy, but it'll cost me probably $50 in gas from Houston to pick up the $20 part in Dallas but I know you meant well.