2920 meet - Houston - every Friday

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 03:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow 2920 meet - Houston - every Friday

I saw a lot of racing and a lot of cars that did nothing too My car and I have seen better nights because last night my record stands as 1win/5L mostly to inspector12's camaro
Old 07-19-2008, 03:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah... I havent been out that way in a long time and me and some friends went tonight. Pretty boring night ill have to say. Whole lot of people sittin and doin nothin.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I dont get, I keep hearing its a bad-*** meet and when I go its just boring like you said.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:28 AM
Teching In

Yup thats why we decided to go, because everyone was like it was so badass last week. So we go this week and sit on our *** from 9 to 1 then finally people race at the end. I guess everyone that says its badass really goes to look at the cars and meet everyone, but i dont like drivin that far to sit.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:39 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by billybob1142
Yup thats why we decided to go, because everyone was like it was so badass last week. So we go this week and sit on our *** from 9 to 1 then finally people race at the end. I guess everyone that says its badass really goes to look at the cars and meet everyone, but i dont like drivin that far to sit.
The real problem is that everyone or about 75% of the cars used to race and now everyone only wants to race there way and not willing to just go run what you brug for fun. People just want to talk about a hustle basicly for $. So by the time people ask for land or move or what ever most of the races die because all the people that are racing for $ only want to race if they have the advantage and are not willing to take a fair race etc... So alot of standing around and BSing etc... Hell like I tell most people the money if I win is not going to pay for **** what a tank of gas so it is usually not even worth talking about it will never pay for the things I did to the car so it is usually pointless basicly. On another note it was nice playing with the bikes and regorih383 and getting the beat down by one of the races I was talking about LOL! But its ok eventually people will come around and just have fun if you leave the middlemen out of it.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

+ its alot easier to run late at night, less of everything and its cooler (temp wise)........
Old 07-19-2008, 05:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

So start instigatin.....
Old 07-19-2008, 06:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 306 That Could
+ its alot easier to run late at night, less of everything and its cooler (temp wise)........
Originally Posted by 306 That Could
So start instigatin.....
True Story!!!! X2
Old 07-19-2008, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

I like going out there just to look at cars and hang out with old friends. I dont street race any more.. its just not worth it to me. The way my life is right now I cant afford a felony and 6 months without my license. I thought it was a pretty good turnout even though I had to leave real early. It was shaping up to be the best meet I have been to in a while.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wild thing
I like going out there just to look at cars and hang out with old friends. I dont street race any more.. its just not worth it to me. The way my life is right now I cant afford a felony and 6 months without my license. I thought it was a pretty good turnout even though I had to leave real early. It was shaping up to be the best meet I have been to in a while.
Thats what I love about this meet....If you want to Chil then you can ....Everyone knows if they want action its there....if you dont you can still come check out cars and have a good time...Great turn out last night guys lets keep it up
Old 07-19-2008, 07:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Guys I have changed the tile and made this a sticky to keep it on top. There is no need to have 4-5 threads about the same meet.

B
Old 07-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Launching!

i agree with you and jason, i'm mostly out there to hang out with friends and look at some nice cars. i'll catch a race every now and then, but i keep it to a minimum just to stay out of trouble, and my job depends on my license so yeah i can't afford to go 6 months w/o it either
Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Old 07-19-2008, 01:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

You guys are going to ruin this gathering if you keep adding the street racing aspect to it. That is why all of our previous gatherings have failed. In case you haven't noticed, the media and cops hate street racers. Once this gathering becomes known as a place to gather and go do stupid **** on public roads, they will lock it down.

Take your racing to the track, or at least don't post about it related to the gathering.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Thanks for coming out even though it's a loooong drive billybob. The people that you saw sitting doing nothing were probably discussing how they want to improve their cars whether be cosmetical or performance. The other half of the people sitting around "looking" like they weren't doing anything were probably talking about how great this meeting is so far without the people doing the burn-outs, racing down the same feeder we use to get there and leave, and then they are going to the track to actually race without getting felony tickets, fines etc. If we increase the little side road street races, pretty soon we will be greeted on and off every exit, side road and surrounding parking lots with the constables and THAT my friend is not what we want. Hope to meet you out there one day billybob.

Yeah... I havent been out that way in a long time and me and some friends went tonight. Pretty boring night ill have to say. Whole lot of people sittin and doin nothin.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have a good time seeing runs and what not, but I just go to see my friends. Only reason why I go.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BigBronco
I have a good time seeing runs and what not, but I just go to see my friends. Only reason why I go.
Same here, and I'll add that as a relative novice to the hobby, I like talking to other people about what they've done to their cars, to give myself ideas about what I should/shouldn't do to mine.

-Mike
Old 07-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Launching!

X2.....Alot of work went in to getting this spot back, Lets try to keep it here for awhile..

If you must play do it far away from the meet....That is what got the meet busted the first time.....too much, too close

Last edited by Take 2; 07-20-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Good meeting you. Your car is very clean and well kept.

Originally Posted by Take 2
Thats what I love about this meet....If you want to Chil then you can ....Everyone knows if they want action its there....if you dont you can still come check out cars and have a good time...Great turn out last night guys lets keep it up
Yep. Bringing my chair next time and staying for the long haul. Had to leave early to meet up with a friend for some pool and beer.

Grimlock.
Did you go to the Academy pre-meet? I ment to hook up and meet you.
I actually met a few people but the only name I remembered was Joe in the Z06 because it's my name. Im so bad with names...and I "WAS" a bartender, go figure.

Please remind me..who was the guy with the 97 LT1 that replaced the front clip? Post up.

Black Cobalt SS guy..did you modify that thing or is it stock?

Last edited by Blackfly; 07-20-2008 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:02 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blackfly
Good meeting you. Your car is very clean and well kept.

Yep. Bringing my chair next time and staying for the long haul. Had to leave early to meet up with a friend for some pool and beer.

Grimlock.
Did you go to the Academy pre-meet? I ment to hook up and meet you.
I actually met a few people but the only name I remembered was Joe in the Z06 because it's my name. Im so bad with names...and I "WAS" a bartender, go figure.

Please remind me..who was the guy with the 97 LT1 that replaced the front clip? Post up.

Black Cobalt SS guy..did you modify that thing or is it stock?
Nice meeting you too... I think you and Isaaic are the only two names I remember b/c I met yall first haha