Employee Price on any Vette Instock (limited)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe he made up a new screen name to keep from gettin in trouble? He's right.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Thank you so much for your interest in my ad. I am sure you feel alot better about yourself now that you have put yourself on a 3rd grade level. I would think that the owner of your store would like know what kind of people had has working for him.

FYI. I just faxed this over to your F&I Director.

I hope this does you well as your feeback on my ad has done me well. You have shown the Class or lack there of for yourself and the company you work for.
look man im not trying to start **** or talk **** im just saying your putting up ad's on here and its not even a good deal,..... you know im right about your little "employee pricing" gig and im right about the holdback if i wasnt you wouldnt get soo mad and say your gonna fax my conversation to my f&i director..... im just letting the other ls1 guys out there know the truth, it will help the buyer get a better deal and clear up inventory on the dealers lots saving the dealers sometimes hundreds of thousnds of dollars in interest....... the average dealer if its just a single dealer meaning "just a chevrolet" dealer not not a chevy & dodge dealer etc. etc. saying the average size chevy dealer pays $160,000 a month in interest against inventory!!!!! its crazy but the truth and of course smaller dealers pay less cuz of less inventory and bigger dealers pay more but that the average for tx. chevy dealers, that being said on a 70k z06 vette they will wind up paying up to 10k in interest every 6mo. it sits there and dosent sell soo..... why wouldnt the dealer get well into hold back, still make a grand, saving the dealer thousands on interest and saving the customer thousands also..... its the best for both dealer and customer, plus the customer will be glad w/ purchase and sent repeat business.... hey you win some and you lose some but with this economy and gas drinking cars our general manager agrees this is what should be done to help both consumer and dealer
Old 08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
KBG
Launching!

Originally Posted by 9sec02ss
look man im not trying to start **** or talk **** im just saying your putting up ad's on here and its not even a good deal,..... you know im right about your little "employee pricing" gig and im right about the holdback if i wasnt you wouldnt get soo mad and say your gonna fax my conversation to my f&i director..... im just letting the other ls1 guys out there know the truth, it will help the buyer get a better deal and clear up inventory on the dealers lots saving the dealers sometimes hundreds of thousnds of dollars in interest....... the average dealer if its just a single dealer meaning "just a chevrolet" dealer not not a chevy & dodge dealer etc. etc. saying the average size chevy dealer pays $160,000 a month in interest against inventory!!!!! its crazy but the truth and of course smaller dealers pay less cuz of less inventory and bigger dealers pay more but that the average for tx. chevy dealers, that being said on a 70k z06 vette they will wind up paying up to 10k in interest every 6mo. it sits there and dosent sell soo..... why wouldnt the dealer get well into hold back, still make a grand, saving the dealer thousands on interest and saving the customer thousands also..... its the best for both dealer and customer, plus the customer will be glad w/ purchase and sent repeat business.... hey you win some and you lose some but with this economy and gas drinking cars our general manager agrees this is what should be done to help both consumer and dealer
I agree with very little of what you've said in this thread....I believe Ravenous is trying to help potential vette buyers get a good deal. Whether or not he will benefit from this makes no difference to me..... I just think that it is cool that he took the time to type this thread to help out some fellow car guys

I would probably get a little agitated too if someone making their first posts on this board basically told me I was full of ****

Then again that's just my opinion too......but I do have a little knowledge of the car business
Old 08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
Just to let you know...
I appreciate his honesty about the hold back amounts and feel that he is just looking out for other ls1 tech members.
To keep it short...he pointed out, the deal you have offered isn't so great after all.
thanks man, im just trying to help, i dont mean to sound off like a dick and rough someone up about stuff but i was trying to look out for other ls1 guys out there and consumers in this economy, you see the economy would get better if "real deals" would happen but when someone trys to sound like a great deal then they high five each other when the customer drives off the lot knowing they made a shipload off of them, and the customer thinking they got a great deal to me thats just another used car salesman gig but if we all help eachother you can still make good money working at a dealership...... there's an old saying i would rather make $1000 dollars off of 1 guy then $100 off of 10 guys,.... well i disagree cuz your 1 guy will find out he didnt get a good deal and not send repeat business..... and the 10 guys you gave a great deal to will be happy and all 10 will send repeat business..... in short, you will make more if you give more, that being said everyone wins, dealer and customer
Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

well hell yeah they will sell it at employee price; #1 no one is buying them cuz of gas, and #2 employee price is 5% over invoice...... which is a rip cuz these cars have a minimum of "$7000 hold back to dealer" some up to $9500..... most vette shoppers get well into the "hold back" when shopping, which if you get $6000 into hold back then the dealer makes a minimum of $1000, and you get a vette for $8000 less than "employee price" and if you wanna check my credentials im a finance manager at vandergriff chevrolet in arlington, tx....... so lsx guys dont get fooled by the "employee price" tool corps use to make serious change on people thinking they're getting a great deal
Bought my Tahoe from Vandergriff Toyota in Arlington.... the sales guy was great... but the finance guy was a dick. Stupid *** wanted me to pay over 10% interest than lowered it to 7.0% after I bought the warranty...(my credit union wanted 9% btw) which I cancelled 2 weeks later and kept the same payment but got the money off the note. Warranty was over 1800 bucks!

Truck was $15,300.00 for a 85k mile 2004 Tahoe fully loaded..... fyi.

Last edited by WizeAss; 08-06-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WizeAss
Bought my Tahoe from Vandergriff Toyota in Arlington.... the sales guy was great... but the finance guy was a dick. Stupid *** wanted me to pay over 10% interest than lowered it to 7.0% after I bought the warranty...(my credit union wanted 9% btw) which I cancelled 2 weeks later and kept the same payment but got the money off the note. Warranty was over 1800 bucks!

Truck was $15,300.00 for a 85k mile 2004 Tahoe fully loaded..... fyi.

What the hell does that have to do with this thread???
Old 08-06-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Your character has shown through this thread. Thank you for all your help.

The offer is still good for anyone who wants a deal on a Coupe or Z06.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Just out of curiosity. What is the price of a Z51 LS3 vette?

William
Old 08-06-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Z51 what, that is just one part of a trim package? LT1,LT2,LT3,LT4. I need to know trim package level or a vin# to quote u an exact price.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by will69camaro
Just out of curiosity. What is the price of a Z51 LS3 vette?

William

pm sent
Old 08-06-2008, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

hey douche nozzle, complete hold back is not shown on invoice.... when im done with a deal and doing unit profitability it shows in the program your dealership is using when you close out the deal..... of course a "door greeter" like yourself or ''service bitch'' or whatever you are wouldnt have password authorization to get into a deal to pull total profits and losses from the schedule f screen to configure and send to your accountant...... your saying theres only a 2k holdback on a new 70k z06??? lol hold back averages 12 to 16% of total invoice unit price depending on dealer inventory and dealer interest being paid to the bank holder which produces the "mso" manufacturers certificate of origin..... dealer gets paid holdback from gm on a bi-annual basis from what was ordered and received the year prior and will be shown on their tax forms the following year.... long story short your still a douche nozzle, lol dude the 2k holdback you are talking about is on a cobalt or something lol go play in traffic
I think you're the douche nozzle here. This guy is offering a service to forum members to buy a Vette and gm employee pricing and you come on here and bash him.

If you really are the finance manager at Vandergiff, I'm sure the new car sales manager appreciates you posting **** like this and taking away any profit from the front end gross. But you wouldn't care about that as a F&I guy since you get paid on the back end. I'm sure you're telling people that 0% is a bad deal too. lol.

Last edited by Morpheus; 08-06-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

lol! A finance guy tried to tell me that...
"...are for people who want to show off and say they qualified for 0%, if you buy the extended warranty and finance at 5% it will save you about $400 over 5 years..."

lol! WTF!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Blackfly
lol! A finance guy tried to tell me that...
"...are for people who want to show off and say they qualified for 0%, if you buy the extended warranty and finance at 5% it will save you about $400 over 5 years..."

lol! WTF!
yea that would make no sense? with 0% the dealer gets a flat rate like $100-300 depending on term, the less the term the more flat rate u would get from GMAC. GMS is a set price that is listed on all invoices. The only thing that the consumer and dealer can negotiate is maybe trade, finance rate (if not 0% cause there is no mark-up), and holdback. But most dealerships will either (depending on model) keep the holdback. Holdback on a below or at invoice deal is what the dealership along with advertising pays for its electric bills, salesmen commision, title clerks salary etc,etc.... But like I said, u wanna buy a Vette or maybe some other vehicle just PM me and U can talk to the salesmen who is offering this and he can guide u through the invoice and explain it better then "9sec"'s.....cause If his dealer is selling Vettes for $9k below GMS im sure my dealer principle would be interested in buying them off of him Yea thats right a dealer would buy them off of him and so would others for $9k below GMS.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Morpheus
I think you're the douche nozzle here. This guy is offering a service to forum members to buy a Vette and gm employee pricing and you come on here and bash him.

If you really are the finance manager at Vandergiff, I'm sure the new car sales manager appreciates you posting **** like this and taking away any profit from the front end gross. But you wouldn't care about that as a F&I guy since you get paid on the back end. I'm sure you're telling people that 0% is a bad deal too. lol.
im sorry you feel that way, im not that type of f&i guy either, if a customer can get 0% and is wanting it im not gonna argue with that, im not greedy at all, i know you win some and lose some, you cant hit a home run everytime you go up to bat, i can tell you this im not the highest grossing f&i guy but i have the most repeat business and referrals and i really believe its because im not greedy, look at the richest company in the world and see how they do it!!! "walmart" rather you like it or not the cheaper you sell stuff the more you sell and keep selling to the same people and the more referrals you will get which = more profits, i buy things too so i know how it is to be on the other side of the table and i find making friends w/ my customers helps the most, hell, i just got back from the lake w/ a new customer of mine and i had a bbq w/ another customer the day before that, if you just do your job the money will be there, you dont have to rip peoples head off and consistently lie, greed isnt the best option.... never the less if someone likes the vette and is willing to pay "employee" advertised pricing well, if they can afford it and want it then go get it, good for them..... i was just trying to help fellow ls1 owners understand the truth about the market/economy for those cars and how they could get alot better deal..... im sorry if i came off wrong or something i didnt mean to sound like a penny pinching jew lol i was just trying to help ls1 guys understand they can get a vette for thousands less than the "employee" pricing, look at it this way, you advertise a car w/ $7500 hold back, and you advertise it for $6500 below invoice,.... everyone wins, dealer makes $1000 and dealer saves thousands on interest they have been paying on gas guzzlers that dont sell right now just sitting on the lot, and customers are very happy w/ price cuz its almost $8000 less than employee price, they send more business and tell everyone they know friends, relatives etc.etc. pretty soon you made good money and sold almost all your gas guzzlers you got in stock,...... anyways im sorry if i offended by telling the truth and trying to help other guys like us get a better deal, SORRY i didnt know that was soo wrong, sorry to ruin your day by me helping other people
Old 08-07-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

According the GM's own GMS Program it is against there policy to sell a car/truck below GMS pricing (u can give them rebates and whatnot that can apply) If GM were to come in and audit your dealership they can remove your GM privlages.

Program# 08-06-10
E. THE VEHICLE MUST BE SOLD AT THE PRICES DEFINED IN ITEM NUMBER 2
LESS ELIGIBLE CONSUMER AND/OR DEALER INCENTIVES TO BE ELIGIBLE TO
RECEIVE THE GMEPP FIVE PERCENT ALLOWANCE REFERENCED IN ITEM 4.
IN ADDITION, THE GMEPP PROGRAM VEHICLE PRICE MUST BE DETAILED AS
SUCH ON THE BUYER'S ORDER.

So sir, you are either Lying, or the next time you guys get audited your privlages will be removed.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

H/B 261 2109.30
Straight from your invoice on a Black w/titanium Vette of yours on your lot with a MSRP of $71160.00

Your invoice looks the same as ours with the Same GMS price listing on that exact same model and your telling me you guys will sell it for 9k behind GMS.....BS
Old 08-07-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

H/B 261 2109.30
Straight from your invoice on a Black w/titanium Vette of yours on your lot with a MSRP of $71160.00

Your invoice looks the same as ours with the Same GMS price listing on that exact same model and your telling me you guys will sell it for 9k behind GMS.....BS

It is BS. Plain and simple. What someone needs to do is call Vandergriff and see if they'll sell a Z06 for what he's saying. If not then just point out where you heard it.
Old 08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Banned

According the GM's own GMS Program it is against there policy to sell a car/truck below GMS pricing (u can give them rebates and whatnot that can apply) If GM were to come in and audit your dealership they can remove your GM privlages.

Program# 08-06-10
E. THE VEHICLE MUST BE SOLD AT THE PRICES DEFINED IN ITEM NUMBER 2
LESS ELIGIBLE CONSUMER AND/OR DEALER INCENTIVES TO BE ELIGIBLE TO
RECEIVE THE GMEPP FIVE PERCENT ALLOWANCE REFERENCED IN ITEM 4.
IN ADDITION, THE GMEPP PROGRAM VEHICLE PRICE MUST BE DETAILED AS
SUCH ON THE BUYER'S ORDER.

So sir, you are either Lying, or the next time you guys get audited your privlages will be removed.
look dude let me help you understand this..... im not talking about getting a better deal on the "employee" pricing promotion, the employee price is 5% over invoice minus rebates,..... gm does not include any holdback on their gm employee pricing promo, thats what you dont understand,...... holdback is different for each dealer when you factor in amount of inventory, amout of vettes that were ordered and delivered this year, and how much interest owed on the banks holding the mso's on current inventory,..... look everyone in arlington knows vandergriff is famous for their $100 over invoice pricing on their cars,...... FOR EXAMPLE: if a cars invoice is $20,000 then we could sell it for $20,100 thats $100 over invoice but if you get the "employee" pricing promo its 5% over invoice which would mean you would take 20k and times it by 5% and adding the two figures together,..... that means the gm employee price would be $21,000 on a invoice of $20,000,...... we sell $100 over invoice all the time which in this example would be $900 less than the "employee" pricing,..... negotiating has nothing to do with the employee pricing, the dealer can sell something for as much or as little as they want its up to the dealer but when you sell something on a promo like the gm employee pricing promo you have to go by the guidelines which is 5% over invoice,..... so you say how do we make money on a car if we sell alot of them $100 over invoice??? HOLDBACK!!! if we only make $100 on a car today and it has a holdback of say like a silverado z71 of $6200 then when the dealer gets their quarterly holdback checks we will have totally made $6300 dollars on that silverado z71, $100 from over invoice when it was sold and $6200 in holdback on their quarterly checks....... how do you think dealerships make money?!?!?!?! its all holdback, look with all the internet pricing and shopping and negotiating going on, i mean look, who goes into buying a car and not beat the dealer up on price???? i would say maybe just maybe 1% of the population buys cars for msrp. well if everyone is negotiating and there is soo much competition then how can these dealerships afford to pay all their employees, pay for insurance, health insurance, taxes, payroll, all the property and afford the multi million dollar lot and showroom and service dept and the hundereds of thousands they spend every 2 months on just interest alone on current inventory to the banks holding mso's???? how do they afford that??? HOLDBACK..... when negotiating sales managers never go into holdback they just go off of invoice plus what they sell it at and thats their profit, THE ONLY TIME A DEALER WILL GO INTO HOLDBACK IS ON SOMETHING THAT DOSENT SELL, COST THEM MONEY ON INTEREST AND THEY ARE NOT HOT SELLERS, like the suburban, tahoe, 2500hd silverado and the gas drinking vettes,..... gm employee pricing has nothing to do with holdback, holdback is strictly confidential to the individual dealer, I WAS JUST POINTING OUT THAT YOU CAN GET WELL INTO HOLDBACK WHICH RANGES FROM $6000-$9000 ON VETTES AND Z06 IN THIS MARKET RIGHT NOW, just trying to help other ls1 guys understand that 5% over cost which is gm's employee pricing may sound good for advertisement purposes and comercials saying hey gm now has employee pricing,.... but its not the best way to get the best deal...... sorry for trying to help other people, but now i hope you understand the difference between a promo and non promos, and if you dont understand after all of that then just go back to changing oil in the service dept and leave all of this to someone with an education, im not trying to sound like a dick but your calling me a liar and im not lying im telling the truth about the market right now and trying to help people.....
Old 08-07-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Addict

Old 08-07-2008, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Same Vette as mentioned before sitting on your lot
Invoice Price "PAY 310 64635.55"
GMS Price "GMS: 61623.15"

MSRP of $71160.00

now this is Invoice Minus IMr, LAM & Holdback "ACT 231 61473.15"
But remember U said 9k behind GMS

Also If u get a GMS auth# and sell it as a GMS (when u report it to GM)then sell that same vehicle for the "ACT" price...U just went against GM's rules for GMS pricing.....we do more GMS deals then alot of the dealers in this area for one simple reason.....We show them the GMS pricing, and abide by the rules GM set in place for this program. We have had plenty of your dealerships customers come to ours, why would they come to us if u guys are selling vehicles below GMS??? Why, wouldnt make sense, hell GM employees want everything and then some when they buy a car/truck and pinch every penny they can find, we have had plenty come from Vandergriff over to ours to buy a car/truck at GMS.