Employee Price on any Vette Instock (limited)

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well Vandergriff will. So all U GMS and GSU Employees go ask for the F&I guy at Vandergriff chevy with a Fast Camaro and get the most astonishing deals I have ever heard...should be easy, walk in, ask for all H/B plus what GM pays extra in H/B money ....You'll be able to walk out and trade your vehicle in at another dealership and get cash for it the next day And all other dealers who maybe reading this, call Vandergriff and help remove all of there inventory of old units cause they are selling them way way behind invoice.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 9sec02ss
so im racist now??? dude i said that in a joking manner and i even said lol after i said it, thats kinda like me saying most preps are a momma's boy, or saying most black people listen to rap, or most rednecks listen to good ol country music, or a skater likes rock music, how is that racist, oh my bad since i said that i must hail hitler huh??? looks like you're mad cuz people that actually buy alot of vehicles are going by what i say and are agreeing with me, so instead of trying to pick something i say apart just chill and have a civil judgement about it

also, to explain different holdback for dealers is simple, you described your job and basically you're the secretary which the secretary is the bitch of the store and has NO BUSINESS and NOT ALLOWED in closing screens and finalizing screens, also you have to have a high end password to get into those screens and if you did get into those screens you wouldnt have any idea what you're looking at, i mean if yall do business like that i bet the guy at the parts counter could get in the lightspeed terminal and tell me the amount of hold back a unit has lol or maybe your custodian lol, sooo....... let me explain the difference between hold backs for each dealer, GM will have salesmen from gm called "district reps" to try and make a dealer order more inventory, NOTE: the more vehicles ordered = the more $$$ gm makes, gm makes money off of dealers, not public, the dealers make money off of public, so.... there are incentives for ordering more units from gm, which is very cost effective, meaning if a small dealer orders 50 silverados from gm they will get the normal invoice deal from gm, but if a power dealer orders 250 silverados from gm they will get huge hold back incentives, its a gamble though cuz if you order too many it could cost you tons in interest from the banks buying them from gm to put on your lot, but if you order a good amount of them you can sell alot, make alot on holdback, have first dibs on the next years order and a power dealer has priority over other dealers from gm if they need anything at all, keep in mind dealers are customers to gm, gm makes $$$ off of dealers thats why they put out huge incentives like big holdbacks or invoice reduction incentives, mainly they put their incentives in the holdback #'s cuz its confidential to that specific dealer,....... thats why a jim bob store in the country can sell a vette for 50k and a power dealer can sell one for 42k, its cuz of the incentives they got from gm cuz they ordered alot more vettes then jim bob in the country did, so they have alot more holdback to work with,....... but as i said before, sales managers dont go into holdback when negotiating on a vehicle unless they have too many in stock and they are not selling, so with gas prices being at all time highs and the economy being in bad shape right now not many people are buying vettes and they are just sitting on the lot, and each day a vehicle sits on the lot it cost the dealers money in interest SO I WAS POINTING OUT RIGHT NOW WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO GET WELL INTO HOLDBACK on large dealers that have big holdbacks to negotiate with and big dealers that are losing money on gas guzlers right now, you probably dont understand that either since you havent understood anything that i have thoroughly explained in the past but hey i tried
civil??? U came on my post blasting me calling me a tool, bitch, douch nozzle, etc....then u make statement that would insult any person of jewish decent and act like it was just a joke???? I bet u use the "N" word and arabic put downs in a joking manner also? maybe U should drive down to oak cliff and see how making a statement like that flys? I have been on here rationally trying to expalin things using actual invoices and procedures and even had a nice member post an actual invoice...but I guess we are the only dealership that I know of that doesnt have that special invoice machine that prints out the actual invoices that I thought I was pulling from GM Dealerworlds own website....who knew! Or the special Vin Hidden Incentive look-up button that only a select few high ranking dealers get off of dealerworld. Its funny I have shown this post to the sales mangers, salesmen with over 20yrs exp and they all have that same "WTF" look on there face...amazing.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
arabic put downs in a joking manner also? maybe U should drive down to oak cliff and see how making a statement like that flys?

I made statements about arabs while i was deployed... I guess i was deployed in the Oak Cliff of the world... hmm, they did not say much to us though i personally dont think there is anything wrong with talking **** to muslim extremist's

Last edited by AGRV8D; 08-08-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
I made statements about arabs while i was deployed... I guess i was deployed in the Oak Cliff of the world... hmm, they did not say much to us though i personally dont think there is anything wrong with talking **** to muslim extremist's
Those are two completly different communities.....Normal people and extremist. I was more insulted by the Jewish comment, and im not even Jewish but respect there history and the tribulations that race of people have endured throughout the centuries.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Banned

Those are two completly different communities.....Normal people and extremist. I was more insulted by the Jewish comment, and im not even Jewish but respect there history and the tribulations that race of people have endured throughout the centuries.
man, all i said was "penny pinching jew lol" i even said lol afterwards implying i was jk, is there anyone that disagrees with that comment??? no cuz that race is known to be like that "penny pinching" im not making fun of them or being racist im just picking out a fact and using it in a phrase, and WHY ARE WE AGRUING about this, its stupid

dude calm down, take a minute to take a few deep breaths, its just words that were typed on a computer screen, go walk around the park or go to a comedy movie or something, calm down dude its not a life changing event, i dont understand all this racist stuff your crying about anyways, it will be ok man trust me, maybe you have a chemical imbalance in the brain and you need some paxil cr or some other prescription, you said you have been a secretary for the last 10yrs which means if they hired you at 18yrs old or older then you are right at 30yrs. old so my question is why is a grown man arguing over the internet over something he doesent completely know or understand??? if you grow up we can shake hands like gentlemen perhaps agree to disagree and go grab some wings and beer at hooters or something, but you wont get too far in life being a grumpy old man arguing with people the way you are right now, and you're arguing with me about somethiing i do for a living so i should know my own job, you're just the secretary with no access to what im talking about, so i got an idea LETS DROP IT that would be the grown up thing to do right???
Old 08-08-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Now your taking the high road...I like that. 1st u come on my posting and call me names, accuse me of being a some green pea then make an off color comment and try to say "its alright, I typed LOL after it" nice I like that. Maybe if you started the discussion in a calm and mature manner we could've grabbed lunch sometime but after all the name calling and misinformation u produced about the business I would rather eat by myself thank-u. Im 31yrs old and have a College degree, I started at my dealership at 21yrs old. And worked my way up and worked in several depts at my dealership.

Last edited by Ravenous T\A; 08-08-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Since my grammer was off and it upset people:D
Old 08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
Launching!

Now your taking the high road...I like that. 1st u come on my posting and call me names, accuse me of being a some green pea then make an off color comment and try to say "its alright, I typed LOL after it" nice I like that. Maybe if you started the discussion in a calm and mature manner we could of grabbed lunch sometime but after all the name calling and misinformation u produced about the business I would rather eat by myself thank-u. Im 31yrs old and have a College degree, I started at my dealership at 21yrs old.
*could've (it's a contraction of "could have")

edit: Sorry for being a grammar ****, but that is a pet peave of mine; it's like nails on a chalkboard.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Junkie

fixed it
Old 08-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Im assuming they are just getting rid of the inventory on their lot? I was waiting on getting the GXP G8 for a daily driver but if a 1LT vette will be around 40k i would consider that instead.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by KBG
I agree with very little of what you've said in this thread....I believe Ravenous is trying to help potential vette buyers get a good deal. Whether or not he will benefit from this makes no difference to me..... I just think that it is cool that he took the time to type this thread to help out some fellow car guys

I would probably get a little agitated too if someone making their first posts on this board basically told me I was full of ****
I agree. I've know Ravenous for a while and he's always willing to help people out anyway that he can