Know where to get a Rolex cheap?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Know where to get a Rolex cheap?

Ok ok.. NO Rolex is "cheap" but does anyone know where to get one for a good price? I've been thinking about buying one for a good while now, and I think I'm going to instead of modding my car.. That's probably not a popular decision on here but at least it'll hold it's value over time.

So does anyone have any suggestions? I've checked eBay but I'd really rather see the watch in person before I spend a few grand on it.

Thanks
Old 08-17-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know where you could get a real nice Polex for cheap
Old 08-17-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
I know where you could get a real nice Polex for cheap
nah, not looking for a Bolex
Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

Pfsst I think jewlery is the biggest waste of money. Why buy something unless it serves some sort of purpose. I know a Rolex tells time and looks nice, but if you are trying to impress someone, just borrow one or buy a fake. If you want something to hold its worth, buy some bullion and keep it in a safe or in a bank. Sorry, just my opinion, but I just cant see spending that much on something like that.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mong00z
Pfsst I think jewlery is the biggest waste of money. Why buy something unless it serves some sort of purpose. I know a Rolex tells time and looks nice, but if you are trying to impress someone, just borrow one or buy a fake. If you want something to hold its worth, buy some bullion and keep it in a safe or in a bank. Sorry, just my opinion, but I just cant see spending that much on something like that.
To each his own. Don't really care what you think, man. I see where you're coming from but, that's beside the point. I WANT a Rolex and not to impress anyone, but because I have ALWAYS wanted one and I'm finally in a position that I can afford one. Period.

I also can't see someone spending over 15k on mods for a car that will eventually blow up, deteriorate, and just lose value either but ultimately it's all about what you want and what makes you happy.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
To each his own.
I also can't see someone spending over 15k on mods for a car that will eventually blow up, deteriorate, and just lose value either but ultimately it's all about what you want and what makes you happy.
True, very true. Modding my car is a HORRIBLE investment, but I have fun doing so. Paying lots of money for a really expensive watch is a good investment (if it never gets stolen and under warranty), but not so much fun.
Didn't mean to knock you or try to make you feel dumb for wanting a Rolex, just stating how I felt.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mong00z
True, very true. Modding my car is a HORRIBLE investment, but I have fun doing so. Paying lots of money for a really expensive watch is a good investment (if it never gets stolen and under warranty), but not so much fun.
Didn't mean to knock you or try to make you feel dumb for wanting a Rolex, just stating how I felt.
It's really not even about the investment. I am on my 6th Z28, hence my screen name and it's just becoming less and less fun spending $ on my now high mileage car. So at this point, I am garaging it indefinitely until I can afford to do what I want with it. In the mean time, I want to get a nice watch as this is something I will get more gratification out of than pulling up in my rumbling car. I guess I'm getting older, who knows? I still love racing but with my current mods, I'm not in the class I want to be in.. Soo.. I guess I'm going to get a new car soon, possibly a C6 or more likely, an Acura TL until my Z is where I want it to be.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 AM
Staging Lane

i have a men 2tone quick set i thought about selling.thats what i do when i get a few xtra $$$ i buy thim the never lose $$$ just dont buy a new one they lose value.the watch is in good shape just had it serviced about a year ago that cost 300 it has a factory diamond dial. hit me with a pm if you interested...
Old 08-18-2008, 01:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

To be honest, I'm not sure you can receive a valid answer to that question. If you are trying to find a cheap legit Rolex, then maybe you aren't ready to buy one. It's like asking where you can find a Ferrari for cheap. Well, maybe you can get one of those old 308s for under $20k, but ending up buying a junk Ferrari.

Not trying to be rude, just stating a point. Take it for what its worth.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by newton
To be honest, I'm not sure you can receive a valid answer to that question. If you are trying to find a cheap legit Rolex, then maybe you aren't ready to buy one. It's like asking where you can find a Ferrari for cheap. Well, maybe you can get one of those old 308s for under $20k, but ending up buying a junk Ferrari.

got a good point alot of fakes and after market watches out there to so becareful.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Most of the stores that I have been to that sell Rolex also have some "gently used" items available.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00SS!
Most of the stores that I have been to that sell Rolex also have some "gently used" items available.
yea alot of thim to a buddy of mine bought his from a rep store and took it to get work on and the place he went ask were he bought it from cause it was fake make a long story short he got his 5k back.but i'm just saying becareful.......
Old 08-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Teching In

Go on vacation to Dubai. You can get solid 18K prez for 5k or you can get a suitcase full of knock offs for 15$ a piece.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Women look at a man's watch and his shoes, along with how he is dressed. Needless to say, an expensive watch is probably how most women assess a man's wealth.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:08 AM
12 Second Club

Make sure the second hand is smooth and that it does not jitter. Rolex's second hand goes around smooth with no stopping.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:56 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by newton

Ok. Let me re-phrase the question, does anyone have a hook up on Rolex's? Someone who is willing to sell one without a crazy mark up? BTW, your Ferrari comparison fell a little short here since I do have the $ to buy one. It's not like I'm trying to find a nice one under $1,000 or something. I just want a good, gently used perhaps, Rolex at a good price without significant mark-up.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

there is a jewelry place on Richmond in an office building that has good prices on Diamonds and other Jewlery, but i forgot the address... 6600 Richmond or something.... maybe someone else here knows the place. No advertisement to speak of but 6 or 7 floors of nothing but jewelry
Old 08-18-2008, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

True:

Originally Posted by AronZ28
Women look at a man's shoes, along with how he is dressed.
Fixed:

Needless to say, an expensive watch is probably how most gold-diggers assess a man's wealth.

BTW, there are some fakes out there that are indistinguishable to a real one, unless you open them up and look inside and compare them. A good fake Rolex will still cost $1500-2000, lol.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AGRV8D
there is a jewelry place on Richmond in an office building that has good prices on Diamonds and other Jewlery, but i forgot the address... 6600 Richmond or something.... maybe someone else here knows the place. No advertisement to speak of but 6 or 7 floors of nothing but jewelry
yea i know were your talking about not a good place to buy.plus you have to know somebody to get in the doors atleast that how it was a few years ago..
Old 08-18-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
True:
BTW, there are some fakes out there that are indistinguishable to a real one, unless you open them up and look inside and compare them. A good fake Rolex will still cost $1500-2000, lol.

Its because the GOOD Rolex's you speak of have genuine Rolex parts used for movement etc...