Habitual Offender in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redsox_ws6
Im gonna need the number to this attorney asap, I was ticket raped once again with a bunch of bs, like no license, expired tags etc.. When I clearly handed my fucken license to the douche cop and clearly had valid tags, i think he was just being an ******* and figured that he pile it on. Since he assumed i was gonna hire a lawyer and those ******* charge $75 per ticket even if it's not valid, I was in the Vette. And the reason i was given a ticket was because i "ran a barricade" i kinda did but i was following a black suburban which turned out to be swat..lol, so once i got further down the street i was stopped completly by another barricade and turned around only to be stopped again and written a grocery list of fucken tickets.
Dont know about Texas but in Washington they make you sign the ticket to show that you recieved it. If i looked at the ticket and it had no license after i handed it to the cop i would point it out
Old 09-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

He usually deals with cases in District court but I believe they are still handling traffic violations. I haven't had to use him for that in years because I have calmed down some. His name is Perry Bass I will have to dig up his #.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ryanm86
He usually deals with cases in District court but I believe they are still handling traffic violations. I haven't had to use him for that in years because I have calmed down some. His name is Perry Bass I will have to dig up his #.
Please do me the favor, it would be greatly appreciated. The past ticket lawyers ive hired kinda have sucked.

Originally Posted by Shangsta
Dont know about Texas but in Washington they make you sign the ticket to show that you recieved it. If i looked at the ticket and it had no license after i handed it to the cop i would point it out

they do here too, but like a dumbass i didnt read it before signing
Old 09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by photoman9988
Well he hasn't had his license taken yet, but i think it's pretty bs how it happened... He was coming home, and as he was passing through our neighborhood, he passed this house, and these people started FREAKING out, and yelling. We looked around and saw nobody in the street, and he was going 15mph.

a few hours later, a cop came to our door saying the people said he was going 60 and almost hit their kid. that was a complete lie. i know, because i was THERE. I tried standing up for him, but that just pissed the cop off, and that's when he said he was putting that status on my brother.
their allowed to do this?! How does a cop have the right to give a ticket out based on what the neighbors saw? I hate these kinds of cops, they all need to go to hell or atleast worry about the more important things. Hope your brother can beat this outlandish ticket/bitch cop
Old 09-30-2008, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by photoman9988
Well he hasn't had his license taken yet, but i think it's pretty bs how it happened... He was coming home, and as he was passing through our neighborhood, he passed this house, and these people started FREAKING out, and yelling. We looked around and saw nobody in the street, and he was going 15mph.

a few hours later, a cop came to our door saying the people said he was going 60 and almost hit their kid. that was a complete lie. i know, because i was THERE. I tried standing up for him, but that just pissed the cop off, and that's when he said he was putting that status on my brother.
But he did not give him a ticket, correct? I'm assuming not since he can't. In Texas a Class C Misdemeanor such as speeding has to be witnessed by the officer and can not be charged against someone threw a witness statement no matter how credible that witness is. You could do 160 through the neighborhood with 100 witnesses and the only thing the officer could do other than contact you and tell you to slow down is sit and wait for you to do it again. Habitual offender status is applied by the courts, not the street officer. However an officer can bring it to the court's attention if your brother meets the requirements.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1nterceptor
But he did not give him a ticket, correct? I'm assuming not since he can't. In Texas a Class C Misdemeanor such as speeding has to be witnessed by the officer and can not be charged against someone threw a witness statement no matter how credible that witness is. You could do 160 through the neighborhood with 100 witnesses and the only thing the officer could do other than contact you and tell you to slow down is sit and wait for you to do it again. Habitual offender status is applied by the courts, not the street officer. However an officer can bring it to the court's attention if your brother meets the requirements.
man he is 100% correct if the officer doesn't witness it it will get throw out when you go to court just tell them the neighbors were exagerating because you have a loud car and it sounds like it's hauling *** at 20 mph... i got pulled over the other day and i'll be honest i had just got the car back and i did hit it through second prolly got up to like 50 before i got out of it and as i'm parking at my work a cop pulls in drives around the parking lot and stops in front of my car, he then proceeds to tell me that he heard me speeding, all i said was my car is loud car i see where you clocked me on the radar gun, well he gave me a pissed off look and asked for my (also my seat belt guide was broke at the time so i had the belt under my arm to keep it from scaping my neck) DL and insurance and my car is registered in alabama because they have no emmissions adn he tells me that i should have had it transffered over within a month of having the car so he trieds to write me up for not insurance (which i had) no registration(which i had) and said i was wearing my seat belt incorrectly so it was the same as not having it.. i just told him i knew none of this would hold up in court and i used to be a vehicle inspector so when i told him that your only required to have a lap belt in texas and that mine was on correctly he ended up writing me a warning.. and beleive it or not when i got off that mother ****** was sitting in the parking lot and proceeded to follow my *** half way home.....so yea HPD don't like f-bodys thats why mine stays in the garage most of the time now!!!!!!!!! cops are bitches atleast most of'em are..

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 09-30-2008 at 02:11 PM.

Quick Reply: Habitual Offender in Texas?