Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:52 PM
...with cheese.

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions

It's big. Over the past couple weeks some friends and I have been redoing my shop. A lift has been a long overdue addition and having used most brands under the sun over the years I opted for Bendpak in an asymmetrical wide configuration.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-cws95.jpg

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-klsal.jpg

The slab section from the wall is 12ft 6in. I got it in my head that I wanted it to be a straight shot from the first door and the 12ft 6in slab section would be easily within limits. This lift in a wide configuration measures 145" from base plate to base plate which is 12ft exactly. After moving the posts into position it became obvious that the left side spacing was unacceptable.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-mqzwv.jpg

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-co889.jpg

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-00dwq.jpg

Tonight I'm going to shift it 2ft over to the right leaving the passenger side post slightly in the center bay. According to my calculations with a car the size of my Camaro centered on the lift I'll have approx. 5 1/2ft of room between a lifted vehicle and the wall. I feel I'd have regrets if I left it as is, especially being the driver side.

Regarding the design and build quality; I was impressed with how solid the post structure is. It's not flimsy like other lifts I've used in the past. I appreciated small details such as the reservoir being pinch-bolted to the motor. Some lifts just use a big worm clamp that leaves the 4 gallon reservoir cocked under the weight. Other aspects I feel could have used a little more attention like the equalizing cable slots inside the carriage and the lock release mechanism spring.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-nurm3.jpg

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-qaltt.jpg

I went ahead and picked up the accessory power/air box that mounts to one of the arms. It's a nice, solid feeling piece and will help a lot reducing clutter. I'd recommend it to future buyers.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-9wls9.jpg

Overall, I'm very pleased with the lift and look forward to many years of its use. I'll update this thread when it's relocated and finished.

Thanks for looking
Old 10-06-2012, 07:17 PM
...with cheese.

So I got around to repositioning and finishing the lift. I didn't realize scissor lifts were as heavy as they are... long story short I attempted to save the mesh gate on my trailer by taking it off and making ramps to the driveway. I failed miserably.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-gfrek.jpg

After 30 minutes of pure rage I got it unstuck and inside. We walked the lift posts over 26 inches from the wall and got them secured.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-2mrsw.jpg

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-znmme.jpg

At some point during the delivery a forklift picked it up incorrectly and goobered up the paint in a few places. It seems this is common with their usual freight company. I'll just touch it up later.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-hwbva.jpg

Top assembly in, hydraulics and electrical finished

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-9m3xo.jpg

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-tbdca.jpg

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-fxmcl.jpg

It's built right. There was no point during the install that I questioned any aspect of build quality.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-rdcpv.jpg

Everything went together nicely and I'm very pleased with what I got for the money. If you've got the room I'd suggest the wide configuration. It's awesome.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-douve.jpg
Old 10-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just put a bendpak in our shop last weekend! Good choice looks nice man.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

how did you feel about the install? easy enough? I'm having a shop built soon and will go with a Direct lift due to cost but thinking about installing myself
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM
...with cheese.

Originally Posted by Spahny72
We just put a bendpak in our shop last weekend! Good choice looks nice man.
Thanks buddy

how did you feel about the install? easy enough? I'm having a shop built soon and will go with a Direct lift due to cost but thinking about installing myself
It wasn't terribly difficult but we might have different definitions of difficult. And then you've gotta ask yourself the question, are you comfortable standing under a car supported by something you may or may not have installed correctly? The instructions are abysmal.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

awesome write up thank you for the info. How do you feel about your spacing from the wall? do you think 2 foot clearance from the wall is perfect of would you have gone less or more if you re did it? How about the clearances for the front spacing (ie recommended spacing from posts to front wall)? you know enought space to allow for you to still get your engine hoist in and out of there comfortably
Old 10-12-2012, 11:51 PM
...with cheese.

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastPowerSports
awesome write up thank you for the info. How do you feel about your spacing from the wall? do you think 2 foot clearance from the wall is perfect of would you have gone less or more if you re did it? How about the clearances for the front spacing (ie recommended spacing from posts to front wall)? you know enought space to allow for you to still get your engine hoist in and out of there comfortably
Thanks buddy

The base plate of the driver post is now exactly 27 inches from the wall and it's perfect. Being an asymmetrical style lift your required space in front of the lift from approaching direction is reduced in the neighborhood of 25% since the drivers door sits behind the lift post rather than in front in symmetrical configurations.

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-gzgjv.jpg

Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions-jnbix.jpg

There's plenty of room for a jack on the wall side with the 27" + 21" base plate width + 18+/-" car to post distance. I'm very pleased I moved it over.

It's all still fresh in my mind so feel free to PM me with questions/concerns.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 PM
...with cheese.

Also, I'm 6'5 and can stand straight under the car with the shortest adapters under the lift pad on the top locks. Other lifts I'd had to hunch over
Old 11-03-2012, 04:47 AM

It is really huge. Thanks for sharing the photographs. It is quite difficult to uplift the car without the help of jacks. Once again thanks for sharing such photographs.

------------------------------------------------

automotive lifts for sale
Old 11-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Launching!

Looks good. I need to be looking for a place with a garage tall enough to put one in or space to build a garage big enough.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I am thinking about getting one of those. Good to hear that you are happy with it. Don't think I'd ever attempt to install it myself though. You have a hige garage. Are they saying you are suppose to have 24 feet in length. I have a 30X40 garage but my opening to the second floor is probably only 21 feet long by 14 feet. Do you know how far your car extends in the front and back from the centerline. Who did you purchase your's from. Thanks
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the sme lift in the narrow version at my house and going to have its 3rd birthday this month with no issues ....
Would like to have the screw pads though
Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 AM

I am ordering the same lift next week. Do u suggest the 2' height extensions and realistically
how much floor space do you allow for lift and working are total?

God Bless
John (new member)

Quick Reply: Bendpak XPR-10A 2-Post Lift, First Impressions