Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

big tool box

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets keep this on topic. If youre interested in the box post up, if not keep your comments to yourself.

We dont need another bickering thread about tools/tool chests and who thinks what about what.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy just ordered a new toolbox, mine was not big enough for him
Old 06-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thumbs up

If I had the money laying around, I'd talk to you about it, but unfortunately I don't. Nice box.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

Just thought you might like to see a real pic of the box.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

All this talk about tool boxes, I got an OLD Mac Tools box, inherited it really. IT had(s) some misc tools of which some were junk and some have been really helpful.

Does anyone know if MAC works on or replaces drawers and stuff like that, got a few that dont open or come out too far (ie fall in floor and you forget this up to the exact moment it comes out....) and the casters are worn out. I replaced them with some 'freebie's but not what it needs.

I am considering either fixing this box or replacing it with something else...but there is no way at this moment I can replace it with a box as big as it is....so i probably will keep it...
Old 08-04-2005, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by destroyerSS
Listen, Box for box i think there overpriced but when you have a large drawer with 100lbs of tools in it then you'll see and feel the differance. I happen to own a snap-on box and it's a good size but i harrased my snap on guy untill i got a great price. I would not pay 5-10K for a box. Now going to hand tools I have a Snap-on Flank drive plus wrenches and there is NO COMPARISION to any other wrench. If you work with tool's every day craftsman just do not hold up. Just like a Carpenter would not use the lower line for his saw's and other tools. Tools are like cars why would you pay 70K for a Escalade when you can buy a Suzuki suv for 15K Cause.....
i agree i work professionally on nissans and fords . when i first started i had most all craftsmam tools. the first year i spent 6K on tools. 4 years later spending about the same amount each year i have a nice collection of hand tools not to mention scanners DVOM's and drivability testing tools. there is no comparison of craftsman to snap on or mac the fit an comfort make the job a lot easier
Old 08-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Teching In

i started wrenching on diesels, ( i know what a way to start) doing suspension steering brakes and a alignments. now i wrench on smaller cars at a full service garage. i bought about 15k in tools for diesel semi suspensions and components that i dont need now but i keep. i have already spent 10k this year on smaller more precise tools, including my scanners. I keep all of this locked up in a KRL series snap on top and bottom box. i had a craftsman and within six months it was broke. You have a gorgeous toolbox and i am in the market for one now, but being in GA you cant exactly ship it to me LOL TTT for ya good luck man

Quick Reply: big tool box