Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Post pics of your garage / shop

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the tiles are a composite plastic, so they wont crack. just lay a board down under the stands. plus at under .60 a tile you could tear a few up and still be ok.

brody
Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by XLR8N
cajundude, what was the purpose of the elevated portion of the floor and what was it made out of? is that a detached set up? and how much would you say with out the gladiator cabnets, sorry for all the Q's but very impressed. now you have my head spinning with ideas. looks killer!

brody
I would assume the elevated portion was to make cleaning easier. If you spill on the lower portion, you won't have to move the cabinets and tool boxes to clean underneath.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

i was thinking along those lines, i also think it would be a better spot to store the jacks and stands to keep from messing up the tile. just checking to see if he had another reason.

brody
Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Lethal
Thanks,I finally put few pic's together to display the PKG.My place is OK.Just wait,when i get my buddys shop is awesome! Mine is about 1/4 of what he has for punch
What do you do for a living? Do you need help doing it? Currently a Marine but they don't pay as good as whatever you are doing.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:26 AM
TECH Junkie

Hey
The truth of the matter is ,none of the hot cars are not mine,they all belong to my buddy,he has bought and sold so much of that stuff its hard to keep track

Last edited by gonzo 6.0; 10-13-2007 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cajundude
i like that setup!

Power Over Online
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Self proclaimed VILLAGE IDIOT

After reading through this entire thread, I'm going to go shoot myself in the head now.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

TTT........this has to keep going, I could look at these all day!!
Old 11-05-2007, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Here's what ill be working with. Just bought my first home (im 24). the garage is a 2 car tandem.

ill be adding more lighting, and sealing up the floor as well. Not a whole lot of room in the front for a workbench/tools. any ideas to maximize the space? i really dont want anything on the sides (good old earthquakes out here).
Old 11-05-2007, 01:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HellaciousA
Here's what ill be working with. Just bought my first home (im 24). the garage is a 2 car tandem.

ill be adding more lighting, and sealing up the floor as well. Not a whole lot of room in the front for a workbench/tools. any ideas to maximize the space? i really dont want anything on the sides (good old earthquakes out here).

thats a tough one dude. Id make that door inop. and put my toolbox/bench there. or jsut use it as a one car garage, and put the tool box to the left of the exterior door at the end, and make a bench on the side, but that would make it impossible to get two cars in there. but allow you to have shelves and a work bench, and somewhere to put your tool box atleast. only problem is if your cars at the other end, it'll make for alot of footsteps to the toolbox to get that 15mm instead of the 14mm. know what I mean? good luck, and let us know what you do decide on doin with it.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Many, many beautiful workplaces here guys! I will post pics after the paintjob is done on my 'rod. It is a three car with VCT [Vinyl Composition Tiles] and a nice design in the floor. The advantage is that they are inexpensive, if you damage one you just heat it up with a heat gun and pull it out, replace with new one and 'seal'.

On a side note for you guys with residential garages 'in the works': Wayne Dalton makes an opener called an iDrive. It mounts on the header wall [door wall] instead of hanging from the ceiling. It frees up ALOT of overhead space for installing lifts, etc. They won a few design awards with it. I have two of them and LOVE them! Lowe's used to sell them, they might still. They aren't suitable for big doors; but, they work fine for a standard two-car roll-up. They can be retrofitted to older torsion spring set-ups or you can buy their complete system [recommended]. I got the Torsion System because I was too cheap to redo the entire spring set-up; but, I know that it isn't as perfect a system as the matched set [my brother has that one and it is 100% trouble-free].

Anyway, great stuff here. If you'd like to see a pic of the opener mounted email me directly and I'll send you one. Don't want to show the chaos of the garage on this forum right now.

All the best!

email: integrity_builders@mac.com
Old 11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This my garage. The inside is nothing special right now. Just white paint and bare concrete. We just had it built and moved in in March.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Silverado_13
After reading through this entire thread, I'm going to go shoot myself in the head now.
lol..+1
Old 11-16-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee295/1969x11/CIMG0526.jpg[/IMG]Here are some pics of the new shop(doghouse).Still working on wiring, but almost done.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

some great stuff in here guys... keep 'em coming!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned

My garage. I'm really lucky to have this, and I use it everyday. It has an industrial sized heater in it, that will get it from 20* to 70 in under 2 minutes. It is big enough, though I wouldn't mind double the space. It gets dirty as you can see, but I clean it after I'm done for the day:

My Dad helping:

I'm standing in the large doorway:

Old 11-17-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

So when is that shoe box going to be running again, looks like a sweet ride!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
On The Tree

Mine is really unique. It's a 4 car, but one of the bays leads down to the basement.

View as you get to the bottom of the ramp:

That's my cobra project:

I know it's a mess. I have to clean up, big time. I was perfectly comfortable in the old house, but my wife found this and I agreed to move. It was owned by one of the auto dealers in town, and he kept his collection downstairs. You can have at least 7 projects going on at one time down there.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HellaciousA

I'd look for a metal workbench with casters the lock so you could roll it off to the side somewhere when you are done. Assuming you plan to try and keep two cars in there. Most decent size tool boxes have casters too, so you may not have to chase tools that far.

I have a small 2x3 foot cart with casters I bought for $25 at Big Lots. I put pipe foam insulation on the four uprights to try and keep it from banging stuff up. It's a handy project cart for just about anything. I liked it enough I bought another one for my dad, and its one of few gifts he really uses.

Good Luck with your Garage!
Old 11-17-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Regular

Wow... I'm jealous of most of you. We have 5 spaces but 2 are attached to the house, one is in the basement with no room really and we just built a new one but because we live on a damn hill we couldn't make it big enough. Still it's nice to have it. Nothing special just good room to work on things which is sweet, plus our massive air compressor.

Quick Reply: Post pics of your garage / shop