Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Lincoln Or Miller Tig

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mentioned the inverter machines just to broaden the spectrum of welder choice and discussion. I have nothing against the sycrowave machines... when I originally built my shop, I size the electrical service for the future purchase of one. As time has gone by, I have had more need of equipment that is portable and flexible for power. At times, I either had to use a low end arc welder, or rewire panel boards for 240 volt outlet, to weld at friend's homes. I choose the dynasty because it is easy to take from place to place, does not need a lot of space to store, and I can use it on 120 volt; to me that was worth the extra cost.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jdustu
Yeah, a lot of guys that are used to the tranformer welders have a hard time adjusting to inverters. More aptly put, they don't want to put in the time
Like any technology, you've got to understand it before you can fully utilize it.

I definitely don't agree that he wouldn't know the difference. The first time I used a thermal arc inverter to weld aluminum it took one bead and it was clear. I was hooked. We have a synchrowave 350 at work, and I'd pick my dynasty 200dx over that any day of the week(so long as I don't need the extra amps). Not to mention the thing weighs 45lbs and can run off of 110 or 220 or 480-3 phase.

The synchrowaves will handle the job just fine though, and the price difference is substantial.
Depends alot on his skill level, and desire... for me, I have used, and do use inverters, and transformers, I do inherently like inverters much better even the cheap one I tried at a local shop once.... but your AVERAGE DIY'r will not really make a much better weld or need the adjustability of an inverter. I agree with the old timer statement fully, since im not one .

I was just trying to help the guy out, and not drop $3000 on something he probably shouldnt.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

What is the required input amperage at 120volt or 240volt 1-phase on the Miller Dynasty 200? Im also looking into a stick/Tig combo welder. Does the Dynasty do ac/dc stick also?
Thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

i have a miller syncrowave 350 at work and it welds great. it does what its supposed to. it does DC AC and stick.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ls1Bait
What is the required input amperage at 120volt or 240volt 1-phase on the Miller Dynasty 200? Im also looking into a stick/Tig combo welder. Does the Dynasty do ac/dc stick also?
Thanks
Yeah, the Dynasty does stick as well.

I think a 30 amp circuit would be fine.

Quick Reply: Lincoln Or Miller Tig