Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Snap-On Fanatics!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
heres what ive found as a chevy tech for 3 years.
i will never use craftsman impact sockets or ratchets at work, but its all i use at home
i do use craftsman sockets for regular hand ratcheting at work and have never had a problem
however, i hate snapon wrenches. for a fraction of the cost, i have gearwrench in every size plus my regular craftsman ratchets. ive never had a problem with a craftsman wrench, chrome socket (IF USED PROPERLY) screwdrivers etc.
i think its stupid to buy snapon screwdriver sets. the only time poeple break flatheads is when they are prying with them hahah
Very true, I use craftsman sockets for hand use at work but the craftsman wrenches I use only when I need to modify a tool. I have had them strip before.

Gearwrench are pretty much junk for me to use at work, the ratchets break and slip within a few weeks of use, I do use them at home for my cars though.My Bluepoint wrench set has been great, ive had it for about 2 years now and have only had to replace two wrenches.

I think snap on is VERY overpriced on some items...$30 for a metric tape measure?Come on. However for wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, ratchets, prybars, ect. I buy it for the warranty.If im working here or at the mines in Arizona there is always a snapon dealer to replace the tools if they break.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys who buy snapon welders think they are getting top quality. Most of them are made by Century. And they charge twice as much as a Miller/Hobart/Lincoln.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tennerv8
Guys who buy snapon welders think they are getting top quality. Most of them are made by Century. And they charge twice as much as a Miller/Hobart/Lincoln.
Guys who buy Snap on welders have no idea what they're looking for.
I'm die hard snap on FOR SOME TOOLS. Other stuff, I'd never buy from them. Diagnostic equipment, welders, etc. Lifts, big equipment, etc.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

our snapon guy is a toolbag also... stange how a lot of people say that... i buy everything... craftsman/snap on (blue point)/mac.... whatever...
Old 12-13-2008, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
our snapon guy is a toolbag also... stange how a lot of people say that... i buy everything... craftsman/snap on (blue point)/mac.... whatever...
My snap on guy is as bad as a car salesman now, tell him you need a socket and he wants to sell you a $200 ratchet to go with it.
Old 12-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

craftsman is only good for the weekend car hobbyist pros need pro tools like snap-on,ect
good thing about cradtsman is u break something and go to the store and get it replaced right there no waiting
Old 12-16-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Research deeply and you will find that most big name tool companies are made in the same facility as stanley,craftsman,husky ect.

Quick Reply: Snap-On Fanatics!