Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This new search thing is shitty!!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

anyone have any ls sites where the search actually still works? this s**t is pissen me off.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PlanetLSx.com or ls1lt1.com also theturboforums for decent turbo info.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't even know HOW to search anymore, makes me frustrated since now I feel as though I do not have access to all the useful info that is on here. We will notice a LOT of people asking redundant questions now and a lot of repeat threads I bet too.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Launching!

yeah I pull my hair out trying to use the ls1tech search engine.. Blows. Wish it was like the ls1gto.com search engine. that one works great
Old 04-04-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No WORKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

yep...search sucks...needs work ASAFP!
Old 04-05-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think they are doing this on purpose so that people can start new threads.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:29 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yep, search still sucks!!!
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Old 04-05-2009, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What happened to the good old days when someone would ask a simple question and we could use this:

Not only have we rendered this icon useless but it sucks to try to find any info and leads to worthless threads.

You know its bad when I can type in the exact wording in a thread and its not even on the first page of teh results.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

At least the "my recent topics" is still working. That I couldn't do without.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As crappy as the search is you still have people telling people to use the search feature.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just learn to use it...
Old 04-05-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ how ? go threw 1000 pages to find a relevant topic ?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

yeah wtf....you can't organize by post date, relevance, or anything...it's completly arbitrary, it might as well say "random thread list" instead of search.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by elias_799
i think they are doing this on purpose so that people can start new threads.
So who benefits from that?
Old 04-05-2009, 11:47 PM
Teching In

I've just been searching for posts relating to my topic instead of threads. It may not be as efficient as the old system, but it better than searching for threads and just have the most recent threads pop up instead of what I'm looking for. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yea this search sucks compared to the old one. I cant even use this site any more because the search won't find topics with both words, and instead includes words written in people's sigs???? The search should always be "X AND X", why else would you have typed two words. And ones with those words in the title should be first. I cant believe you all managed to ruin something as simple as a search. Even google finds things in this site better than the site search
Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm.

I just searched for "engine bay", "ZR1 wheels", and "white camaros" using quotes and setting it to sort by relevancy on the Advanced Search page and got good results, but not great results. If you don't use quotes AND sort by relevancy, though, you might as well forget about it. Search doesn't work without doing both, that I can tell.

"White Camaros": https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7315593
"ZR1 wheels": https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7315596
"Engine bay": https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7315599

HOWEVER. For the "engine bay" search, for example, it left out the biggest engine bay thread on LS1 Tech, a thread that's still going strong. Has 'engine bay' mentioned in the title and more times in the thread than I can count. Has 443 posts and 63,039 views. That's a mega thread.

Where was it the results? Not on the first page. Not on the second page. Not on the third page. Not on the fourth page. Not on the fifth page. Well, what the ****, then?

Are results missing from my 'white camaro' and 'ZR1 wheels' searches? I don't know, but for my 'engine bay' search sure was. Don't know that the old search would have done better.

Don't know that this current search does so bad that people should be whining about it either, if you don't consider having to use quotes and sort by relevancy. LS1Tech is massive to the point that normal search engines -- like the ones from much, much smaller sites people are saying work fine -- aren't good enough. Why? LS1 Tech is bloated; blame newbs for asking redundant questions ("which oil is best?"), the people who respond to them like zombies ("I think this oil is best!"), AND people who respond with "do a search" without linking to another thread that discusses the issue. The latter of which almost ruined the search eingine when it did work. Two years ago, if you did a search for "Fikse wheels" you would get a first page full of people asking to see pics, but with no pics, just morons saying "Do a search" who didn't realize they were doing way more harm than good.

ANYWAY, why the **** am I the one saying this and not IB?!?! Adrian, get your Prius driving *** in one of these threads. I hear you're a good guy, but you've let this **** go on too long. Adress this thread TODAY. Make a sticky. Do SOMETHING.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
IB

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Hmm.

I just searched for "engine bay", "ZR1 wheels", and "white camaros" using quotes and setting it to sort by relevancy on the Advanced Search page and got good results, but not great results. If you don't use quotes AND sort by relevancy, though, you might as well forget about it. Search doesn't work without doing both, that I can tell.

"White Camaros": https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7315593
"ZR1 wheels": https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7315596
"Engine bay": https://ls1tech.com/forums/search.php?searchid=7315599

HOWEVER. For the "engine bay" search, for example, it left out the biggest engine bay thread on LS1 Tech, a thread that's still going strong. Has 'engine bay' mentioned in the title and more times in the thread than I can count. Has 443 posts and 63,039 views. That's a mega thread.

Where was it the results? Not on the first page. Not on the second page. Not on the third page. Not on the fourth page. Not on the fifth page. Well, what the ****, then?

Are results missing from my 'white camaro' and 'ZR1 wheels' searches? I don't know, but for my 'engine bay' search sure was. Don't know that the old search would have done better.

Don't know that this current search does so bad that people should be whining about it either, if you don't consider having to use quotes and sort by relevancy. LS1Tech is massive to the point that normal search engines -- like the ones from much, much smaller sites people are saying work fine -- aren't good enough. Why? LS1 Tech is bloated; blame newbs for asking redundant questions ("which oil is best?"), the people who respond to them like zombies ("I think this oil is best!"), AND people who respond with "do a search" without linking to another thread that discusses the issue. The latter of which almost ruined the search eingine when it did work. Two years ago, if you did a search for "Fikse wheels" you would get a first page full of people asking to see pics, but with no pics, just morons saying "Do a search" who didn't realize they were doing way more harm than good.

ANYWAY, why the **** am I the one saying this and not IB?!?! Adrian, get your Prius driving *** in one of these threads. I hear you're a good guy, but you've let this **** go on too long. Adress this thread TODAY. Make a sticky. Do SOMETHING.
Forgive me, I have tried my best to respond to these threads to recomend that people utilize relevancy.
I have made an item in the FAQ, and a little note at the top of the page that appears each time you log in to advize people how best to search.
I hope that helps.

(BTW - I don't drive a Prius. I have a 1200cc unicycle )

Quick Reply: search does not work!