User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Updated Classifieds!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mind the change toooo much. I don't like it as much as the old way, but here are some problems I have with it.

1) My page down and page up keys don't work anymore. Only the scrolling function on my touchpad works for me now.
2) A lot of the adds that have the kind of car I'm searching for, they are not shown when I use the search filters. I don't know what that is, but it is.
3) The search filters take up WAY too much of the page space. There is no sense in them occupying so much space. They should just take up the top half of the page, instead of going all the way down the page, on the left side.
4) I don't see all of the cars I should be seeing.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Like others have stated I used to keep the LT1 parts for sale in my favorites and would browse it a few times a day to see what was new. Now I go there and I have to search for a specific part, when all I really want to do is see what's new for sale that fits my car whether it's suspension, motor or whatever. Now it's just confusing and I won't be using it anymore.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Doesn't IB own the Corvette Forum? They still have separate for sale sections for C3, C4, C5, ect.. What's the problem, give us back the old parts for sale section. I find it troubling that IB Adrian or another member of the board management has not posted a response for some time. I think it's clear that the board members don't like the new format. How 'bout' a response?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^x2
Old 01-17-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree, I've basicall just given up on even using the classifieds on this site anymore. It was awesome before and now it just plain sucks
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1badbird
I agree, I've basicall just given up on even using the classifieds on this site anymore. It was awesome before and now it just plain sucks
x2 i want my cars split by lsx based and non lsx based again

Last edited by kevin99hoss; 01-17-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adrian, could we possible have some sort of response.. Or someone that knows whats going on. Even if it is "We are not changing it one bit", at least we know what is going on.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not like the new one either, it is just not as good as the old style and should be changed back so that it is more convieniant to check because I think the most of us are not looking for a certian part but check mutiple times daily to maybe find a deal or somthing that we are wanting but not wanting to choke up new price for.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

^^ I agree. If we want to look for a certain part the search function worked just fine. If you must have eBay ads then just make another section for it. Personally I think it could potentally hurt sponsor sales if eBay is an option. Then again I guess we will finally be able to freely talk about eBay headers. I do all of my searching and posting from my iPhone and the new way is too jumbled and scrunched. I've tried going through i just get more and more frustrated. Please go back to the old way or overhaul the new way so that all of the problems are fixed. In which I guess that would mean putting it back the old way.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by andrew ws6
i think the most of us are not looking for a certain part but check multiple times daily to maybe find a deal
+1...:d
Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Resident

SUCKS *****, to much like flea bay!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1CAMWNDR
Doesn't seem to work. There are a set of 1 7/8" TSP headers for sale on page 4 but the search will not find the post. There might need to be a default setting to all states and all sections. I tried Florida, exhaust, and race parts and it didn't work.
i agree i tried to find a part and it was not a help at total waste of time actually

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Don't like it. Too cluttered with everything else. I liked the old way better. And is just me, or does it take extremely long for it to search?
+1 no its not just you

I'm assuming they implemented this feature because people are too dumb, and don't know how to post pictures or prices?
Either way, prefer the old way.

totally agree with this assumption and opinion!

Like stated before, need to create categories for LS/LT etc...
thought it was like this with the old way

Originally Posted by Reaper SS
Dont like it if its not listed correctly you cant find it. Now a lot of sales might get overlooked.
+1 an extremely great prime example of how this is not a good idea!

Originally Posted by Hardtop
Don't like it, put it back the way it was.
Exactly Hardtop summed it up

Originally Posted by fergymoto
Another vote for back the way it was. I don't like it at all.
+1 I dont like it all and i dont like one thing about it

Originally Posted by 11SECSS
The old way just seemed simpler or I was just used to it.
Was thinkin the same thing but either way it needs to go away

Originally Posted by Tom565
Most of the time I am just looking in this section for random stuff I can pick up for a good price. For me the search function serves no purpose because I am not looking for a particular item.
Once again an extremely great reason it is no good for this forum

Originally Posted by fergymoto
^Same here. A lot of people do that. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Especially when it's the LS1Tech classifieds!
+1 here also and this is the main reason "if it aint broke dont fix it"
So lets plz put it back to how it was.
btw i finally learned how to multi qoute so went a lil qoute happy my bad
Old 01-18-2010, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

well honest truth I'm never gonna use the LS1tech forsale forum ever agin unless its changed back cause for every 1 LT1 thread I find I have to read through an entire page of LSx stuff and even if it were to be seperated its just a big pain in the ***
I hope the traffic picks up on the other sites I vist

what even made you guys change the for sale section?

Last edited by camaroz28383; 01-18-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:15 AM
On The Tree

I think it’s extremely rude and inconsiderate of the mods to completely ignore this thread and not give us an update on what they think. It’s been three days since I have been the classifieds and I don’t plan on going back until something is changed.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom565
It’s been three days since I have been the classifieds and I don’t plan on going back until something is changed.
x2... Ive glanced at the first page and then closed it. Im getting irritated as I usually check it so often and gotten myself into a routine doing so.

My guess is they fucked it all up and cant change it back....unless they go off a backup file from before it was done, but then they will lose everything posted after. ????

AND THIS WHOLE SITE IS STILL SLOW AS HELL!! It takes over 20 seconds sometimes for a page to load or to reply.
Add some more worthless **** to the site....see if you can slow it down more.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Regular

I like the new lay out.... the only issue is everything is all mixed up. If they could just separate LSX from LTX/Other stuff, it would be much better. Separating the vehicles would probably be best too. We will have to see how the Admin responds. I know I can't find **** though.... it's pissing me off. LOL
Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think everyone should chill out and give them sometime to make some changes. The layout is busy and jumbled but they've acknowledged that

IB said this on the first page of this thread on Thursday:

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
I will create links that will allow you to browse just LSX items, and non-LSX items
They've only had a couple days to act on our suggestions unless you think they should work on the weekends. And I agree that parts AND Vehicles should be divided into LSX and non LSX. I'm sure these suggestions aren't falling on deaf ears.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

change it back!!
some people make there livin on for sale classifieds...>>> not any more ,at least on this website.. i def visit this website less now.. im pretty sure the veiws have gone done,,which isnt good for business>>
less veiws ls1tech gets less money they make,,so they should change it back,or just loose money,,that simple..
Old 01-18-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

NO IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! Exactly^ chevellepowered said perfectly and proved another major reason why it is no good. I dont even wanna use the classifieds section anymore. change it back till the mods can figure something else out, or a better method bc its OBVIOUS majority of the members do not like the change!!!!!!!!!!!!! or is it now that they've changed it they dont even know how to change it back is what im wonderin...
Old 01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Launching!

oh this sucks IMO this was the best place online for finding parts for our cars and now it sucks. I used to go there just looking what people are selling just for fun and maybe find something I want, but now its just a mess and like someone else said, headache. PLZ change it back!

Quick Reply: Updated Classifieds!