User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions
View Poll Results: Should they change the parts classifieds back to the old format??
Change back to the old format period.
90.40%
Leave new format but separate the LSX stuff from others.
7.73%
The new format is awesome! Leave it alone.
1.87%
Voters: 375. You may not vote on this poll

Change back the parts classifieds?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would really like to hear something back instead of pretty much being in the dark.

I am on here EVERY DAY and I haven't browsed the classifieds since the change.

Please, change it back.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I dont get it....90% of the potential customers that would use that section dont like it....This will translate in less traffic in that area so less transactions...and still, no official opinion about this? Thats great! Guess they will not care until the thing becomes a full fledged reality...when the numbers hit them, then maybe something will be done. I used to check it out occasionally but since this started I just dont stand to browse through it for long. A lot of folks MUST be feeling the same.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please for the love of God go back to the old formatt.. I want to put up a want add, NON-LSx related having a hard time so I gave up

this really sux
Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please change it back..this new way of attempting to find parts, cars, anything really really ******* blows.....
Old 01-28-2010, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They claim that it can't be changed back. In other words, we need to find another site like so many others have. I agree, the new classifieds are a jumbled mess.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:37 AM
TECH Resident

I will buy my parts elsewhere until it's fixed. It's too much of a hassle to find what I need here now
Old 01-28-2010, 07:12 AM
Teching In

Easy, someone buy LSXswapmeet.com and open a classifieds.

I complained directly to Internet Brands about how the clear majority on this board was being ignored.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rons 00z
you're onto something here. because, if we dont like it we can start a no name web site to compete with a corporation that already has a name and endless sponsors . before you decide to say that tony and PSJ did the same thing remember the ls1 community was still small and didnt have to compete with a site comparable to this one.
What does this mean? i never said anything to that affect that Tony a PSJ did that. i like this website but i cant exactly cut a check for it. let alone just to change back the classifieds. They,ll get there **** together sometime.

we just have to be paient.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Old way, change back!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
What does this mean? i never said anything to that affect that Tony a PSJ did that. i like this website but i cant exactly cut a check for it. let alone just to change back the classifieds. They,ll get there **** together sometime.

we just have to be paient.
my point is your comment of if you dont like it buy the site and change it yourself is unreasonable for any average joe. i know you didnt say that word for word but your faith in thinking things will work for the best no matter what is illogical.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

can't they just undo what was done? or does it cost extra? i LOVE this site..and have been a member for years...and i will continue to be a member i just would really appreciate it if the classifieds were changed back asap!!! and if i can find out how much this site is worth i will post.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Adrian has been replying in the poll thread, you guys aren't being ignored. Put the pitchforks away.

i like this website but i cant exactly cut a check for it.
and if i can find out how much this site is worth i will post.
No website ever has a listed pricetag or value. It just depends on what someone is willing to pay for it, and what the owner is willing to sell it for. That figure could change monthly, even daily. I couldn't even afford what this site is worth today
Old 01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

my point is your comment of if you dont like it buy the site and change it yourself is unreasonable for any average joe. i know you didnt say that word for word but your faith in thinking things will work for the best no matter what is illogical.
Thats wasnt my comment. i just chimmed in to who made that comment originally. So practice your reading comprehension pal. I didnt say i wanted to change, or buy it for that matter, i have faith they'll fix it the way we want it to be eventually.

As for buying the site i know damn well no one on here has the cash to up and buy it and wouldnt anyway. Get real (especially if PSJ cant, haha). As for being illogical to think they will correct it, thats your opinion. Im sure they will. I'll let you think what you want, but stop busting my ***** about my opinion.

Last edited by NAVY99B4C; 01-28-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

more like a lost hope, champ.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

To each there own.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

So far 336 people think it should go back. Is this not any kind of persuasion?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:23 AM
TECH Veteran

No.

IB has decided to see how the new system works out and to tweak what doesn't, which is the only sensible way to proceed for a number of reasons.

IB Adrian is regularly making changes and informing users about them. That's one of the reasons Adrian made the thread in this section: to call for constructive criticism and suggestions so that the classifieds can grow and improve. And, slowly, that's what's happening.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharpe
No.

IB has decided to see how the new system works out and to tweak what doesn't, which is the only sensible way to proceed for a number of reasons.

IB Adrian is regularly making changes and informing users about them. That's one of the reasons Adrian made the thread in this section: to call for constructive criticism and suggestions so that the classifieds can grow and improve. And, slowly, that's what's happening.
I call BS on that!
Before they changed it, the first two pages would be full of posts from "Today." Look at it now, only half of the first page is from today.

I vote change it back!! The new format is definetly making this site lose insterest from many people.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

well not only this thread but how many in the for sale section that were locked showing peoples discomfort with the change. i think if you guys were just up front and told everyone to **** off we could just go on our way but instead you guys insist on the torture of people complaining about something that a few of us know you guys wont change back.

even better which i'm sure you'll ignore this question. but what will it take to change it back or modify it to something like yellowbullets classifieds?
Old 01-29-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
I call BS on that!
Then, you haven't been paying attention to Adrian's thread or the changes in the classifieds.

well not only this thread but how many in the for sale section that were locked showing peoples discomfort with the change.
Threads in the wrong section will be locked or moved no matter what they are about.

We have two current, active threads about this in this section. That's enough. One too many, actually.

i think if you guys were just up front and told everyone to **** off we could just go on our way but instead you guys insist on the torture of people complaining about something that a few of us know you guys wont change back.
Well, I'm not going to tell you to F-off, but I don't know how we could be any more clear.

even better which i'm sure you'll ignore this question. but what will it take to change it back or modify it to something like yellowbullets classifieds?
Well, thanks for the bad attitude, but I'm sure you can ask IB Adrian that question in his thread in this same section. Of course, when you ask I'm sure you'll keep in mind that he is a.) very busy, and b.) not going to change the forums back.

This thread has run its course. As stated, there is already an active thread on this topic, started well before this one, about the same thing.

Again, if you want to offer constructive criticisms or suggestions about how to better the classifieds section, please post them here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-supp...ifieds-13.html

Quick Reply: Change back the parts classifieds?