User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

uploading pic problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 08:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default uploading pic problem

Trying to upload pics and video and will not let me. After I click to upload it comes back says security token missing. What to do to fix this? I'm not the best with computer stuff.

Last edited by jjcamaro02; 09-26-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:24 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Where are you trying to upload pics and videos too? Attachments, which is the ability to upload content to be attached to a message, does not allow videos.

The error message can mean different things and there is a few different areas of the site where you can upload content, so need to know where you're trying to upload your content. Using the Attachment manager for posts? In the Photo Gallery/Album manager?
Old 09-27-2010, 12:12 PM
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another reason could simply be that your images are too large. Try shrinking them a bit, and see if that solves it.

cheers,
robb
Old 09-27-2010, 05:26 PM

I agree with Robb. While that error does have a few different causes, Robb's suggestion of the uploaded file size being larger than allowed is the most common reason (atleast in my experience) why members can see that error message. If it were a template issue, that could also cause the error but there doesn't appear to be similar reports to suggest such.

As I'm not sure where you're attempting to upload your content to, I can only advise that the Attachment Manager makes notes as to the file size/type allowed, and the Gallery notes the max file size per image as well.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:33 PM
Teching In

use PHOTOBUCKET... Its great!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the help, was trying to upload pics and video to manage attachments from computer
Old 09-27-2010, 09:05 PM

LS1Tech does not accept videos for attachments in both file type and file size. You would probably be better using something like YouTube to host a video and link within a post.

Currently, max file size, per file, for a picture (generally jpg) is 488.3 KB which is less than half a 1MB. With today's cameras and their megapixels, you'd likely need to use photo editing software to crop and/or reduce the images after taken from a camera in order to upload them as attachments.

Originally Posted by jjcamaro02
Thanks for the help, was trying to upload pics and video to manage attachments from computer
Old 10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Teching In

How do you post pictures?
Old 10-12-2010, 03:19 PM

If you mean posting pictures inside a post, here's some brief instructions I have previously posted:

If you wish to attach an image in a post by uploading to the LS1Tech vBulletin database*:
  • When you create a thread or are posting a reply to an existing thread, simply click on the Manage Attachments button that is located under the text box where you normally type your message. See Figure 1 below:

• Once you've clicked on the Manage Attachments button, you will see a new Manage Attachments window. Click on the Browse button to locate the file on your computer. When you have found it, click on the OK.
  • Click on the Upload button

• Once you've uploaded your image, you should see the file listed under the "Current Attachments" heading. You can then close that 2nd browser window. The file names should appear under the "Attach Files" section. When you're finished with your message, click on the "Submit Reply" button. The image will be uploaded to the LS1Tech vBulletin database, along with your regular message. See figure below:

If you already have your image hosted online:
  • Copy the URL of your image that you wish to post. Simply locate your image online, and then right-click on the image and select the "Properties" option, if using Internet Explorer. The URL is listed under the "Address (URL)" section. Highlight the address shown, then right-click and select "copy". The URL will now be copied to your Window's clipboard for later use.
  • When you create a thread or are posting a reply to an existing thread, click on the image icon (see Figure below), which is located just above where you normally type your reply message. When the prompt appears, delete the existing text http:// in the field, then right-click and and select the "Paste" option. The URL to your image should now be in that field.

Note: Make sure to only have 1 http:// in your URL.

• Click on the "OK" button.

You'll see the image's URL is then placed inside the [IMG][/IMG]tags.

Originally Posted by MB Hawk
How do you post pictures?
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM

ive tried uploading pics twice now,,its not working,,when i click the manage attachments button i get a different screen than the one shown,i go throught it,,says its uploading,then it says done,but the pics arent going into my message. The upload screen i'm getting has 5 browse slots,not just one
Old 10-16-2010, 05:16 PM

The screen capture I supplied is old, so even though there are a few minor differences, the process is still the same. Yes, there is 5 upload fields.

Are you seeing any errors? Are you still seeing the security token error? If so, the files are too large and you need to reduce them to comply with the specs listed in the attachment manager, which are:

bmp 341.8 KB
doc 100.0 KB
efi 634.8 KB
gif 488.3 KB
hpl 683.6 KB
hpt 1.24 MB
jpe 488.3 KB
jpeg 488.3 KB
jpg 488.3 KB
pdf 341.8 KB
png 488.3 KB
psd 341.8 KB
tun 1.24 MB
txt 100.0 KB
zip 100.0 KB

If the attachments were successfully loaded, they should appear in the manager under the Current Attachments.

I checked the database and it does show that you have not uploaded anything. So either you're getting some sort of error message, or there is something likely wrong with your browser. What browser are you using?

BTW, I attached an image to this message without issue.

Originally Posted by bga02bird
ive tried uploading pics twice now,,its not working,,when i click the manage attachments button i get a different screen than the one shown,i go throught it,,says its uploading,then it says done,but the pics arent going into my message. The upload screen i'm getting has 5 browse slots,not just one
Attached Thumbnails uploading pic problem-2007logo07sm.jpg  
Old 10-16-2010, 10:22 PM

i have mozilla ,not getting any error messages,when i click upload is connects to the site,,transfers and says its done,yet nothing is showing in my posts
i uploaded pics on the PY site and it worked fine there
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 PM

ok,just checked my pics,each one is over the 488 kb limit,,is there any way i can resize them to fit???
Old 10-16-2010, 11:17 PM

ok,,i figured it out,got them posted,,thnx
Old 10-16-2010, 11:43 PM

Just for future reference for anyone, there are two programs that I recommend that are free and will do photo editing:

http://www.gimp.org
(Has Windows version)

http://www.irfanview.com

The latter is a very lightweight software program that can do quite a bit of basic things (resizing, cropping, etc.) while the former is much more complex and has more features.

Originally Posted by bga02bird
ok,just checked my pics,each one is over the 488 kb limit,,is there any way i can resize them to fit???
Old 10-21-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I was going to start a new thread, but I found this.
I can upload pictures using the instructions below, my question is how do you get them to appear full size in the thread?

Usually I go back and edit it, open up the pic in a new window, copy the URL and add the picture. Is there an easier way?

Originally Posted by JeremyT
If you mean posting pictures inside a post, here's some brief instructions I have previously posted:

If you wish to attach an image in a post by uploading to the LS1Tech vBulletin database*:
  • When you create a thread or are posting a reply to an existing thread, simply click on the Manage Attachments button that is located under the text box where you normally type your message. See Figure 1 below:

• Once you've clicked on the Manage Attachments button, you will see a new Manage Attachments window. Click on the Browse button to locate the file on your computer. When you have found it, click on the OK.
  • Click on the Upload button

• Once you've uploaded your image, you should see the file listed under the "Current Attachments" heading. You can then close that 2nd browser window. The file names should appear under the "Attach Files" section. When you're finished with your message, click on the "Submit Reply" button. The image will be uploaded to the LS1Tech vBulletin database, along with your regular message. See figure below:

If you already have your image hosted online:
  • Copy the URL of your image that you wish to post. Simply locate your image online, and then right-click on the image and select the "Properties" option, if using Internet Explorer. The URL is listed under the "Address (URL)" section. Highlight the address shown, then right-click and select "copy". The URL will now be copied to your Window's clipboard for later use.
  • When you create a thread or are posting a reply to an existing thread, click on the image icon (see Figure below), which is located just above where you normally type your reply message. When the prompt appears, delete the existing text http:// in the field, then right-click and and select the "Paste" option. The URL to your image should now be in that field.

Note: Make sure to only have 1 http:// in your URL.

• Click on the "OK" button.

You'll see the image's URL is then placed inside the [IMG][/IMG]tags.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:17 PM

LS1Tech has it set so that the attachments in a post are displayed as a thumbnail.

However, with a few extra steps, you can display a normal sized attachment inside a post in addition to the standard thumbnail.

When you upload an image(s), and you then see the filenames of the uploaded image(s) as seen in this step:

You can right-click on those filenames to get the URL/Address. Copy the URL/Address and place it inside a set of [img][/img] tag. That way, the image will be displayed in the post a normal size, as well as a thumbnail attachment.

I've demonstrated, in this post, the above by uploading the LS1Tech banner as an attachment, and then also copy/paste the URL/Address of that uploaded attachment and placed it inside a set of [img][/img] tag.

Originally Posted by Jays_SSZ28
I was going to start a new thread, but I found this.
I can upload pictures using the instructions below, my question is how do you get them to appear full size in the thread?

Usually I go back and edit it, open up the pic in a new window, copy the URL and add the picture. Is there an easier way?
Attached Thumbnails uploading pic problem-2007logo07sm.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Well that was easy, Thanks.

Last edited by Jays_SSZ28; 01-30-2018 at 08:01 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Resident

[/IMG]

Testing the info.

Last edited by 71ANTICARB; 10-29-2010 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:58 PM

You had the following:

[IMG]http://[IMG]http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp147/71ANTICARB/Fuel%20tank/IMAG0120.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

There are two issues with your example. You had two sets of [img][/img] tags. You only need one set of [img][/img] tags per image. [img] goes at the start of the image link and [/img] goes at the end of the image link.

The second issue was you had two sets of http:// prefixes when you only suppose to have one.

So, the following would be the correction:
[IMG]http://i406.photobucket.com/albums/pp147/71ANTICARB/Fuel%20tank/IMAG0120.jpg[/IMG]

to display as:

Originally Posted by 71ANTICARB
[/IMG]

Testing the info.

Quick Reply: uploading pic problem