User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

0 post count ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:40 PM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 0 post count ????

Why is it lately that I've seen a few members with their post count reading 0, but if you go to their profile and click on show all their posts, its shows a bunch???
Old 09-28-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Because there's stickies people should read before clicking the "new thread" button
Old 09-28-2006, 01:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brains
Because there's stickies people should read before clicking the "new thread" button
Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STICKIES
Old 09-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vendetta
STICKIES
Just to clarify a bit...

****STICKIES!!!****

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-28-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Resident

Stickies... what is a sticky?

Also I have 63,355 private messages... whats up with that?

Old 09-28-2006, 06:32 PM
What's a Sticky?

Alright, thanks to all of you for being complete douche bags
Unfortunately I have a life, so I can't scan the whole entire website before asking a question. I did a search, nothing came up, and I had to go to work, so I just made a simple thread...

Pardon me for not reading the ******* User Support and Resources section You guys are like the tards that get pissed when a question is asked a second time on here, well its a public board, so deal with it This place has turned into such a joke. It used to be cool, now its just a bunch ******** saying these three phrases:

"Thats a repost"
"Do a search"
"make your sig 3 pixels smaller"

Old 09-28-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

feel free to hit the ****** X in the top right.

Its just annoying when there is a thread highlighted that is no more than 2 inches away from the new thread button you used to create this.

I applaud your effort for searching, but damn.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 97MysticZ
"Thats a repost"
"Do a search"
Ya know, searching yields more results and more answers than posting a new thread. Many simple topics have been discussed before, and reading those (again) will usually answer some questions. Not to mention you can read the other threads that users have made asking the same or similar questions, and be able to read all of their replies from other members. Its really helpful if you take the time to use it, instead of asking for everything handed to you. Granted its nice to be able to get the info quick and fast, but hell its usually faster to search for it than to wait for a reply.
Sig pic rules are set, no way around it. thats final.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Put yourself in the mods' shoes...if you were asked the same damn questions over and over and over and over again, you would get a little pissy too.

All they are saying when they post these:

"Thats a repost" - Someone already shared that info with the world...

"Do a search" - It has already been answered at least 100 times...

"make your sig 3 pixels smaller" - Rules are rules, what can you say?

Sorry that we are all ********, douche bags, and 'tards.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Anytime.

Unfortunately I have a life, so I can't scan the whole entire website before asking a question.
Well that's certainly understandable. Are you intelligent enough to look
DIRECTLY above your new post? Apparently not. That is what's unfortunate,
not having a life.

I did a search, nothing came up, and I had to go to work, so I just made a simple thread...
I did a search and a ton of posts came up, including the sticky that
describes what's going on in detail.

Pardon me for not reading the ******* User Support and Resources section
Sure thing. Consider yourself excused.

You guys are like the tards that get pissed when a question is asked a second time on here, well its a public board, so deal with it
Pssst...it's not a public board. It's a privately owned board.

This place has turned into such a joke.
Sorry you feel that way. The beautiful thing about America is the
freedom of choice. You have the option of never coming back here.
God Bless America!

It used to be cool, now its just a bunch ******** saying these three phrases:

"Thats a repost"
"Do a search"
Those are true statements. Too bad we have to police some of you guys
like you're children. How many "which lid should I buy" threads do you
think we can tolerate?

Just say the word if you don't want to be a part of the best car enthusiast
website in the world.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Unfortunately I have a life, so I can't scan the whole entire website before asking a question. I did a search, nothing came up, and I had to go to work, so I just made a simple thread...

Pardon me for not reading the ******* User Support and Resources section You guys are like the tards that get pissed when a question is asked a second time on here, well its a public board, so deal with it This place has turned into such a joke. It used to be cool, now its just a bunch ******** saying these three phrases:

"Thats a repost"
"Do a search"

READ THE ******* STICKIES NEXT TIME
Old 09-28-2006, 11:58 PM
What's a Sticky?

Look, I'm not gonna keep arguing over something stupid I'm not gonna win anyways. My only point was this:
I'm trying to sell my car (obviously a big sale) in the for sale section. A guy PM'ed who had 0 posts, but I looked and he had posted in threads. I knew I saw it the other day too, but I thought maybe it was a spammer or something. Regardless, I had to go to work soon, so I did one search and nothing came up in the first two pages, so I just made a thread real quick. I was in a hurry, so I didn't read anything at all on the page, it was the first time I'd ever even been in this section of the website. I realize mods and other people get asked the same **** over and over, and I am one of those people that searches. However, like I said, I was in a hurry and just wanted an answer when I got home from work, but instead I just got 5 smartass comments. I dunno, maybe I am in the wrong...... I just don't think that everybody that makes a new thread about something already talked about should be treated like a dumbass- some people repost about **** all of the time, but if a guy does it once or twice it kinda sucks to get answers like I did.

Unit213 & Brandon Boomhauer: yes, that sticky is on the page that I posted on, but guess what- I came to the page, clicked "new thread" (at the top of the page, not really close to the bottom of the stickies) made a thread and left.... Plus, it didn't cross my mind that a simple little question like that would be made into a sticky. So why was that made into a sticky, but useful things and things that people repost about ALL THE TIME aren't made into stickies??????? Maybe because some people are too busy bitching and leaving smartass comments and not doing their job? Naww, not here.....
Old 09-29-2006, 12:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this thread is amusing....it would be best if you just didnt post anymore in this thread bc 3 pissed off mods arent gonna really wanna give you an answer now...there are others out there besides mods who might be able to give you answers....and brains...i think it would be a great idea to switch the search button....imagine how more efficient everything would run....with the search button getting over 300,000 hits a day even if someone didnt have to search....anyways...good luck mystic....but dont try to fight, judge judy, drill sarg. hartman, and steve austin next time.....
Old 09-29-2006, 12:13 AM
What's a Sticky?

Originally Posted by staringback05
this thread is amusing....it would be best if you just didnt post anymore in this thread bc 3 pissed off mods arent gonna really wanna give you an answer now...there are others out there besides mods who might be able to give you answers....and brains...i think it would be a great idea to switch the search button....imagine how more efficient everything would run....with the search button getting over 300,000 hits a day even if someone didnt have to search....anyways...good luck mystic....but dont try to fight, judge judy, drill sarg. hartman, and steve austin next time.....
I'm not looking for answers, I just thought 5 smartass replies was 4 too many Don't tell me you wouldn't have said anything if it was you. I didn't even scroll down the page far enough to see past the second sticky...
*leaving because its what is "best"
Old 09-29-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO!!! this is actually the most amusing thread ive read in well over 2 weeks!!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Look, I'm not gonna keep arguing over something stupid I'm not gonna win anyways. My only point was this:
I'm trying to sell my car (obviously a big sale) in the for sale section. A guy PM'ed who had 0 posts, but I looked and he had posted in threads. I knew I saw it the other day too, but I thought maybe it was a spammer or something. Regardless, I had to go to work soon, so I did one search and nothing came up in the first two pages, so I just made a thread real quick. I was in a hurry, so I didn't read anything at all on the page, it was the first time I'd ever even been in this section of the website.
It would have been quicker to click the sticky (https://ls1tech.com/forums/removed-locked-thread-graveyard/208057-posts-do-not-count-some-forums.html aptly titled "Posts Don't Count In Some Forums") and read the information there than start a new thread. So I have no idea what you're babbling about here.

I realize mods and other people get asked the same **** over and over, and I am one of those people that searches. However, like I said, I was in a hurry and just wanted an answer when I got home from work, but instead I just got 5 smartass comments. I dunno, maybe I am in the wrong...... I just don't think that everybody that makes a new thread about something already talked about should be treated like a dumbass- some people repost about **** all of the time, but if a guy does it once or twice it kinda sucks to get answers like I did.
It hasn't only been asked 1,000 times, it's right there in the sticky. Nobody's telling you to search, we're telling you to read the damn sticky. It's title alone is enough to answer this worthless thread.

Unit213 & Brandon Boomhauer: yes, that sticky is on the page that I posted on, but guess what- I came to the page, clicked "new thread" (at the top of the page, not really close to the bottom of the stickies) made a thread and left.... Plus, it didn't cross my mind that a simple little question like that would be made into a sticky. So why was that made into a sticky, but useful things and things that people repost about ALL THE TIME aren't made into stickies??????? Maybe because some people are too busy bitching and leaving smartass comments and not doing their job? Naww, not here.....
Are you serious? It was made into a sticky because people asked about it a million times. Is it that hard to understand?

We're being smart asses because people always ask the same damned questions all the time. When the answer is riddled all over the first page of the forum plus it has it's own sticky at the top, you'd think the majority fo the userbase would be intelligent enough to either

a) read the stickies when they sign up, to avoid mistakes

or

b) check the stickies when they have a problem to see if it's answered in there.

I'm an active member of a number of web forums on the internet (www.theganggreen.com, www.sherdog.com). I've had some problems with some, and I always resort to the stickies and a search before I post a new thread. If I don't, I expect an ***-reaming for being a dumbass.

Simple as that.
Old 09-29-2006, 01:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

see i can understand why they get pissed now...^^^^ id never right that much to explain something, even if chuck norris threatened me.... :p chuck norris
Old 09-29-2006, 01:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

ooooo and we could make this a sticky as an example
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

give the boy some credit he managed to "search" through all the smileys to find a way to flip yall off. Now all he has to do is apply that process in other places, heres a good place to start:

stickies

Quick Reply: 0 post count ????