User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Can't resolve LS1Tech or SSU domains from Mexico?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can't resolve LS1Tech or SSU domains from Mexico?

Hey guys, I'm on a business trip in Monclova, Mexico. A few nights ago I tried to read a new PM that I received, and to my surprise the LS1Tech domain doesn't resolve from Mexico. Neither does SSU.

When I use my company's VPN connection I can get through, but that's it. I can see the site without the VPN if I directly enter the IP address (67.15.111.195). However, I can't log in.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

The ISP you are using, may not be resolving the URL through their DNS services. Hence why you can see it when you enter the IP address - you don't use DNS then.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've heard other reports of the same issue, but I can't seem to see any problem on this side -- every other country seems to have no problems, it's JUST Mexico as far as I'm aware.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey, maybe THAT's why all the Mexicans wanna immigrate to the US, so they can view LS1Tech????

Old 06-23-2007, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

splitz: yeah....
Old 06-26-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brains
I've heard other reports of the same issue, but I can't seem to see any problem on this side -- every other country seems to have no problems, it's JUST Mexico as far as I'm aware.
Not true - I just got back from a business trip in Brazil, and I couldn't see the site anywhere! It wouldn't load from the hotel wi-fi, the internet access at the work site, or the wi-fi at the first class lounge at the RIO airport. It was the only site that I had trouble viewing down there. I can't think of any reason why the problem would be on my end, but I am open to suggestions. I had my laptop the whole time, but also had no luck when logging on to computers on thier end. I am working on a nuclear power plant down there, and I may have to go back down for a few weeks this winter. It would suck to have to go without LS1Tech for an extended period.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico?

Originally Posted by trax
Hey guys, I'm on a business trip in Monclova, Mexico. A few nights ago I tried to read a new PM that I received, and to my surprise the LS1Tech domain doesn't resolve from Mexico. Neither does SSU.

When I use my company's VPN connection I can get through, but that's it. I can see the site without the VPN if I directly enter the IP address (67.15.111.195). However, I can't log in.

Anyone else ever had this problem?

Thanks
Is it in Coahuila? I've been there, that city has a nice 1/4 mile race track, its almost brand new, I believe it has been around for about 3 years or so. Its like a 4 hour trip from the border line. I am curious about what business trip you had to make? j/k
Old 06-26-2007, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've heard one other report where folks in Brazil could SEE a certain website (trading information site) but they couldn't actually log in. If they switched to https:// rather than http:// it worked fine though. It was eventually tracked down to proxy servers in the Brazilian ISP somewhere.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Can you add in a DNS server that's located in the US to your entry list? (under Advanced TCP/IP settings in Windows)

For example, one SBC server (off the top of my head) is 151.164.1.8

Quick Reply: Can't resolve LS1Tech or SSU domains from Mexico?