User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Google Ads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's nice to see things getting back to normal. The change was a bad move and not very fair to the forum sponsors. Thank you, to whoever is responsible for changing it back!
Old 01-11-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you so much for making the site work like normal again.

I personally do not mind the presence of ads on the site...I was just really frustrated with the back and forward buttons not working because of the ads messing up the refresh or something.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XtinctZ28
SSU was created when the lounge here was closed. It became the off topic hangout for many 'Tech members for a period of time, then the worthless lounge was re-opened (I believe at the request of IB) and after the buyout the SSU site stayed up just with different owners. So we are not talking about some random non-automotive site, we are talking about a site with virtually the same user base as this site operating under ownership of people that for years did nothing but eat, sleep, and breath LS1Tech so that people like yourself would have a place to hang out.

I would agree with you except for the fact that you get in trouble over there for having car stuff in your sig. SSU has NOTHING to do with LS1Tech anymore aside from shared user names and mods left over from the split. SSU has nothing to do with car guys. Or at least, if it does, we aren't allowed to show it.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
I would agree with you except for the fact that you get in trouble over there for having car stuff in your sig. SSU has NOTHING to do with LS1Tech anymore aside from shared user names and mods left over from the split. SSU has nothing to do with car guys. Or at least, if it does, we aren't allowed to show it.
Nobody "got in trouble" for having car stuff in their signature. We were advising people to create more elaborate signatures to try and create an atmosphere that was focused on more than just cars.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:26 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,687 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
To be fair, SSU does have a Garage section, which I'm a mod in. Sure, it doesn't have near the traffic of any section of LS1Tech, but it does give people an oppertunity to discuss cars on that site.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you know we all have other things in our lives that interest us other than just car's you know SSU really let's your other talents (or lack of talents) shine
Old 01-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by reject
you know we all have other things in our lives that interest us other than just car's you know SSU really let's your other talents (or lack of talents) shine
I have found out that I am REALLY bad at predicting NFL football.

I agree that SSU is a good place, and I'll stop derailing the thread.

Thanks to the people that made the site run so well again. The back button machine gun was hands down the most annoying. Glad the sponsors have their place back too.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

thanks for making it normal again!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh and I like it. If nothing else came out of this, I have found a couple other great sites to visit, namely SSU. I didnt know about it before, but apparently my info moved over there along with some really old PMs. I like. I dont plan on leaving here unless IB really screws up bad again.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well this thread has pretty much run its course so I'm going to lock it up.

Quick Reply: Google Ads?