User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

problem with a thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with a thread(horist pcm/tuning forum)

my post was removed because members ask how much to make one and i answered. i undertood after he told me that i could not sell them without being a sponser. i was not trying to make sales, just post a picture of what i built. i stated how much i had cost wise to make one. i have received an infraction for this and i feel it is unjust. i made a separate post with new pictures after the old post was deleted and stated in the new post that they are not for sale and i would tell people how to make their own. I stated clearly that i was not trying to sell them. This guy deleted the thread and gave me an infraction. what is the deal. I would just like to know for further referance.

it was hoist in the pcm/tuning section and he doesnt accept pms so i can not ask him a question or anything.

Last edited by cjg454ss; 08-13-2008 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mod high horse.. One threatened to ban a friend of mine for "back dooring" his powdercoat business when all someone asked was how to coat composite or plastic. So when he told them how this dude got on there and pitched a bitch about it when he wasn't even selling powdercoat service so go figure. He was just giving technical information. I'm sure this one will be deleted also.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Banned

yeah horist, who cannot receive pms, deleted it. big men behind the keyboard i guess.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:25 PM
11 Second Club

lol are you both asking to be banned? You can't bash the mods, and expect to get away with it.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they can bash us all they want, we have thick skins I promise.

Ntimid8r--I may know who you are talking about and you have no idea what happened as your friend obviously gave you a slightly slanted side of the story if its the one dude i'm thinking of. I have helped MULTIPLE people via PM on here on how to powdercoat plastic intakes for their own use and I remember in a thread some guy posting the info in the thread and then accusing me of being a jerk because I told people to PM me for help if they needed it instead of puting some long writeup in a thread. He had 3 posts on the board, all of them in that thread, and his last one was some BS rambling that attacked me for no reason. If that was your friend then he's a frigging idiot and i told him so in a PM.

then again I may not be the moderator you are talking about at all, and that wasn't your friend that was the guy with 3 posts that joined just to give me crap apparently so i dunno.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys are bitching to deaf ears, especially if you think for a second that the higher ups are in the dark about ANYTHING that goes down around here. Time to deal with it.

BTW, there aren't any moderators names 'hoist' here.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Silverghost accepts PM's all the time. He has helped me numorous times with questions I've had. He's very prompt and gives more info than I asked for. :dunno:
Old 08-13-2008, 08:28 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by cjg454ss
i undertood after he told me that i could not sell them without being a sponser. i was not trying to make sales, just post a picture of what i built. i stated how much i had cost wise to make one. i have received an infraction for this and i feel it is unjust.
So before you didn't know you weren't allowed to sell them? That is why you received the infraction. Regardless...does the infraction really do anything to you? Answer: No. You can still post, you weren't banned, so nothing really bad happened. You were chided for appearing to sell PCMs, take your infraction and move on.

To Ntimid8r7: Let your friend defend himself if he feels he was wronged.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol... let's set the story straight:
first post, no problems till you start saying you can make someone one, PM me for details ... I edit and lock (after getting a post violation from a sponsor)

2nd Post you make about the post being locked ... and in that post you list prices... I get a post violation email again from a sponsor, so i again edit your post warning you .. no infraction here

third post you say "this is not for sale... but PM me for details" ... you could have just listed "you need these parts and here are the instructions" if you intended it to help others and you weren't going to try sellilng them....

Gotta love all the posts by people saying it's a mod on his high horse (especially when people don't know the mod ... i've only ever requested 1 ban in my 5 years as a mod ... and that was after warning a person 5 times for recreating the same thread bashing a sponsor that was uncalled for ... since the infract system has been in place I've only given out 3 infractions ... 1 for a person using inapproriate language towards another person (not even a mod), 1 for signature violation, and this one)

Mod's here do not get paid .. we volunteer our time for the board and one of our responsibilities is to protect sponsors who allow this site to exist for everyone .... i warned you twice and finally gave you an infraction which has NO IMPACT ON YOUR ABILITY TO POST , PM, ETC... unless you continue to break rules

I also liked the post about arguing w/a mod will result in a ban .... so naive lol ... ban's are not given out left and right here .... and they generally require approval/vote of many of the mods ... but in cases like this... this board won't go dealing bans

regarding having PM's turned off... members of the site left me no other choice ... I would receive dozens a day asking questions that were either in the stickies (but who reads stickies) or easily found via search .... my email is listed in my signature (that's on every post) ... but most people don't feel like working the extra 2 seconds to create an email... easier to just click.. PM, or click Email user

Unfortuanetly based on your previous posts... at this point even if you posted "I made this stand, here are pics" .... i'm sure the first person to say "sweet! how'd you make it?" would receive a PM "I can make you one for $100" .....

Last edited by horist; 08-13-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by horist
lol... let's set the story straight:
first post, no problems till you start saying you can make someone one, PM me for details ... I edit and lock (after getting a post violation from a sponsor)

2nd Post you make about the post being locked ... and in that post you list prices... I get a post violation email again from a sponsor, so i again edit your post warning you .. no infraction here

third post you say "this is not for sale... but PM me for details" ... you could have just listed "you need these parts and here are the instructions" if you intended it to help others and you weren't going to try sellilng them....

Gotta love all the posts by people saying it's a mod on his high horse (especially when people don't know the mod ... i've only ever requested 1 ban in my 5 years as a mod ... and that was after warning a person 5 times for recreating the same thread bashing a sponsor that was uncalled for ... since the infract system has been in place I've only given out 3 infractions ... 1 for a person using inapproriate language towards another person (not even a mod), 1 for signature violation, and this one)

Mod's here do not get paid .. we volunteer our time for the board and one of our responsibilities is to protect sponsors who allow this site to exist for everyone .... i warned you twice and finally gave you an infraction which has NO IMPACT ON YOUR ABILITY TO POST , PM, ETC... unless you continue to break rules

I also liked the post about arguing w/a mod will result in a ban .... so naive lol ... ban's are not given out left and right here .... and they generally require approval/vote of many of the mods ... but in cases like this... this board won't go dealing bans

regarding having PM's turned off... members of the site left me no other choice ... I would receive dozens a day asking questions that were either in the stickies (but who reads stickies) or easily found via search .... my email is listed in my signature (that's on every post) ... but most people don't feel like working the extra 2 seconds to create an email... easier to just click.. PM, or click Email user

Unfortuanetly based on your previous posts... at this point even if you posted "I made this stand, here are pics" .... i'm sure the first person to say "sweet! how'd you make it?" would receive a PM "I can make you one for $100" .....

again i posted what it would cost to build one. how much it cost ME to build one. it was an informative post. you have no proof i was going to sell them, and are going out on a wim that i might, your assuming that i will sell them and have no right. again, your on a "high horse" like the other member said. You have no proof of a sale, and are assuming because i informed a member on how much material it cost and they said "sweet nice job" thanks for nothing
Old 08-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by Ntimid8r7
Mod high horse...
...again, your on a "high horse" like the other member said...
I had a "short horse" once, that thing was ****** worthless...
Old 08-14-2008, 09:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

lol... if I were on a "high horse" I would give you an infraction for insulting me by saying I'm on a "mod high horse" .... (yes insulting others is a default choice for one of the infractions we can issue) ...

My advice... get over it... you are more than welcome to repost your pics and describe how you built it ... but this "PM me for details" isn't going to fly ... maybe you weren't intending to sell these, but when I get reports from sponsors twice I have to go off the "norm" ... and the "norm" when posts similar to yours are made (listing prices even if they are cost, and asking people to PM you for details instead of listing them for everyone) are a person intending to bypass forum rules for sales.

You're more than welcome to make a post w/your laptop mount and include instructions on how you made it... but if you tell people to PM you for details it will be removed and since you've been warned more infractions will be issued

Oh, and get over your "I signed up for this board, and therefore if the evil mods give me an infraction after I ignore multiple warnings I'm in the right high horse" ... the infraction means nothing unless you continue to break rules (and this infraction isn't even permanent! )
Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Banned

multiply warnings? 1 warning from you, you dont receive pms so i could ask questions. i reposted it informing on how much the material cost to build one. bang...infraction issued by you. If you would recieve pms i could of asked questions. those sponsers should stop being babies about a fabbed up mount. also a warning for a high horse comment? we are all men here, if that hurts your feeling, maybe a mustang forum is a better choice. Your only hurting the board
Old 08-14-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd let it go. Just my $0.02.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

just let it go.
sponsors make this site go round..
Old 08-17-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

multiply warnings? 1 warning from you, you dont receive pms so i could ask questions. i reposted it informing on how much the material cost to build one. bang...infraction issued by you. If you would recieve pms i could of asked questions. those sponsers should stop being babies about a fabbed up mount. also a warning for a high horse comment? we are all men here, if that hurts your feeling, maybe a mustang forum is a better choice. Your only hurting the board

Lovely grammar there, brain.

Aside from that, you have been told what will and will not fly, wash the sand out of your *#&%( and move out. Arguing here will only earn you a nice little rep for being a tool and will not make things any easier for you.

Quick Reply: problem with a thread