Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS/FT 1961 Cadillac Sedan Deville

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default FS/FT 1961 Cadillac Sedan Deville

I traded my mustang a while back for this car and love cruising around in it, but since we have had our daughter I see that I am not going to have as much free time as before and won't have time to restore this thing the way I wanted to, so we're putting it up for sale. It's a 1961 Cadillac Sedan Deville with just under 60k miles on it. It is all original except for an air bag suspension set up. It has the original drivetrain in it, a 360 cadillac engine. It cranks up and runs/drives with no problems. The car has factory a/c, but it does not work. We drove it to countless car shows and cruise in's last summer and had a blast. The car has some light rust in the usual spots behind weatherstripping and around the rear window. The worst of the rust is on the front edge of the hood, and one spot in the drivers side floor board just above the muffler. The seats and dash are in good shape, the headliner is missing and the carpet is shot. All the trim and molding is there and in good shape. There are a few small dents in the body, the worst being the left rear fin and left rear bumper. All said there is no major damage to the car and everything is there to rebuild the car or drive it like it sits. The only mechanical issues I know of is the brake booster is defective and the suspension creaks and pops some so I'm guessing there are some worn out bushings under there. The car stops, but takes a heavy pedal effort due to the lack of assist. This would be a great car to restore, resto mod, or flat black and rat rod. The car is a lot of fun and is definately an attention getter. We are asking $7500 obo, or are open to partial trades plus cash for other hot rods, mustangs, ls1 gm cars, atv's, trucks, jeeps, or off road trail rigs. Not looking to trade for any projects that need to be finished as that's the reason we're looking to get rid of this vehicle. We would also be open to a partial trade on a car trailer. Would possibly consider even trades depending on what you have. Thanks for looking and please feel free to email me with any questions or offers.

Thanks,

Darren
darrenstancil@yahoo.com

Old 01-08-2010, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

$6500
Old 01-08-2010, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about some detailed pictures of the problem areas? More info on the bag system (lines, valves, compressor), all power options work? And maybe a location?

I've kinda been looking for something like this....
Old 01-08-2010, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

Sorry about that, I thought my location was up top by my screen name. I am in Albemarle, NC. I'll get more pics up over the weekend.

Later,

Darren
Old 01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Here's some pics of some examples of the rust on the car and the dented fin and bumper. Most of the visible rust is light rust around the trime on the car, the worst being in the bottom corners of the rear window and the front edge of the hood in the pics. As far as the bags, I know nothing about the stuff but I would assume this was a budget kit that some one put together. It's got 6 switches, one for each corner and one for front and rear with gauges under the dash. The lines are 3/8 push lock lines. There are two tanks in the trunk, and the 3 pumps are hooked up in line if that helps any. All power windows and door locks work. All lights, wipers, ect work. The radio and a/c doesnt work. The heat works but the fan doesnt blow on all speeds.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Bump for a nice Cadillac. I have a 1962 Deville and a 1969 Deville. Amazing cars!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:24 PM
On The Tree

Thanks

Video added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXcsHDrOkYI
Old 01-19-2010, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Bump, $6000
Old 01-24-2010, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

We have dropped the price to $4900, no trades at this point. We have found something else we want to buy and need to free up the cash.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:32 AM
On The Tree

$4500
Old 02-03-2010, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

holy crap! i would take this in a heart beat if you were close to stl
Old 02-10-2010, 03:35 PM

Do you know what's wrong with the brake booster / AC? Also, does the car have power steering?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with it. If I went through the car it was all going to be updated with newer hardware so I saw no reason to troubleshoot equipment I wasn't planning on running. The car does have great power steering. If I had to guess on the booster I'd say a leaking diaphram. As far as the a/c, who knows there. Guess you'd have to start pressure checking everything and once any leaks were fixed see if the compressor would kick on after a charge, but since all those parts are original and 50yrs old I couldn't imagine you'd get very good service out of it withing updating nearly everything. Then again, it could just be a slow leak.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Bump, trades or offers?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

sale pending.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Teching In

PM Sent. Let me know.