Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1997 Trans Am M6 - blk on blk, bolt ons, new paint

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1997 Trans Am M6 - blk on blk, bolt ons, new paint

Year: 1997
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $6700
Mileage: 138000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

looking to unload my T/A to pick up something new. have a car in mind so want this gone soon, if it doesnt sell ill store it for the winter and keep it for next year.

The car is very clean, i've done a lot to it since i bought it. I got it at the begining of last year and it was pretty much bone stock, so all work was done by me including the new paint which is about 6 months old now. Here's a quick rundown...

97 Trans Am, 138k miles. original motor, trans and rear end.
Car was originally black, i resprayed it all the factory black but added Chrysler's Brilliant Black Crystal Pearlcoat to the hood scoop and the wheels are sprayed this color as well. The front and rear bumper have some spider cracking (i didnt use any filler before spraying it and they came right back, doh!) and one of the foglights is cracked.

Ebony leather, t-tops, fully loaded, great heat and awesome A/C.

Mods:
-Camaro SS airbox (sucks air from the cowl hood, pretty badass setup and works awesome!)
-Short shifter with Speed INC short stick
-Pacesetter off road long tubes with cutouts, custom H-pipe and Hooker aerochamber mufflers dumped before the rearend. It sounds tame cruising around so cops never look twice but open it up and its WICKED!
-Entire suspension is basically brand new. Has tubular LCA's, relocation brackets, adjustable Panhard and Torque Arm. BMR sway bar, Eibach drag springs with inflatable air bag in the right rear. KYB Gas-A-Just shocks up front and competition engineering adjustable drag shocks in the rear.
-Basic tune by FLP, no SES light, all emissions equipment is deleted

Has VHT'd corners front and rear and LS1 honeycomb tails with a polished filler panel (between the lights)

Has C6 Z06 deep dish wheels, 17x9 in the front and 18x10.5 in the rear. They are vette offset so i'm running 1.25" wheel adapters in the rear. Has Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s in the front and i have a spare set for the rear (275-40-18), but the car is currently sitting on Hoosier A6's, 315-30-18.

The car is in great shape inside and out with the exception of the side bolster wear on the drivers side seat, a crack in the rearview mirror, and the headliner was sagging so i recovered it but the inside corners of the liner began to stretch and seperate. These things havent bothered me enough yet to fix them. The car is a blast to drive, pretty comfortable and gets an INSANE amount of looks. Has new lifetime warrantied 5% tint on every window (including t-tops) with a 5% sunstrip on the windshield and the entire windshield is also tinted 50%.

It needs nothing, i've gone through the entire car, changed all fluids, inspected the clutch (has a ton of life left) and made sure it is good to go, i've been driving it back and fourth to school for the past year or so and it's never left me stranded except once when the VATS module went out on me, so i bypassed it and never looked back. Gets around 28 mpg on the highway. The limited slip could be rebuilt, it will only spin the right sometimes, although every fbody i've ever had with a stock 10 bolt has done this...haha.

You will be hard pressed to find another car in this nice of shape, i'm the 3rd owner and i bought it with 130k miles on it, the first owner drove it back and fourth to florida so that's where many of the miles came from. Any other questions just ask or PM me. I dont want opinions or BS in this thread, thank you. Price is $6700 cash, no trades unless you have a ***** fast fbody or fox body. Located in Palatine, Il.

Interior and engine pics to come...

Last edited by 69z-28; 09-13-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

It's pretty dirty and the interior needs a cleaning but you can see it's in pretty nice shape...

Old 09-15-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

bumppp
Old 09-16-2010, 08:07 PM
10 Second Moderator

Any interest in a black 98 Camaro SS M6, 90 percent drag car 10.30s at 135? I want a T/A thats not so much drag car as my Camaro. I have been asking $14,000 but nobody has any money nowadays. Maybe we can work a deal. My cell number is 989-763-0831 if you are interested, I'm in Michigan.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

bumpppp
Old 09-26-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Regular

ttmft
Old 09-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Teching In

I you r interested in mint condition 1995 z28 low miles and faster then an Ls1 call or text 330-717-7222 on my friends computer right now sry no pic. It is red no scratches with black rims and hocky sticks leather
Old 09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
TECH Regular

i saw the ad you posted, looking for something faster than what i have.

ttmft, anybody have anything fast?

Quick Reply: 1997 Trans Am M6 - blk on blk, bolt ons, new paint