Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 Firehawk Formula 6 Speed - Black on Black

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2001 Firehawk Formula 6 Speed - Black on Black

Year: 2001
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $9950
Mileage: 99000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): AL
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

2001 Firehawk M6

For Sale or Trade - 2001 Pontiac Firehawk LS1 / 6 Speed. Its a VERY RARE Formula Firehawk...only 39 total were built in 01. Of that 13 were black and only 10 were six speeds. This may very well be the only one with leather as the majority of Formulas are cloth.

The car is bone stock with 99,000 miles. It has black leather. The Firehawk SLP options on the car are chrome rims, Firehawk floor mats and custom car cover (I dont have the cover but it can easily be replaced...it was the only black Formula to come with a cover by the way.) The car has a SLP lid, factory Hurst shifter and of course the factory installed SLP exhaust. The tires are brand new and the AC is ice cold. Everything works on the car as it should. This car is a very nice car but since it has miles its one you wouldnt mind driving.

There are no known issues mechanically with the car it runs and drives perfectly.

I am asking $9950 CASH OBO for the car and would listen to trades but they must be worth at least $12500. No junk, no boats and no motorcycles. I would rather sell the car out right but as long as its something I can sell I would be interested. F-bodies, Corvettes and Jeeps are a huge plus. I can trade up and will trade down as well. You can email me at ramsst1997@hotmail.com or call me at 229-894-0165 (its a GA number but I live in north AL now.)

The car is located in Huntsville, AL but delivery is an option.

Video:

Last edited by 97ramsst; 10-28-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM sent
Old 10-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Launching!

Trade for car in sig? many details available that arent in sig. PM if interested.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

In the pics the paint looks amazing. Are there any major flaws or anything? Or how about rock chips?

Does it come with any of the documentation that some people get with their Firehawks?

*EDIT* How well does the transmission shift? Any issues with 2nd or 3rd gear engagement like so many have?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:28 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Hotroddin
Trade for car in sig? many details available that arent in sig. PM if interested.
No thanks...the car is way too modded for what I am looking for.

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
In the pics the paint looks amazing. Are there any major flaws or anything? Or how about rock chips?

Does it come with any of the documentation that some people get with their Firehawks?

*EDIT* How well does the transmission shift? Any issues with 2nd or 3rd gear engagement like so many have?
No major flaws at all. Its been driven and its almost 10 years old so there are so rock chips and that kind of stuff but its a very straight car. It does have the typical Firehawk hood issues of some "waves" but 95% of them have that. I wouldnt consider it an issue. I would rate the paint and body at least a 8.5 out of 10...and that VERY NICE DRIVER range.

It comes with the original window sticker and slp window sticker, key chain and production number info. It does have all the 3 SLP stickers in the door jams. The Firehawk portfoilio with birth certificate and all was option and most (including this one) didnt come with it.

The trans shifts perfect...no issues at all. Its never even had the CAGS elimanated.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
No thanks...the car is way too modded for what I am looking for.

No major flaws at all. Its been driven and its almost 10 years old so there are so rock chips and that kind of stuff but its a very straight car. It does have the typical Firehawk hood issues of some "waves" but 95% of them have that. I wouldnt consider it an issue. I would rate the paint and body at least a 8.5 out of 10...and that VERY NICE DRIVER range.

It comes with the original window sticker and slp window sticker, key chain and production number info. It does have all the 3 SLP stickers in the door jams. The Firehawk portfoilio with birth certificate and all was option and most (including this one) didnt come with it.

The trans shifts perfect...no issues at all. Its never even had the CAGS elimanated.
You are making this very hard not to call the bank on monday...

I have never heard of the wave issue with the hoods? What is that?

Also, what suspension does it have? Bilstein or the standard Decarbons? Can you get a picture of the RPO codes (so I can check the other options) and also the vin number? I think my bank will want that when I call in. A PM with that stuff would be fine if you would like to keep it private.

Last edited by 1bdbrd; 10-16-2010 at 12:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
You are making this very hard not to call the bank on monday...

I have never heard of the wave issue with the hoods? What is that?

Also, what suspension does it have? Bilstein or the standard Decarbons? Can you get a picture of the RPO codes (so I can check the other options) and also the vin number? I think my bank will want that when I call in. A PM with that stuff would be fine if you would like to keep it private.
The Hawk hoods get what looks like ripples in them if you look down them...its an issue with the fiberglass. Most of them do it and its why the original SLP went out of business....so they didnt have to honor the warrenty claims. I have had 4 Hawks and 3 of the four were this way. Its not a big issue but if you didnt know to expect it you may think there was something unusal about it.

I will send you a PM with the VIN a little later (it has a spottless car fax)...and the RPO codes. But its a loaded car with every option available on the Formula (except disc changer...and I dont know if you even could get that on a Formula.) It has the standard suspsension as well. Like I said the only SLP options were chrome rims, mats and a cover.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

Trade for a 02 C5? Plus cash on your end
Old 10-16-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
The Hawk hoods get what looks like ripples in them if you look down them...its an issue with the fiberglass. Most of them do it and its why the original SLP went out of business....so they didnt have to honor the warrenty claims. I have had 4 Hawks and 3 of the four were this way. Its not a big issue but if you didnt know to expect it you may think there was something unusal about it.

I will send you a PM with the VIN a little later (it has a spottless car fax)...and the RPO codes. But its a loaded car with every option available on the Formula (except disc changer...and I dont know if you even could get that on a Formula.) It has the standard suspsension as well. Like I said the only SLP options were chrome rims, mats and a cover.
Sounds good to me. Like I said I mostly need the VIN in case the bank needs it when I call them on Monday.
Old 10-16-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
Trade for a 02 C5? Plus cash on your end
Send me some info on it...I am interested and have cash.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Sold to me!!! Thanks
Old 10-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GMCBURBAN
Sold to me!!! Thanks
Coming from a fellow 2001 Formula Firehawk owner, it looks like you got a great car at a very nice price!
Old 10-16-2010, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Sold to me!!! Thanks
Thanks, I will see you Monday with it. You are getting a very nice car!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Sold to me!!! Thanks
F you
Old 10-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nitr0racing21
F you
It happens man.. Im super stoked about it