Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2001 WS6 M6 Black/Black

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 WS6 M6 Black/Black

Year: 2001
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $9250
Mileage: 128074
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IA
Color: Black
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

2001 Trans Am WS6, Black on black, 6-spd, with traction control.

This is a genuine WS6, no imposter. Bought in April 04 with 63k and I used it for commuting to college so a lot of the miles were highway. As far as I know, I’m the second owner. It was originally sold in Ellisville, MO. I bought it from a dealer in Osage Beach, MO. Car is now currently located in West Des Moines, IA. It has been to the track one time (cam only) and before the heads were done and ran a best of 12.5 @ 120 on street tires. Now that the heads are on I’m betting with some drag radials it’s capable of 11’s. Current mileage now is 128,4XX but you would NEVER guess this by looking at the condition of the car. I feel the car is very tastefully modified, looks stock, but sounds badass! Selling for personal reasons, plus I don’t drive it as much as I like so I would rather someone actually enjoy the car.

Engine modifications: AFR 205 heads milled down to 62cc, Cometic .040” gaskets, chromemoly pushrods, lunatic (morel) lifters, FM13 cam on 112+4 LSA, LS2 timing chain, SLP oil pump, ASP underdrive pulley, Jethot longtube headers with catted y-pipe, AIR system delete, GMMG catback exhaust with polished oval tips, SLP air lid, Greddy catch can with updated PCV valve, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs.

The oil is changed every 2500-3000, always castrol or mobil synthetic and will have a fresh oil change in it. I don’t have HP numbers but similar setups put down 420+HP at the wheels. I didn’t skimp on any parts, as you can see from my list. Transmission, brake fluid, and rear diff fluid have all been changed at least twice since I have owned the vehicle. Keep in mind this car does have heads/cam and some driveability has suffered, but after a couple days of driving its easy to adapt to.

Brakes/Suspension: Hawk HPS pads all the way around, red painted calipers with ‘Trans Am’ overlays on fronts, Earls stainless steel brake lines (not a single rubber brake line on this car), Spohn tubular adjustable rear lower control arms and relocation brackets, Spohn double adjustable panhard bar, Spohn tubular weld-in subframe connectors, UMI strut tower brace, new Nitto NT555 tires (this year) all the way around.

Driveline: Strange 4.10 gears with TA rear cover (new bearings installed with gear set), Spec stage 3 clutch, new master and slave cylinders were installed with clutch at 85k. New u-joints were installed when clutch was replaced.

Interior: No rips, no tears, and there isn’t even any wear anywhere except for the top part of the steering wheel. Carpet is always vacuumed and leather always treated with Lexol, one of the better leather cleaner/conditioner products. I have NEVER used armor all or other cheap inferior so-called conditioner that greases everything up and dries it out. I don’t put my weight on the side bolster of the seat when I get out so it stays in good shape. I have the original t-top sunshades. Macewen silver gauge overlays, console plaque with ASC build info, ws6store short stick shifter, stock Hurst shifter.. Still have original owners/warranty manuals. All switches and electronics function properly, including power antenna. Raptor shift light (bright red LED’s) is installed in center vent. Well hidden until it comes on. The drivers side door panel was replaced with a brand new GM panel several years ago as the old one had cracked at the top. The drivers’ side window motor/regulator was replaced 2 years ago with a new GM assembly. A/C blows cold. Headlight motors work great with no grinding. Have both sets of keys with both fobs.

Stereo: All factory monsoon speakers are in place and sound great. I’m not a huge bass guy, but I like the music to be balanced well. It does have an Alpine CDA-9831 MP3/CD player with ipod cable, MTX thunderform on the left and MTX amp hidden in the spare tire area. The thunderform enclosure sounds great, not too much bass but just enough. Since the enclosure sits off to the side, t-top storage is not affected. I still have original radio if buyer doesn’t want alpine unit or sub/amp combo.

Exterior: It has been buffed to keep the paint like new. It’s waxed regularly with Adam’s car care products. The roof panel is bubbling (common problem on these cars). It’s not terrible (pix shown). I’m fairly meticulous when it comes to keeping this car clean and looking like new. Some a-hole dinged me on the driver’s side quarter right behind the door handle, you have to stand just right to see it. No paint was taken off and PDR can take care of this. DRL housings have been replaced as well as new DRL bulb sockets as moisture was getting into housings. All windows are tinted, I don’t know the percentages as it was like this when I bought it. It also has the rear “PONTIAC” polished stainless steel inserts. It has always been garage kept.

Known problems: The spec stage 3 clutch that’s in it has roughly 40k miles and it slips and will need to be replaced. It does have piston slap when cold but disappates after engine warms up. The passenger side window is getting slow. The autotrix kit may help it or may need new motor. The passenger side door panel is starting to crack at the top. Right now its approx half an inch long.

Asking $9,250. I don’t have to sell it so if I don’t get close to what I want then I won’t sell it. Car is paid for and I have title in hand. Not interested in any trades unless you are willing to really lose your ***.

Also for sale but not included with car:

Carcraft custom fit car cover – Tan
Seatbelt pads/covers “WS6 Performance” logo embroidered on front (shown in pic)
Custom factory fit floor mats, front embroidered with new style “firebird” logo

Video Clip Here

Last edited by joshp14; 01-09-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump...
Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

As it turns out I need to sell my WS6. As much as I hate to, certain things are happening right now and it need to go.

Price reduced to $9500 as-is.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump for a gorgeous clean vehicle I've seen in person. I figured it was low mileage until Josh told me otherwise
Old 11-09-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can vouch for Josh's car you won't find a car as clean as this with the year and mileage. Very well maintained and taken care of thanks to the owner.

Good luck buddy!
Old 11-10-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump...
Old 11-13-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump...
Old 11-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Ugh I keep coming back to your car.... Idk must be your photography skills, but your car looks amazing. I wish I didn't need a truck right now, this would be what I'm going to talk to the bank in the morning for. Clean car, impressive mods, good photos(woulda been nice to see it in the sun more tho!
Old 11-14-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by eatrice99
Ugh I keep coming back to your car.... Idk must be your photography skills, but your car looks amazing. I wish I didn't need a truck right now, this would be what I'm going to talk to the bank in the morning for. Clean car, impressive mods, good photos(woulda been nice to see it in the sun more tho!

If you want some sunlight pictures I may be able to get some for you next weekend. I would during the week but now it gets dark at 5:30 and i cant get to the car in time after work!

PM me if you would like my cell # and we can talk over the phone if you have any more questions.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump for today
Old 11-15-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Regular

Hmm.. All that it needs is a clutch? Hows the ac?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin01Z28
Hmm.. All that it needs is a clutch? Hows the ac?
I checked it this past summer and it still blows cold. Tuning needs to be fine tuned because it doesnt like to stay running when coming to a stop with the a/c on. It's fine if its off.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump...
Old 11-17-2010, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump for a beauty! For anyone scared about the driveability, a good tune you can be driving it and not really know how beast it is! Good luck with the sale dude
Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks CJ!
Old 11-18-2010, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump.....
Old 11-20-2010, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump...