Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

99 Z28 M6 TTop must sell!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Z28 M6 TTop must sell!

Year: 1999
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro
Price: $6500
Mileage: 79000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CT
Color: Red
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

SOLD!

1999 Camaro Z28
Unfinished, I have run out of money. MUST SELL TO PAY OFF LOAN.
~79,000 miles
TTOP - M6 transmission

I recently got engaged, and need to focus on getting an economical car and pay for this wedding. So byebye debt!

There is a skip in the current engine. (there is a tapping now in the passenger side head. No CEL for misfire, no blowby, so im thinking its a valve issue. So i got the 243 heads)

I have bought a used Shortblock from someone on LS1tech to swap in with other parts.

List of parts I have ready to go with it, and stuff already installed:

Used LS1 Shortblock
Used 243 LS6 Heads
Patriot Dual gold valve spring kit
LS2 Timing Chain
Brand New PaceSetter Long tubes
Brand New Pacesetter Catless Y Pipe
Brand New SLP Loudmouth 1
Brand New 25% Underdrive pulley
Brand New Fiberglass 4" cowl hood
Brand New front bumper cover
Brand New front lip
Brand New aerosol paint and clearcoat
Has a TSP Tsunami Cam
Bunch of weight removal (still have carpeting, etc if needed)
Kenne Bell Boost-A-pump
Walbro 255 LPH pump
60LBS Injectors
PCMforLess tune
AEM Uego AFR gauge
Auto meter oil pressure gauge
Aftermarket black suede bucket seats
brand new Comp Cams pushrods
barely used water pump
barely used comp cam promagnum rocker arms
brand new Katech rod bolts
FAST 78mm intake manifold
No name 80Mm throttle body
3.90 Motive G gears
Shim/install kit for rear end
AGX KYB Struts
BMR Springs
ZR1 Chrome Rims
555R rear tires with decent tread
Subframe connectors
Strut tower bar
Rear Window tint
Tail light covers, etc
Most gaskets needed

I am sure I am missing some stuff!

6500 obo! I am in Central CT

Can text me at 8609776411

Last edited by sujomatt; 02-15-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

PM Replied, bump
Old 02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

I do not expect to get 6500, all offers are considered. I am also interested in Subs/headunit/Amp/wiring if you have that and would like to include it in an offer
Old 02-10-2012, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im interested in your car. Do you have any pics of the cowl hood you have for it, and the motor thats in it now, it does run right.?? Just has a miss.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

I sent you a PM, sir! It does run. I drove it around the block a week or 2 ago. I added detail on the skip in the original post to clarify
Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Seems we have a Sale Pending!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sold! Picking this thing up some point next week!
Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sold to someone else..........................

I shrugged it off last nite, but the more i thought about it the more it pissed me off.

We aggreed on a deal last friday. On Sunday i had cash in hand with a trailer booked to come pick it up. You pushed it off to sometime this week. Then sell it to someone else. Then just txt me to tell me you took a deposit from someone else. If you wanted a deposit i could have sent you one via paypal, but you never asked.

I've bought a sold tons of stuff over ls1tech and this is the first time something like this has happened, so this is just a notice for anyone else planning to buy from you.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^thats messed, but thats life. Someone got a killer deal
Old 02-15-2012, 07:40 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Marcello7x
Sold to someone else..........................

I shrugged it off last nite, but the more i thought about it the more it pissed me off.

We aggreed on a deal last friday. On Sunday i had cash in hand with a trailer booked to come pick it up. You pushed it off to sometime this week. Then sell it to someone else. Then just txt me to tell me you took a deposit from someone else. If you wanted a deposit i could have sent you one via paypal, but you never asked.

I've bought a sold tons of stuff over ls1tech and this is the first time something like this has happened, so this is just a notice for anyone else planning to buy from you.
I asked for 6500 or best offer. Your best offer was 4000. I was offered a MUCH better deal out of the blue and had to accept it. I was nice enough to let you know instead of just ignoring any future texts cuz I am not one to leave people hanging. Considering you said you couldn't do more than 4000, i am surprised you could put money down on a trailer. I have had people flake more times than I can even count. I had to look out for myself.

I am glad to see you are so self centered you don't consider the fact that I AM getting married and need to get as much as I can to get my debt in check to have the damn wedding. You offered me 1000 dollars LESS than what I owe. Even tried to cater to your price by offering different things and working other deals into the offer.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea 4k plus trade of stuff minus parts you were going to keep. Surprised i payed for a trailer? how else am i suppose to pick up a car that has issues?

You could have offered the courtesy of letting me try and match you other offer. Thats at the very least the honorable thing to do when you make a deal with someone. Idk about you or the people that have "flaked" out on you, but i honor my word.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

You would really match 6,000? You said 4,000 and did not look like you were going to budge. So I did what I needed to do. I apologized and explained. Again I am sorry, I am not this awful person you are trying to make me out to be.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcello7x
Yea 4k plus trade of stuff minus parts you were going to keep. Surprised i payed for a trailer? how else am i suppose to pick up a car that has issues?

You could have offered the courtesy of letting me try and match you other offer. Thats at the very least the honorable thing to do when you make a deal with someone. Idk about you or the people that have "flaked" out on you, but i honor my word.
That makes NO sense. Why the **** would the OP go back to another buyer to see if they would match the better person's offer? That's a waste of time he was offered 2k higher than your best offer. Money talks.

Stop crying about it and move on. Find another car. Thx.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chon79
That makes NO sense. Why the **** would the OP go back to another buyer to see if they would match the better person's offer? That's a waste of time he was offered 2k higher than your best offer. Money talks.

Stop crying about it and move on. Find another car. Thx.
THANK YOU! i am glad im not the only one that feels this way.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Marcello, Before you go berating people, you should realize there is a difference between someone who lowballs someone thousands of dollars on a car that is already being given away, without so much as even seeing a car or hearing it run and someone that is willing to pay the asking price of the car (the thread on Streetsofct.com was $6k BTW), and is able to make a deal locally without even the mention of price, within 15 min of meeting one another. Seriously.. money wasn't even talked about until cash was handed over. Matt is a straight up person, that immediately pointed out all the asthetic flaws of the car even though he didn't have to, and even offered to give money back after some issues arose during the transaction. It was a bad judgement call on your part to assume that after lowballing someone that much, and not bothering to arrange a down payment (It's not the sellers responsibility to ask for a down payment, it's the buyers), that the car was just going to pulled off the market. Hindsight is always 20-20.

To bad mouth someone after the fact, knowing full well you lowballed someone that was already giving the car away is an extremely childish act. It's the equivalent of that fat kid in the candy store that is stamping his feet because he was denied a pack of skittles.

In this case Matt got what he deserved, and so did everyone involved, and NOT involved.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats not seen, is the conversation i had with Matt, where i was hesitant to make an offer when i found out the car was currently still running. I was going to make an offer with the intention that the car we basically a roller with a dead motor. I told him what i had to offer was not a fair offer for a running car, yet he is the one who suggested a trade minus some parts. I told him what i had to offer and he agreed.

For what i considered 100% project due to needing a new motor 4k is fair. He is the one who suggested the trade to even things up. Yes it is my fault for not putting down a deposit, i was simply going to go strait to pick up the car with full cash in hand the next day. HE is the one who put it off.

If anything i said is false please point it out Matt.

Yes i made an offer on a car w/o as much as seeing or hearing it. Its a project car, its not a showroom car or even daily driver due to it having issues. When you have a long drive to buy a car dealing upfront saves time. I've driven 10+ hours one way to pick up the car in my sig and i made a deal up front soley on a few pictures and the word of the seller. If your upfront and honest it doesn't matter.

I've also sold a car to someone that took a bus 5 hours to pick it up and drive it home[the 72 buick in my sig] I was 100% honest with everything and he came and bought it w/o the smallest bit of doubt about driving it home.

If I put off the purchase, i agree 100% take cash from someone else, i've dealt with poeple that would say they were going to buy and back out. But i was ready to buy right away, i should have at-least got the offer to match the price. I also agree he should get the most he can for it, but if i were selling a car i would have gave the first person dibs at the same price.

Not getting the car isn't the end of the world to me, it was a spare side project to get on the road faster than my hotrod. I do business one way, treat people how you like to be treated.

Quick Reply: 99 Z28 M6 TTop must sell!