Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

99 ws6 6.0 cam/stall/gear 40k miles!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 ws6 6.0 cam/stall/gear 40k miles!!!

Year: 1999
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $13000
Mileage: 40000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Alright between paying for school and now with these oh so awesome gas prices here in illinois I am going to have to part with my baby, something I never thought I would do.

99 Black WS6. Fully optioned car that basically was ordered top of the line other than moving up to a firehawk. Still have the original window sticker and I am the second owner. Bought the car with 9k miles, now is at 39,XXX….I would say about 3k on the new motor, never seen snow and garage kept its entire life.

The car now needs some motor work which is why I have officially decided to get rid of it as being in school I cannot afford to fix it and I really need reliable transportation. I will touch upon all of that later but first the GOOD!!
Mods are as follows...

-6.0 Ironblock installed this past summer with brand new ls2 internals. About 3k miles since the install and oil changed at 500, 1000, and 2000 with royal purple only
- it is about 10:1 compression at the moment.
-G5x3 cam with dual gold springs and hardened pushrods
-Vigilante 4k stall
-Motive 3.73 gear
-Eibach drag launch springs on front, stock springs in back
-Slp double roller timing chain and slp heavy duty oil pump installed with new shortblock
-Stainless longtube headers and y pipe into borlamouth exhaust
-Adj panhard bar, spohn LCA's and relocation brackets
-All the small supporting stuff like 160 deg. thermo and B&M supercooler
-SVO 42lb greentop injectors

-Currently sitting on basically brand new nitto rubber that arent even a year old and have maybe 2000 miles on them. 555's up front and 555r drag radials in the rear.

Also have a fitted california car cover I will include and believe I have some other stuff sitting around.

The car has the normal scratches any 12 year old car would. Noticeable ones are scratches on the rear wing as well as driver front quarter which is barely noticeable. Has a crack in the rear bumper from some ******* who hit me when it was parked at work and apparently didn’t think it was worth the courtesy to leave information. The interior is in great condition no rips or tears anywhere. No longer has the front license plate cover.

NOW THE BAD –
1. The car began to burn an unusual amount of oil this past summer so I took it into the shop that has done every aftermarket modification including the new motor setup. It was determined that the #7 cylinder needs new piston rings and this was why the car was burning oil. It still runs and drives perfectly fine just smokes a bit out of the exhaust.
The day it was found what was wrong I drove it from the shop too home, filled the tires as well as put in fuel stabilizer, put the cover on and the car has not been driven since. I do not mess around when it comes to problems and took no chances driving it. It has been started a couple of times since just to make sure there were no problems. I would not have a problem with taking a buyer on a short drive to show it does work and still perform.
2. Currently the driver side window is out of its track. It still goes up and down however it seems to slide forward and back within the door. When I took it apart the piece holding it into the track was broken and I did not have the means to fix it so I simply left it up since. I PLAN TO HAVE THIS FIXED in the coming weeks so it will not be a problem for the buyer. If the buyer wishes to do it themselves or have it done I can adjust the price a 100 bucks or so to offset it.
3. The Seat belt loop on the driver headrest snapped off when someone getting out pulled the strap the wrong way. AGAIN I AM GOING TO REPLACE THIS! I am going to buy a new one off ebay and either replace it myself if I have time or include it in the purchase as no extra. It is a simple fix, and again will probably be done.

The car had all of its work done by Ted and Mike at Benchmark Tuning as well as the dyno tuning with the new motor setup. The car put down in the neighborhood of 380whp and 450lb of tq BEFORE I installed the 42lb injectors. The car maxed out the stock injectors on the dyno and should now be putting down right at, if not over, 400whp. I am going to look around and try and find the dyno sheets from before the injectors or see if they have them saved and I’ll post them up. I can vouch that it blows the tires off from any stoplight from idle. The car ran consistent low 12.1’s and I believe a 12.0 when it was the stock motor with a smaller cam. I have not been back to the track since but I am absolutely sure it is good for mid to high 12’s and would be monstrous with some nitrous.

Car is super clean and I honestly get comments on it everywhere I go as to how clean and nice looking it is for a 12 year old car. Most comments are don’t ever let that thing go or hold on to it for ever, too bad life has a different idea.

Starting price = 13,000 Obo. I understand it needs work done and has a modded motor, that is why it says OBO! I will not just give this away though.

Open to Trades but not equal value....I am looking to pick up a Bike and a daily driver that way I still have something fun and also a way to get to work and school and drive in winter. Throw them out there, just no busa’s zx14’s,….1k’s are ok and anything else I would be willing to consider it.

If you have an offer throw it out there, worst I can say is no.

Pm me with any questions or offers, this is connected to my email so response should be relatively quickly. Car is located about 10 minutes from O’hare.

Thanks for looking,
Charlie

Here are pictures, some are from last summer some a bit older. I am going to pull her out and give her a good wash and clean since its been under the cover for so long and take some new ones, just want to try and find someone with a decent camera to show how clean it is, and my phone camera is not going to suffice.

Scratches on the rear wing

Here are two pictures taken at the track to show how much the drag launch springs helped weight transfer....and yes it did make 275 M/T DR's wrinkle

Old 03-24-2012, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Almost 200 views and nothing??
Old 03-24-2012, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tough market and price is pretty high for a bad motor. I know its just a ring on one cylinder but people wont do that, it needs a short block. Thats I'm looking at it, sure most have similar veiw. They are hard to find this nice the body and interior look mint.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mustang Hat'r 2
Tough market and price is pretty high for a bad motor. I know its just a ring on one cylinder but people wont do that, it needs a short block. Thats I'm looking at it, sure most have similar veiw. They are hard to find this nice the body and interior look mint.
Understandable. Need to figure out just what I would take I guess and throw it at that.

Really hoping to find another enthusiast who might do it themselves, then it would just be machining that would really cost, and the fix wouldnt be nearly as bad. We'll see but I definitely understand what needs to be done and truly wish I could afford to do it because fixed the car is seriously mean and so clean it kind of makes me sick to sell it.

Again guys its obo, throw something up and I'll consider it. Otherwise gonna need to reevaluate I guess.

Last edited by Blknight6989; 05-02-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sick car! What was the trap speed
Old 03-26-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I believe it trapped like 111 or 112 when it did the 12.0 and 12.1 passes. I gotta try and find those slips because that was almost 4 years ago and on the old setup. The car is a night and day difference with the stock motor and crappy *** custom grind cam that was in it compared to the 6.0 and the G5x3.

I honestly couldn't have asked for the new setup to work better together, 450lb on maxed injectors with stock heads had me more than pleased and with the new 42lber's it should be right at our 400whp goal.

Ttt for anyone with an offer.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:24 PM

still got your car?
Old 03-27-2012, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Car is still for sale and OBO. Zack pmd you back
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sunday night bump
Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 AM
Teching In

Beautiful car would be a great home for my 408! Just a little too high for a bad motor
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Pm me what you would be looking to spend and where your located. If it was worth it I would consider pulling the motor and trans. Or making a deal with it as whole and you could sell off whats on this motor.

Willing to make a deal with someone with cash.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sale Pending
Old 04-23-2012, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

ttt sale fell through
Old 04-26-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bumpppp
Old 04-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned

Maybe 7-8k here. Glws
Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hope you get what you want out of it. Mostly clean body and pristine interior. A bad motor is just something that will definitely cost you in sale. I'd recommend just leaving it in that garage and building it when you have money
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yep I have not doubt without the motor work this thing would be longgggggg gone. Chances are its gonna sit till I can fix her then enjoy it one more sunny day and make a deal.

TTT
Old 05-04-2012, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ahh its getting nice out!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Car is sold