Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

01 SS 6spd Red on Black, clean and hardly touched

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 SS 6spd Red on Black, clean and hardly touched

REDUCED TO $10,000

2001 SS 6spd, cc, traction control, monsoon 12-disc changer, tinted windows, halo lights (dont look "ricey" they actually make the car look very mean) air box by LS1 motorsports, msd plug wires, cat-back ( dont know brand, but it is a 3" all the way back to a single exit, and crank pulley. Aftermarket shifter, maybe a Hurst but definitely not a pro 5.0 Also has slotted rotters and MB Motorsport "Drifter" wheels. 275/40/18 295/35/18 Kuhmo Ecsta Supra. Wheels were custom ordered, they fit perfect in the wheel wells with no rub. Car sits on Koni adjustables with strano springs, excellent ride quality even on houston streets. Like a touring car on the highways. Crusing at 70mph I get 29mpg on my way to San Marcos. Around houston I get 24mpg.

The not so bad but slightly annoying:

Previous owner installed a power attena but didnt hook it up... and i dont listen to the radio so neither did I. I attempted to but could not find a power source in the rear. Still picks up the stations just a tad fuzzy unless your inside Beltway 8 it picks up pretty clear still.

The rear spoiler brake light came off and was hanging by the cable. It is now attached to the spoiler with 3M double sided stick tape. I assure you though, that it is of high quality and the work was done by a professional.
15-40$$$ at the dealer for the light??

Needs a piece of plastic around the passenger door handle. $5 at the junkyard.

Drivers door speaker is not out, but getting weaker. Overall the sound system is awesome for stock. The monsoon is a great system.

Theres some slack somewhere in the passenger seat bracket. Half my passengers notice it.. 30-80$$ or junkyard it.

Overall the interior has held up very well. The driver seat has no tears, and there are no cigarette burns as I do not smoke. The carpet has no stains and everything shines up very well. T-tops do not leak.

The Bad:

Tranny has the infamous 2-3 grind. Its been doing it since I got it at 52k miles, and the posi seems to be getting weak. There is an existing warranty on the car which is transferrable even through private sales. Both cases are covered by the warranty, I just cant afford to have my only transportation down for 2-who knows how many weeks. The warranty has somewhere around 5-7k miles and 6-7 months left. It either goes out in July or August for sure. I think it is $250 to transfer the warranty and there is only a $100 deductable on repairs. It has paid for itself with me, a water pump, window motor and power steering hose.

The engine runs strong, it has the LS6 intake from the factory along with the LS6 clutch which is still holding strong. The motor and clutch have not given me any problems besides the water pump. Has never over heated or anything like that.

I ran the car at Baytown the second week I had it. I made 3 passes and ran a 12.9 with a 2 sec 60ft. I could probably do a lot better now that I know how to launch the car but ive never had the bar back to any track since then. I have not done anything performance wise to the car since purchasing it besides the shocks and springs.

I will have to get pictures of the interior, but here are a few body shots for the meantime.

The car has 85k miles and looks just as good as the 30k miles camaros that are next to me at the car meets. Im asking 10k... talk to me.

Last edited by XxWICKEDSSxX; 01-28-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Forgot to mention theres a dent right behind the drivers door, looks like someone kicked the car... no damage to paint, barely noticeable unless your within 5 feet.

Make me some offers, this car will run till the wheels fall off.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Personal I think the price is a tad high...

But its your car sell it for what you want...
Old 01-27-2009, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

You would have to see it in person.. 20k of the miles are probably going back and forth to san marcos alone.

But yes I know, just like everyone else I set a high price because ill settle for less. 2 people interested in the car at the moment... im satisfied with their offers but first come first serve.

I think im just going to make a video of the car tomorrow, ill keep yall posted.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
TECH Regular

Very clean car. I've seen it in person quite a few times and it really does look great. Zach I think you are making it sound worse than it actually is lol.

Bump!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

HA probably, I just want to make every little detail noticed.. and make it clear that I have nothing to hide on the car. I have faith that it would go another 85k with a conservative driver like myself.

I live on the north side of town (spring) and work on the west side (B-8 and westheimer) if anyone wants to take a look in person PM me.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

Hooters drunken lunch special. Take the car home for 12k
Old 01-27-2009, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

12K and ill have the warranty fix everything. I just need a downpayment so I can get a rental for a while...
Old 01-27-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Trade you a 2007 gsxr 1000 for ir?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

I have a particular car im looking to get. I would kill myself on a streetbike anyways...
Old 01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

10K anybody?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TTT Good looking car.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Teching In

10k is starting to be much more interesting, but I still have to sell my car first (unless you're interested in a 95 Z28 A4). G/L with the sale!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

No I already found a car im interested in. Hes got plenty of time and so do I.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Bump. Should have video of the car on youtube by tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:43 AM
On The Tree

Morning bump. Wont go below 10k, if I cant get that im keeping the car.. I dont need to get rid of it.. just wanting to start another project.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Resident

You are too far away from me, otherwise I would have considered it.

bump for a sexy camaro
Old 01-30-2009, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Morning bump. Seems like 50 cars were added to the classifieds last night... howd that happen?