Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

FS: 05 Z51 C6 Corvette Widebody with Supercharged Forged 408

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 05 Z51 C6 Corvette Widebody with Supercharged Forged 408

2005 Corvette Z51 Coupe
Velocity Yellow Exterior / Cashmere Interior / 1SA
25,XXX Miles
6 Speed
VIN: 1G1YY24U855134181 (Rebuilt Title)
Forged 408 Built for Boost with Intercooled Procharger
606rwhp Currently (can easily achieve 700+whp with a blower swap)
Price: $36,500 (will entertain reasonable offers)

For sale is a supercharged 2005 Corvette widebody currently making 606rwhp at 9psi of boost. The car has an extensive modification list (see below), but still remains a great daily driver with the supercharger on tap whenever needed. It has been recently tuned to approximately 12.0 AFR, the giant Michelin PS2's are 7/32" depth all around, and the car is really built to handle a lot more boost than it's currently seeing. A switch to a D series procharger at 13psi should put this car into the 700rwhp range, as the fuel system and engine (408ci with 22.4cc dished pistons) are built for even higher boost levels.

Without a doubt the car will perform well at the strip based upon power/wt alone, but it also has been build to handle high heat conditions like a roadcourse or just a hot day down south. The car has an upgraded Dewitts radiator, with tranny oil cooler, and TWO oil coolers in series. One oil cooler is in the Dewitt radiator, and the other is hidden up in the left front fender with brake duct cooling routed to it. In terms of handling upgrades, the front and rear springs are OEM C6 Z06, with Bilstein sport shocks at all four corners. The car has just about as much tire as you can fit under a street Corvette, with 275/18f and giant 345/19r Michelin PS2's. That said, I simply can't afford to keep this car. My wife and I are getting ready to start a family and I can't have 2 vettes any longer.

The car did sustain an engine fire several months ago (a fuel line wasn't connected properly tuning a new engine), and I picked it up from the insurance yard and did some work with a good friend to get the car in the condition you see. Outside of some cosmetic heat spots under the perimeter of the engine bay there really isn't any remaining damage, but it's easier to let the pictures tell the story of the car's condition. I do have some old fire photos of it I'd be happy to e-mail any potential buyer. The car has $112,547 documented into it on the insurance claim (I have these papers). At this point, the biggest damage left is the ink on the Carfax (rebuilt title)...hence it being many thousand cheaper than other built engine supercharged widebody C6's.

Modlist:

Handling
- C6 Z06 Widebody Fenders
- C6 Z06 Springs
- C6 Z06 Sway Bars
- Bilstein Sport Shocks
- C6 Z06 Rear Spoiler
- C6 Z06 Chrome Reproduction Wheels 18x9.5" Front / 19x12" Rear (includes tire press sensors)
- 275/35/18 Michelin PS2 Tires Front (7/32")
- 345/30/19 Michelin PS2 Tires Rear (7/32")

Powertrain:
- Procharger P-1SC-1 Kit with New Syle Bracket and Front Mount Intercooler
- 3.70" Pulley
- 243 LS6 Heads
- ARP Head Bolts
- LS2 Block with 4.030 Bore
- ECS Big Cube (402ci+) Blower Cam
- Probe 4.030" Forged -22.4cc Pistons
- Forged 4.000" Stroker Crank
- Eagle H Beam Rods
- ARP 8740 Rod Bolts
- ARP Main Stud Kit
- Heavy Duty Double Roller Timing Chain
- LS7 Clutch (new), LS7 Flywheel, New Slave Cylinder
- Dynatech Engineering 1-7/8" Long Tube Headers with Jet Hot Coating ($300 extra) and High-Flow Cats
- Magnaflow Stainless Exhaust with Midsection and 4" Quad Tips ($2500)
- Elite Engineering E2 Tunnel Plate Heat Shielding
- Cadillac Racing Lifters
- Yella Terra Shaft Mount Ultralight Roller Rockers
- Comp 921 Dual Springs with Ti Retainers
- Comp Hardened 7.400" Pushrods
- FIC 60lb (@3bar) Bosch Injectors
- Custom Velocity Yellow Fuel Rail Covers
- Boost-A-Pump
- Dewitts High Volume Radiator with Engine and Tranny Oil Coolers
- Extra B&M EOC Mounted in Series in Left Fender
- LPE Oil Cooler Block Adapter
- Melling High Volume Oil Pump
- Elite Engineering Catch Can (Silver)
- Autometer A Pillar Gauge Panel (prewired with 2 LED's)
- PLX Wideband with Digital Gauge - Wired for HPTuners Input
- Autometer Sport Comp Boost Gauge
- Skip Shift Eliminator

Trim:
- Lloyds Floor Mats

Pics: (we have over 100 photos, so feel free to ask about anything)

Last edited by Brody; 07-04-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Shoot me some offers, or just let me know what we could do better for the sale. I understand a rebuilt title will scare off the market that is afraid of paint and engine work, but by that same rationale a forged widebody car will have paint work and the engine pulled regardless of title. This is a feeler ad as well as a for sale ad. I certainly respect peoples opinions around here. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Teching In

is it just me or does that tune look a little lean? but beautiful car!
Old 05-06-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brody
Shoot me some offers, or just let me know what we could do better for the sale. I understand a rebuilt title will scare off the market that is afraid of paint and engine work, but by that same rationale a forged widebody car will have paint work and the engine pulled regardless of title. This is a feeler ad as well as a for sale ad. I certainly respect peoples opinions around here. Thanks!
After looking at corvettes for sale over the past few months and seeing what they're going for I would be suprised if you could get $30K for that car. I know this one isn't stock and has some money dumped into it but that really doesn't help resale value. Brand new 1LTs go for what you're asking for this one all day long. I wouldn't even post the picture of the engine bay after the fire I think that would scare away a few potential buyers. I'm not trying to be an *** or anything, I'm actually trying to sell a car right now too. That's just my 2 cents.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:47 PM
On The Tree

Comparables go for low-mid 40's (IMO it's tough to compare used/modded to new/stock, just two different buyers), and the biggest damage left is really just the ink on the carfax at this point. Of course we expect to get less for a rebuilt title car than a clean one, even though the engine is basicly 500 miles now.

I do appreciate the advice Brad.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brian06eleanor
is it just me or does that tune look a little lean? but beautiful car!
Thanks for the compliment!

The place we dyno always seems to be a bit leaner on their sniffer than our WBO2's (the car has a PLX wideband on it), so we let it sneak over 12 on theirs, but fattened it up top to be extra careful. I've got the dyno pulls on video for any serious buyer. You can see it's a little rich from the exhaust. I'd be happy to lean/fatten it up to a buyer's preference.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:38 PM
On The Tree

To the top, PM me some offers. Thanks!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bradl1982
After looking at corvettes for sale over the past few months and seeing what they're going for I would be suprised if you could get $30K for that car. I know this one isn't stock and has some money dumped into it but that really doesn't help resale value.

I'm not trying to be an *** or anything,
If some *** wanted a stock C6, then they should go and look for the tons of used stock C6's that are available for sale. C6's are not rare. Why would said ***, search out heavily modified C6's and then try that line about modifications "doesn't help resale value"? This is not just a modified muffler and shift handle. It's retarded to think that this should be sold for the same price as a stock C6.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Thanks 98Bird, though Brad did provide a more constructive reply over at corvetteforum.

I'll be the first to admit that this car and it's value are going to be in a specialty market. As I've mentioned you really have to be okay with paint work and an engine pull to want ANY forged widebody car, so at that point you're down to savvy enough buyers that can ascertain a car's value based upon condition, not the title. The title at this point just forces me to give a discount to the buyer that you wouldn't get on any other car at this level.

This car has had some good local bites b/c I can show it in person, prove it drives well, and pin you to the seat with a grin, but that's a tougher sale over the internet.

The car does need to go, so don't hesitate to PM me some offers if you're serious. I'd be happy to chat over the phone as well.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Price now massively reduced to $36,500!!
Old 07-06-2009, 03:44 PM
On The Tree

damn why couldnt you be in texas??
Old 07-06-2009, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

you have pictures of the damage that remains? Also does the interior smell like smoke?
Old 07-09-2009, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KandyZ
damn why couldnt you be in texas??
We've been joking that we're pretty sure the car will end up there with all the other endless budget street cars...

Shoot me a PM and I'll get you a number. I'd be happy to get you any detail you could want.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fast GTO
you have pictures of the damage that remains? Also does the interior smell like smoke?
Here's a little pic that shows the worst under the engine bay. The only other thing is a little shine as the dash meets the windshield. You can't see it at all from inside, but you can see it if you're looking around the VIN plate.

The arrow on the left shows the discoloration I've mentioned. The other side is the same. The arrow on the left shows a little spot that was softened by the fire. It's very small (about 1.5" x 1"), but I want to disclose everything.

Thankfully, the interior doesn't smell like smoke.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:07 AM
Teching In

Is this car still for sale?

Quick Reply: FS: 05 Z51 C6 Corvette Widebody with Supercharged Forged 408