Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2001 Stripper Z28 17k original miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 02:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Stripper Z28 17k original miles

I know it has been forever and a day since I posted last on here; a lot of things changed so I just haven't had time to be a part of LS1tech like I used to. Anyway, I'll get to the point! I need to free up some cash for some business ventures, and one of the best ways to do that is to sell my baby. Please read everything before you PM or post any questions as I think I've covered pretty much everything. Thanks guys!

I'll start with some background on the car: It's a 2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro Z28 Hardtop T56 with about ~17k original miles (clean title of course). It was a weekend driver (if even that) for me. The car is a stripper model (1SC) with the only two options being a rear window defroster and a 12 disc changer in the back. I'm the third owner of the car and have owned it since July 2004. The original owner put about ~9k highway miles on it over the course of about one year, and the second owner added ~200 miles more in the three years he owned it. It has always been garaged and has seen rain once in it's life. I happened to have the misfortune of being caught in a freak light rain shower; the car was washed, polished, and waxed thoroughly the same evening. I have also kept the underside of the car cleaned and waxed since I have owned it. The interior is flawless in condition and still smells new (I've never eaten inside it, and the car has never been smoked in). The adjustment mechanism of the manual driver side mirror broke due to poor quality and I haven't fixed it yet. The underside of the car has two small holes (one on each of the rear seat wells) where the TSP duals are attached. The front end of the car has some very mild rocking chipping from the highway driving of the original owner, but is only noticeable from close inspection. The car has seen no more than ten runs down the 1/4, six or so were after the car was cammed and only three were on ET Streets with the rest being on the stock tires which are still on the car. The car was cammed for ~3k miles beginning at ~14k miles.

Other background: In May of 2006 a piston to valve incident occured due to what I believe was the timing chain loosening up. The engine is in need of a rebuild as I'm still unsure of the extent of the damage that occured, but I do know there still are many useable internal and accessory parts. The car no longer has the LS6 intake manifold or headers (sold after the engine went pop at 17k miles). The car has sat in my insulated garage fully covered since the incident happened.

Modifications: TSP True Duals, Driveline Solutions 9" Rear-End (spool, 4.30s, 35 spline gun-drilled axles, Strange nodular center section, this rear end has only seen six runs at the strip and three were on ET Streets and the rear was also broken in properly, housing and center also painted with Por 15), Ram Powergrip HD clutch (installed and broken in same time as rear end), UMI Subframes, UMI Adjustable PHR, Spohn Sway Bar Relocation Brackets, PST 4" Aluminum DS with 1350 yoke, Gloss Black "Berger Panel", Stainless Laser Engraved Z28 Emblem on back

I don't have to sell the car, but the extra money would certainly help. Since it's not a must sell I'm starting the price out quite high, but I WILL entertain reasonable offers. I believe the car should command something of a premium being that it has been babied so much and is somewhat rare even though the engine needs to be rebuilt.

I'm asking $20,000 OBO to start out guys, once again I know the price is high so no need to flame me on something I already know. Thanks again everyone! My email is mjstock@unm.edu and I'm located in Albuquerque, NM.

Old 09-26-2007, 04:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe I got confused...or reading wrong...but are you wanting $20,000 for a car with a blown motor? or it has since been replaced/repaired?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Teching In

No he is wanting 20k for a car with a blown engine
Old 09-26-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by meathogg
No he is wanting 20k for a car with a blown engine

Old 09-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Banned

I'll give you 5k for your roller? Let me know by PM!
Old 09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

rebuilt engine?
Old 09-26-2007, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Turbo_6
rebuilt engine?
Read the thread
Old 09-26-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Come on guys, at least read what I've written if you're going to make a post in regards to my "obo" price. I know what the car is worth as it sits and that's why I said I'm open to "all reasonable offers."
Old 09-26-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you going to get 20K for a mild bolton car with a blown up motor?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slick1851
How are you going to get 20K for a mild bolton car with a blown up motor?
You get a 9" and some chassis stuff, but the headers and LS6 intake are sold.

You might as well fix it and sell it for 14k (high retail).

Good luck!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for keeping it towards the top guys, that $20k obo price generates some discussion and keeps the thread active and visible for anyone that may have some interest. Of course I know I'm not going to get anywhere near $20k for it!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LoPeY
Thanks for keeping it towards the top guys, that $20k obo price generates some discussion and keeps the thread active and visible for anyone that may have some interest. Of course I know I'm not going to get anywhere near $20k for it!

Negative discussion.

I know the rules say don't flame or junk up a thread...but come on now...LMAO...should have put this in the Racer's Lounge.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have 4k for it without long block,
Old 09-27-2007, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

I'd rather have a roller SS with actual options, not a stripper.. for 5k

https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/789976-2001-camaro-ss-roller-ls1-42-000-original-miles-i-ll-take-5-000-a.html