Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

FS: 1999 Camaro Z28 M6 in SE MN

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1999 Camaro Z28 M6 in SE MN - Stock - 33,5xx original miles - Price Reduced!!

Hi to all fellow LS1techers. As the saying goes, long time reader-first time poster. And for a twist of irony, I’m forced to sell the vehicle that got me started reading/following an excellent website forum such as this one to help finance a new house and some unplanned dental bills. Anyway back to the car for sale. This particular specimen of F-body is a 1999 Camaro Z28 M6 as the title says.

Originally bought brand new here in SE MN at Clements Chevrolet-Cadillac approx 22 miles from where I live now. I am now the third owner of the car and can say have had nothing but good luck and great thrills driving and owning it. It has been driven down the dragstrip 3 times with street tires and has been on a chassis dyno once. According to the other two owners of the car, it has never left MN and has never seen the dreaded salt covered winter roads known all too well in the “rustbelt”. Personally, I have only driven the car on fair weather outings and stored winters.

As for the appearance, the car is Navy Blue Metallic as shown in the pics. The only appearance mods done where the addition of bowtie sail panel overlays to dress up the boring black area directly rearward of the side windows. All light housings and lenses stock. Comes with the stock 5 spoke 16" chrome wheels with new Z-rated rubber all around with less than 500 miles since mounting. The rims had adhesive backed weights installed to further the slick look. These new tires are the second set on this car.

Brakes and suspension are all as they came from the factory. Electronic upgrades are as follows: SLP inline fan control switch, Jegs skip-shift eliminator, and SLP ASR reversal module. Has had the battery replaced once due to the common leaky sideposts on delco batteries and possible original alternator. Charges good. Has approx 40 psi oil pressure on hot idle as show in pic below with German Castrol in the crankcase. Save for a K&N air filter in the stock housing, the driveline is 100% showroom stock condition. Stock 10 bolt with 3.42s and Torsen limited slip. Has all emissions equipment installed and operational, so should have no problem to pass any states testing-lucky for us here in MN we don’t have to worry about that (yet?). Has had the A/C serviced. One of the hardline washer gaskets was leaking and replaced along with all others accessible under the hood. Then recharged and now blows nice and cold again.

Interior is gray in color and is leather. As seen in the pics, no signs of excessive wear, cracks, cuts, or burns in any of the seats. Sound system is the stock 200 watt MONSOON 6 speaker system with single cd player. Is equipped with power locks, windows, mirrors, and driver’s seat. Everything inside and out works as it should. Has T-tops with sunshades included with sale that have never been installed or used. Shifter and shift grab ball still stock. No rips or tears in the headliner. All seals and weatherstriping intact and in good condition. Never any rodent infestation, flood damage, dogs or smoking inside car. Glass all good with no added tinting. Exterior rearview mirrors have some minor water spotting stains which I never was really bothered by or looked into cleaning. Locks, hinges and latches and work as they should with no sagging, binding or excessive noises.

Extras included with the sale include the above mentioned t-top sun shades, extra set of keys and remote, car cover, wheel lock key for installed locks, owner’s manual, sales brochure, Genuine GM F-body 3 volume service manual set for ‘99 (a retail value of approx $100), tube of touch-up paint, K&N filter recharger cleaning kit and a full tank of premium. Had a loan on the car, but has since been paid off and I hold the lien release card to transfer ownership. The title is good and clean. As far as I was told and from what I can see, has never been in any kind of wreck or repainted. Would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. Have gotten 25+ MPG if you drive with a sensible right foot. Would be possibly interested in trading for a clean, solid 68-69 Chevelle body and chassis for project/restore. If buyer is from out of state, would be willing to work with prearranged shipping plans set up by the buyer or to meet somewhere in the middle for a small fee to cover gas. Sorry for the long story, but want to accurately describe the car. All sales final. Thanks for looking. If any additional/better quality pics needed, ask in thread or send e-mail to grandprix38001997@yahoo.com

*Asking Price: $11,250
*Vehicle City & State: Approx. 80 miles south of the twin cities-Mantorville MN
*Vehicle Make, Model, Year: 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28
*Actual Mileage: shown in pic below ~33,5xx
*Title: Clean
*Transmission Type: Manual-M6
*Body Color: NBM
*Interior Type and Color: Leather, gray in color
*List of modifications: listed above
*List of known issues, flaws, or problems: listed above
*Has the vehicle had any accidents or paint work? No

Last edited by ZXXVIII; 10-22-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Bump for the day TTT
Old 09-30-2007, 12:33 PM
Teching In

dyno numbers? track times?
Old 10-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Teching In

At 82 degrees with low humidity on a dynojet, the best of two dyno pulls were 317 lb/ft and 301 hp to the wheels. The other pull 314 and 299 respectively. Pretty good numbers in my opinion for a completely stock f-body but then remembering reading on this site somewhere that dynojet numbers are a little higher than a mustang dyno. So all and all, probably right where they need to be. As for the track times, with reaction time a .223 and with a less than stellar 2.269 60' time, the best ET reached was 13.883 at 104.4 mph. The launch was a little boggy but I'm sure times would have went down with DRs and a higher launch rpm. And since it was my only ride home with all trailers full, I didn't feel much like pushing it to the ragged edge-just get a rough idea of what it would do.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:47 AM
Teching In

TTT for the day with a new lower price ---> $11995
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

awesome car. i'd love to have it. =(
Old 10-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Teching In

ttt for a nice clean original car with extras. Be the envy of all your friends.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Teching In

ttt for today. Cars also make for excellent birthday or x-mas gifts for the loved one in your life in need of domestic (er, Canadian) late-model muscle!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Teching In

C'mon LSx fans, no one in need of a low mileage '99 Z? Am willing to travel if need be. TTT for me.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

ttt
Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Teching In

TTT car in need of a good home.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Teching In

bump-to the top
Old 10-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Teching In

bump for the day with a new lower price! ----->$11,250.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Hear ye, hear ye

This is the last call for anybody on this site to have a chance of ownership on this beautiful original low mileage car! Thanks to my carsoup ad, the car will be sold to a local guy for the total of 11.5k by the end of the first week of Nov. If anyone is interested, now is the absolute last time to make your voice heard by raising the offer! Thanks to all the others who have posted or had interest.

Quick Reply: FS: 1999 Camaro Z28 M6 in SE MN