Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

2001 Blk/Blk WS6 M6 ~84k Miles California

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Blk/Blk WS6 M6 ~84k Miles California

Made a couple payments, price dropped. I will now include the Spec 3 clutch and the sound system as it is. Disregard what is posted below in that regards. There is no wiggle room on the price, the only thing that will lower it is next months payment.

-My price is $11,500. (Was 12.8k-12.5k-12k)

-The car is located in Union City, California. It passed smog just fine when I bought it.

-It is a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

-It has roughly 85k miles. (Was 84k)

-Clean Title.

-Manual 6-speed transmission.

-Exterior black and interior black leather.

-Modifications:
-- LS6 Cam
-- Lid
-- SLP Catback Exhaust
-- SLP U/D Pulley
-- Lou Thesz Short Stick
-- Subframe Connectors
-- Lower Control Arms
-- Panhard Rod
-- Strut Tower Brace
-- HD Bilstein Shocks/Struts ~13k miles ago
-- Throttle Body Coolant Bypass Mod
-- Richmond 4.10 gearing
-- Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs
-- Stereo System:
--- Alpine 9885 Head Unit
--- JL Audio VR650CSi/CXi Speakers
--- Crunch PZi 100.4 Amp
-- Sound Deadening:
--- eDead V1 ~200 SqFt
--- eDead V4 ~110 SqFt
--- eDead V3 One can applied to trunk area

-Problems above and beyond normal wear and tear:
-- Exterior:
--- There are a few spots on the roof wear the top coat peeled off. I believe this is due to being parked outside by previous owner. Has not gotten any worse since I've had it.
-- Interior:
--- During the process of installing the sound deadening, I drove to work with the stereo system still removed and the power wire melted and left a burn mark across the carpet on the rear hump. The way I have my amp mounted now, I don't see it.
-- Mechanical:
--- Transmission: I explained the symptoms to Amber at Six Speeds Inc., and she said it is the "reluctor ring on the slider in reverse." Basically when you move the shifter into reverse, it doesn't always get in gear. If that happens, I put it in first, scoot foward a little and then it will get in reverse. I haven't noticed any pattern to it, it's just random. This problem existed when I bought it, but the previous owner didn't mention it. I don't know how serious of a problem this is, to me it just seems like an annoyance.

- Carfax history report was clean when I bought the car and I haven't done anything to change that. The previous owner told me that a lady hit the rear of the car while it was parked which required the bumper cover to be repainted. Nothing else was damaged or replaced that I know of.

General Information:

This is where I got the car.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicles-sale-lsx-powered-only/698413-2001-trans-am-ws6-sale.html

Aside from what's listed above, I have, since owning the car, replaced the drivers side tie rod end, replaced the battery, had it aligned after every suspension modification, replaced both strut bearing plates, done the seafoam process, changed the spark plugs, replaced the tires about 4k miles ago, catalytic converters replaced under warrantee...

As for gas mileage, I've gotten as low as 14mpg and as high as 23mpg on a trip to Vegas. This week I drove up to Sacramento Raceway and with seven passes down the track and 170 miles I got 20mpg.

At the track last year, the fastest time I ran on bald generic street tires with 20psi was 13.248 @ 110mph. This last trip I went 13.334 @ 108 with street tires at 35psi. But between trips I added about 110lbs of sound deadening to the car. It is running much stronger since I seafoamed and changed the spark plugs. I wish I had the extra money to get some drag radials, if I end up still having the car in the summer, I will probably get some. The previous owner ran a 13.108 on drag radials and I know it will go faster.

There have been three owners. The first one leased it for three years. The previous owner had it for a little more than three years, and I have had it since May 07.

I have a Spec Stage 3 clutch and Fidanza aluminum flywheel. I got them to increase track performance, but the current clutch which I think is an LS6 works just fine on the street and I'm having a hard time changing something that is in perfect working order. The LS6 clutch does leave something to be desired on the track, it tends to lock out on really hard runs. If you want to buy them with the car, I will sell for $400.00 for both.

Right now there is an Elemental Design Nine.5 amp and Boston Acoustic G51044 sub in the car. If you want them with the car, add $500.00. If not, you will get what is listed above and there will be wiring to add a sub amp and woofer in the future. I would rather not sell them because they're awesome and I can't imagine finding anything better for the price. They will get installed in my girlfriends car or the bucket I will be driving in rainy weather.

Please note: If you want an all out track machine, this probably won't work for you because of the extra weight added with sound deadening and heavy gauge wiring for the stereo. If you want a daily driver or fun weekend car that is good at the track, this would be good.

Here a some links to my sound deadening install with pictures:
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthre...5&page=1&pp=10
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40108

New pictures!

Here are some new pictures:

If you have any questions, please PM me, respond to this thread or email me at withonor@hotmail.com.

Last edited by witHonor; 09-29-2008 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Up for sale again.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Teching In

only 13.3?
id expect faster ;o
Old 02-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kmzizzle
only 13.3?
id expect faster ;o
Me too. There's not much you can do with no traction and 2.2+ 60'. The tires used were Defenders and Sumitomo HTR Z just for reference. Not good track tires if anyone is looking.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Some more pictures from 02-17-08

The black one on the left

Again on the left
Old 02-25-2008, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Crap, i'm halfway tempted to buy it back (The MR2 has been crashed into 5 times now, and has had alot of previous problems from the original owner ~ he didn't tell me about an oil leak, or the transmission going out). If I sell it in time, I may be giving you a call.

Sorry about the reverse on the car. That was a common problem that i've had with the last F Body I had, and subsequently that one. My friends have told me that is a common problem with F Bodies.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Denom
Crap, i'm halfway tempted to buy it back (The MR2 has been crashed into 5 times now, and has had alot of previous problems from the original owner ~ he didn't tell me about an oil leak, or the transmission going out). If I sell it in time, I may be giving you a call.

Sorry about the reverse on the car. That was a common problem that i've had with the last F Body I had, and subsequently that one. My friends have told me that is a common problem with F Bodies.
Hey Bobby,

The reverse thing isn't a big deal, like I said it's just annoying. My statement is worded in a way, that hopefully, asserts my honesty. My username is witHONOR for a reason.

If you want to buy it back, it is in better condition except for the added mileage. I am averaging higher gas mileage overall after changing the spark plugs and seafoaming the gas, oil and engine; which is why I know you got a rice rocket. Thanks to the extended warranty, I was able to have the cats replaced free by Marina Pontiac GMC.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:44 AM
Teching In

Edit to original post: I want to sell it so I can work less and have much less to worry about when I transfer to a University. I don't want to sell it because I love it.

I might be interested in a trade. The bucket I will be using is a 91 Mazda MX-6. Something better might be nice. I would be more intested in a utility truck or a motorcycle. I don't know if a trade, that would require a financing musical chairs, would be worth it though. I definately wouldn't trade for an older, slower sports car.
Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

Oh, I know you didn't mean to be offensive. I know I took good care of the car overall. I'm seriously thinking about buying it back, if you can wait a month (I'm getting rid of the Mister 2 as soon as possible, before I get killed). I've been thinking about that car alot (I put alot of time and money into it, as i'm sure you can tell). In any event, I hope you can keep it for a month, so I can sell this Mister 2, and I can buy her back
Old 03-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Weekly bump.

Bobby, if you're serious, I'll hold off for a month. My only incentive to sell it faster is that I can get a second bike so my girlfriend and I can ride together instead of her on the back. Plus you'll get the car back with about $2,000 in maintenance and upgrades for less than you sold it for. I think I'm getting the short end of the stick here.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by witHonor
Weekly bump.

Bobby, if you're serious, I'll hold off for a month. My only incentive to sell it faster is that I can get a second bike so my girlfriend and I can ride together instead of her on the back. Plus you'll get the car back with about $2,000 in maintenance and upgrades for less than you sold it for. I think I'm getting the short end of the stick here.
I'm serious

I just gotta get rid of this P.O.S.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Some pictures of the imperfections.

Driver side panel, crack is <1".

Passenger side panel, crack is ~1/2".

Top of car.

Roof panel on passenger side.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

i interested, im in sacramento. Any interest in a 96 ws6? Im guessing not since theres a lean. But hey id be a cheap way to stay in the game. Mines also a 6 spd
Old 03-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by evilZO6
i interested, im in sacramento. Any interest in a 96 ws6? Im guessing not since theres a lean. But hey id be a cheap way to stay in the game. Mines also a 6 spd
I appreciate the offer, but I don't really need another car. Yes a 96 WS6 would be a nicer back up than the current 91 Mazda MX6 I have available, but I wouldn't want to spend more than ~$4000 on a car because it wouldn't get much use.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Just made a payment. Down to $12800.

I went out for a ride on my motorcycle the other day with my girlfriend on the back... We need a second bike. My back can't take her leaning on me for 45 minute intervals. If you have a bike that you're looking to part with for ~$5500 and can provide the difference, let me know.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Starting to feel a little more motivated to sell so make some offers. I've seen some bikes I want to get, which are amazingly less than half of what I owe on the car. I may include some of the stuff I was going to sell separately or add some of my own cash to lower the price. Who knows, let's make a deal.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:11 PM

I'm interested in the car, its what I'm lookin for. Its funny you say you are looking for a bike for about $5,500, I am selling my 2003 R1 for exactly that price. Only 4k miles, limited edition black with red flames, m4 hi-mount exhaust, fender elim kit, brand new fork seals, oil change, and fuel injection cleaning. I will pay the difference in cash and am located in Phoenix, AZ, let me know if you are interested.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fbodyguy1
I'm interested in the car, its what I'm lookin for. Its funny you say you are looking for a bike for about $5,500, I am selling my 2003 R1 for exactly that price. Only 4k miles, limited edition black with red flames, m4 hi-mount exhaust, fender elim kit, brand new fork seals, oil change, and fuel injection cleaning. I will pay the difference in cash and am located in Phoenix, AZ, let me know if you are interested.

I am interested.

One problem is that for me to register an out of state bike in California, it needs to have 7500+ miles. Depending on when your registration expires, I may be able to work around that.

I'll send you a pm for more details.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Teching In

I have the T-Top covers, which simulates a hard top if you don't want to have the sun beating on you. Being a student and working, sometimes I like to sleep in the car. This definately helps.

The car also has 4-way power adjustable passenger seat. I don't think this is standard, but I'm not positive. My brother, who has a 2000 T/A, is jealous because the seats are more comfortable.

Does this make the car more appealing? Who knows. Informative bump.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Teching In

Hopefully I can trade for ^^^that R1. Kills two birds with one stone.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by witHonor
The car also has 4-way power adjustable passenger seat. I don't think this is standard, but I'm not positive. My brother, who has a 2000 T/A, is jealous because the seats are more comfortable.
anyone know anything about this?? I never heard of a 2001 ws6 having upgraded seats/more power options.