Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

FS: 2001 Camaro Z/28 6-speed, Clean! Low Miles!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 2001 Camaro Z/28 6-speed, Clean! Low Miles!

After much deliberation, I've decided to put my babied 2001 Z/28 up for sale. The car has only 35,xxx miles... suffice to say, I don't drive it nearly enough to justify making monthly payments on it (I guess I'm getting too responsible...). The car is very clean, as you can tell from the pictures, and I've seriously babied & pampered this thing since I've owned it (since ~20,000 miles and approximately 3 years now).

I've performed regular maintenance on it - changing the oil every 3,000 miles religiously with full synthetic. Also, at 25,000 miles, I flushed and changed all the fluids in the car (coolant, brake fluid, trans fluid, rear-end, and power steering). At this time, I also changed the front brake pads, fuel filter, and air filter. This car runs and drives like new!

The car has always been garaged, but also driven. Therefore, the car has no door dings or dents. However, the car does have some minor stone chips in the nose area - something that is typical for these cars. Also, there is a small chip missing out of the driver's side door panel (see photo). This was from something getting caught between the seat & the door without noticing, then shutting the door. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd disclose it.

I've never raced the car - I bought it as a commuter car for work. I have no idea what it runs in the quarter mile, nor do I know what rwhp it is, so don't ask. There are numerous people on the board with similar (if not the same exact) mods, so I assume it will be along those lines.

The car & factory options:
2001 Camaro z/28
6-speed manual transmission
Monsoon Audio system
power windows
power locks
power driver's seat
Cloth seats

The mods:
Only a few minor mods on this car, I have listed all of them as follows:
- SLP lid - purchased new ~4,000 miles ago.
- Hurst Pro 5.0 Shifter
- Mac Mid Headers, y-pipe, & O2 simulators - purchased off a member here. I completely stripped the headers & y and refinished them in flat black. They still look brand new after ~5,000 miles on the car. I took great care to make sure they were properly cleaned and oil/dirt free prior to finishing, so the finishing should last quite a while. The y-pipe has "false" (gutted) cats, but it still passes the strict PA emissions tests with the help of the O2 simulators installed on the car.
- CAGS (skip-shift) eliminator.
- AC Delco Iridium spark plugs - installed during header install (~5,000 miles ago)
- MSD 8.5mm spark plug wires - Installed during header install.
- Eagle alloy rims & Bridgestone Fuzion 275/40/r17 tires. These were on the car when I bought it. The tires are dated 04/2004, so by the records on the car, the tires have ~20,000 miles on them (absolute worst case). Also has some chevy mud flaps on it (I think they look good, but to each his own).
- Infinity Kappy 62.5i speakers in the front. Installed over last summer... these are barely broken in!
- Optima Red-top battery. About 2 years old.

The extras (see photos):
In addition to the car, I'll also provide everything I have related to the car (since I probably won't use this stuff for a VERY long time):
- 2x BRAND NEW 275/40/r17 Goodyear Eagle M&T snow tires - I bought these from a fellow member who never used them. I got them as a Just-in-case for one winter, when my winter beater was in questionable shape. I never even wound up mounting these, and I definitely don't think I'll ever use them (since my new winter beater is now my Daily driver car).
- Motive Product Power Brake Bleeder - used once. It really made flushing the brake system a breeze...
- 2 cases of Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic Oil - I won't be using this on my DD, and I think it will go to a much better cause if I give it with the car.
- Meguiar's Clay bar kit- I used one clay bar on the car, but there is still 1 clay bar left, as well as the remaining products.
- 2 unused bottles of Black Magic Protectant (primarily for rubber parts).
- 2 unused bottles of Nano protectant (for leather & vinyl parts).
- Haynes manual - yes, it's not as good as the factory manuals, but it helps for the basics.
- 1 gallon of unused Zerex DexCool antifreeze.
- 2 new purolator premium oil filters
- The original spark plug wires (if you want them)
- The original battery (i keep it charged, so it's still in good shape, if you want it).
- The original exhaust manifolds, catalytic converters, and y-pipe. Nice, if you feel like going back to stock.

I never had a problem with the car. I originally bought the car as a driver, but since I've got winter beater about 18 months ago (a 2001 kia sephia), I simply don't drive this car anymore. I think I put about 4,000 miles on it in the past year. Most of this was from driving the car around for about 30 minutes every week or two, just to keep the fluids mixed, and the gas from going stale....

Going back to school for my MBA is really getting me involved with investing my money (therefore, I'm getting really cheap), and I can't justify a monthly expense on something I only use for 30 minutes every two weeks.

I'm asking $11,500. The price is OBO; however, do a little research, and you'll see that I priced this more than fairly. I also have a vehicle history report for anyone who wants it. There is a lien on the car, so you will have to wait ~2 weeks for me to get the title from National City. This shouldn't be an issue for anyone, unless you're a dealer looking for a quick-flip profit on the car. This board has been good to me, so I'll give the members first dibs on the car. If it doesn't sell, it's off to autotrader or other alternative selling methods. I'm open to shipping the car, but this will be at the buyer's expense.

I can take any photos or provide more information upon request. Just let me know what you're looking for.

Photos below. Additional photos at
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q309/bjm8/?start=all

Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Very nice Z28, good luck man!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Messages Sent..

I sent a message regarding the car. Let me know if you got the 2 messages I sent. Serious buyer willing to travel. This site doesn't make it easy to get in touch. A good site nonetheless. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2008, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Last time bugging you..

Really like the car, hope to get a chance at it. PA seller too! I miss PA!

Last edited by JosephIV; 03-21-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: realized I may have broken a rule. I'm new at this.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Wow this is exactly what I have been looking for. If i sell my car soon you'll definitely be hearing back from me.
Old 03-22-2008, 03:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love seeing Camaros that have been taken care of and not punked out, bump for a sweet deal!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Teching In

I have a 2003 Accord with 84,000 mi on it, and title in hand. Would you consider trade?
Old 03-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Teching In

I'm really picky about trades. Right now I'm only interested in the following:

- A cruiser motorcycle: Namely, a Harley VRSC-DX, Honda Shadow / VTX, Yamaha V-star/V-Max/Warrior, Kawasaki Vulcan MeanStreak / Classic
- *maybe* a (VERY CHEAP) miata roller, to be used as a project car

Other than that, I can't justify the monetary or garage-space cost of an additional vehicle.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hello, i am VERY interested, are you willing to meet somewhere so i can take a look at it?

i live in pittsburgh so its a far drive for me, hopefully you are willing to make it just a tiny bit less

send me a PM and tell me whats up

thanks!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

how about a trade for an 05 suzukia hayabusa???

I wish I wasnt trying to buy a house right now!!!!! I'de be all over this car sooo bad!
Old 03-24-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Deposit sent this morning, can't wait to see this car in my garage! Seller is very nice and intelligent. A joy to deal with!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Lots of interest in the car! I wasn't expecting so much! (guess I priced it too low...).

Anywho, there is a sale pending. Regardless of the outcome of the transaction (sale / no sale), I'll let all interested parties know the outcome.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Nice car..

Hooray! This car now sits in my garage. I can finally drive it now that the weather has cleared. Brett (the seller) was a joy to work with and the car is everything that I wanted. I can't wait to start modding and driving!