Vehicles For Sale - LSX Powered ONLY ONLY LSX POWERED VEHICLES - NO TRADES UNLESS YOUR VEHICLE IS LSX POWERED!!!!!!

Feeler: 98 Trans Am $6000

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeler: 98 Trans Am $6000

Here's the deal. I've had this car since May 07. Had 113k when I got it, now has 134k. My dad's partner in business financed it for me, so I have paid exactly half of the car off. He has the clear TX title in hand (title is in my name). I am the 4th owner, and the car has been in TX its whole life (bought new in Austin, last 3 owners all lived in Austin).

I have a bunch of paperwork for maintenance done to the car previously. I'll include it all. Oil changes, misc small parts, tires, etc.

The monthly payment, and gas prices are just a little much for me right now. I do miss having a regular daily driver with low maintenance that doesn't use much gas.

Here's everything about the car:

98 Trans Am
Black w/ grey interior
134k miles
A4 (shifts great, no problems whatsoever). Polyurethane tranny mount is also in currently
Motive 2 series 3.73's (I'll throw in my old 2.73's if you ever decide to switch)
SLP Lid (Pretty sure its a SLP, I'll double check)
2k miles on rear tires
34k miles on front tires (still 70% tread left)
Aftermarket deck with amp, door speakers, tweeters, mid speakers all aftermarket (sounds a lot better than my old monsoon system)
Removed power antenna (made noise going up often) with a shortened manual antenna. Picks up stations the same as it did before.

Car is bone stock other than 3.73's and a lid. Speedo is calibrated of course. Stock tune.

Never dyno'd the car, only taken it to the track 3 times since I've owned it. Once bone stock, once with the lid, once with the gears. I ran a 13.31 @ 105 2.0 60ft in 65 degree air. Car runs great. No issues with anything. I average 17-19 mpg often. When I do more highway, it's 20-21 mpg. Never taken a full trip on the highway.

Here's the only things the car needs, and its just small stuff.

-Driver seat has typical tear spot, wear pattern. Seat has a little tilt to it, something may be broken, or loose?
-One small tear in headliner
-No t-top covers (didnt come with them)
-1 lugnut missing (when gear change was done, there was a wheel lock, but my key didn't fit it)
-Car may need an alignment, or just the front end checked out. Steering wheel has some play in it, but drives straight.
-Pass. side door has a small spot where the clearcoat is peeling. This was here when I bought the car, and it hasn't gotton any worse.
-Front end has some rock chips, mainly on the hood. Some of these were on the car when I got it, some happened just because.
-Right front wheel never looks like the others when clean. May need a extensive polishing job, I would just replace it with another one.

The car has a clean carfax. The only thing I have found replaced is the front right fender. Everything else is OEM. As far as I know, the car has the original paint still, except for the pass. front fender.

All in all, the car is great. I change the oil every 3500 miles with just regular Valvoline 10w30. Does not leak any type of fluids, and everytime I check the oil it is always full.

The tranny fluid was last changed at 73k, so it could use a fluid and filter change. The fluid still has the red/pinkish tint to it, not too dark. Tranny shifts great in every gear. 1-2 shifts very firm, the rest are nice and solid.

The 3.73's do whine some, but nothing compared to my old 4.10's in my other TA.

Hopefully I covered everything. I'll add anything else if it comes to mind.

I am looking for $6k, or a equal trade for a daily driver. Right now I have my mind set on a 2dr Honda Accord. 5spd preferably, but an auto would work.

Onto the pics. I have waxed the car 4 times since I've owned it, and the paint comes out very shiny for a 98.

I'm located in San Antonio, Tx.

Last edited by MattIROC; 04-22-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Great car, if I wasnt currently paying for my car. I'd be after this one. Exactly what Im looking for minus the ws6 hood. The best part is im located in New Braunfels.

I guess for me its the right car at the wrong time . Best of luck with your sale. Interior looks great for 134k, and no cracks in interior? nice.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Bump, clean car and a smokin deal for someone wanting to get into an LS1 car. If I didn't already have a black t/a I'd be all over this.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

looking for a possible trade???
Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 AM
On The Tree

I've got an '04 Intrepid with the smaller v6 and right around 100k. Good shape inside and out, excellent gas mileage. LMK if you're interested.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

pitbull & 2k1 - thanks!

gopher - I would consider some type of 4cyl Honda as a trade. Even trade, trade + cash. It just depends what you have. I'm just looking for a reliable "blender" that won't give me any problems.

scotty - check your PMs.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Here's some things I noticed while going over my thread that has changed or is different than what is shown in the pictures. I took these pictures about 3 or 4 months after I got the car and cleaned it up real well. Nothing looks different as far as the car is concerned. Just what is listed.

-Center taillight piece I completely took all the faded red off, so it is just black now, but the outline is still there (up close).
-Stock air lid is shown, I now have a black lid that used to have stickers on them, but is nice.
-Power antenna shown in picture, now has a shorty antenna.
-Rear tires are a different brand than the fronts now, but only have 2k on them.
-I need to put a new bulb in one foglight, one is currently out. I don't ever use them anyways.
-Pass. side skirt, on the very front a small piece of it is gone. I just noticed this about 2 months ago, no idea how it happened. No other damage was found. This was not on the car when I bought it.
-I removed the side moldings off the car completely, including the middle part.
-Texas registration sticker was just renewed as of last month. Inspection runs out this month.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Default pm'ed

very interested
Old 05-25-2008, 12:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

got a 97 v6 Bird that gets great gas mileage that id trade ya. pic in sig. Lemme know!

Vinny
Old 05-25-2008, 08:33 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you were closer I'd trade ya my 94 Z
Attached Thumbnails Feeler: 98 Trans Am 00-picture-012edit.jpg   Feeler: 98 Trans Am 00-picture-019edit.jpg  
Old 05-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Default pm'ed

im 2 hours away is this car still for sale?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

SOLD! Good meeting you Danny (AmericanMuscle830) Enjoy the car!

Quick Reply: Feeler: 98 Trans Am $6000