Clean third gen Camaro- 1991 Z28 Hardtop, Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:05 PM
TOWN CRIER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clean third gen Camaro- 1991 Z28 Hardtop, Atlanta, GA

Not sure if anybody here has any interest, figured it's worth a try....

I have a 1991 Camaro Z28 Hardtop with fresh paint up for sale. The car is a G92 5.7 automatic hardtop car, a great foundation for a serious street car. It is tastefully and conservatively modified, here's the highlights. The car is in Atlanta, GA and I am asking $5000 as is, negotiable without the Ronals, I have a brand new set of 245/50R16s I can put on the car and knock some off the top.

The suspension has been upgraded with an adjustable torque arm, tubular panhard bar, lcas, and alluminum differential girdle. It has factory 4 wheel discs that have been rebuilt in the past 4 months along with factory Z28 springs, 3.42 posi, and 36/24mm sway bars. The car also has Alston subframe connectors.

The engine has been upgraded with 24 lbs injectors, SLP coated headers and loudmouth cat back, and K&N filters with the TPIS airfoil. The transmission has recently been rebuilt with a mild stall converter and shift kit, shifts nice and firm, but not jerky at all. The A/C has been removed and the correct idler and non-A/C heater box installed, the fan still operates as it should. The car is very solid and runs very well, it's not the fastest thing out there, but it is an excellent daily driver and I wouldn't (and don't) hesitate to drive it anywhere.

The body is straight and the paint is brand new, the original matched Ultra Blue metallic was resprayed with PPG base coat/clear coat. It also has 17x9.5 Ronal "Firehawk" R15 wheels and brand new (not even 100 miles on them) 275/40ZR17 tires all the way around. The Ronals had never had tires installed on them before the current tires were mounted, so they are brand new as well, no dents, scratches, curb rash or anything.

The interior is not the best. The seats are worn and the carpet could use a good cleaning or could just be replaced. The windows still operate (slow, like they all are) and it has a nice Alpine CD player and speakers, so it hasn't ever bothered me enough to dig into it. The dash is original, the gauges work and nothing is hacked up at all. The electrical on this car is excellent, I have messed with a lot of thirdgens and this is not usually the case.

The only problems with the car are as follows (being as honest as possible):

-The midsection of the exhaust needs to be redone, the cats are toast. I have a replacement section sitting in storage ready to go.

-The dipstick tube broke off when I was poking around the exhaust system and I haven't found a new one yet, it does spit out a little bit of oil due to that. I am actively looking for one, so that should not be an issue for long.

-The hatch pull down doesn't pull down, common problem, the hatch still latches and doesn't leak, so I haven't worried about it, but it is broken and does need to be mentioned.

-As mentioned above, the interior could use a little love, it was a daily driver for a long time and shows a good bit of wear from that.

-Because it was a daily driver for a long time and it is an 18 year old car it does have almost 230k miles on it. The engine is the original one, and has had Mobil 1 in it as long as myself and the previous owner (also a member here) have owned it. I know that scares a lot of people off, but the thing really does run great. It doesn't smoke on start up, and doesn't have any noticeable loss of power, the thing still runs 13s for sheets sake.

My plan with this car was to eventually do an LSx swap with it and keep it forever, but I have had some personal things come up in my life and could use the money instead of pouring it into this thing. It would make a great driver as is, and like I mentioned above is an excellent foundation to build a bad *** street car on. It is a hardtop and the suspension, chassis and body are already taken care of. If it doesn't sell, (I will not give it away... I'll just have to make other sacrifices) I won't be heartbroken, I have always wanted a blue 91-92 Z28 and love this car to death and would love to finish my dream of having an LS1/6 speed thirdgen in the next few years.

Another incentive: whoever buys the car has free reign to pick and choose any of the thirdgen parts I have laying around as well, there is an entire basement full of crap I have collected over the years among the 23 (yes, literally 23) thirdgens I have owned. (I have been on TGO since the beginning, my username got lost along the way somewhere and I rejoined in 6 years ago). I also have a good quality car cover that will go with the car.

Enough with the novel, PM me any questions and here are some pictures, I have a lot more as needed.....

Old 05-18-2009, 10:41 PM
TOWN CRIER

Ttt.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

I'm interested, and I'll PM you tomorrow with more info during my lunch break.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

PM'd.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
TOWN CRIER

Up TTT again....
Old 05-24-2009, 04:16 AM
TOWN CRIER

TTT for the Sunday crew....
Old 07-15-2009, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

would you be willing to sell just the ronals+tires?
Old 07-15-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

L98 is the engine code.nice looking hard top
Old 07-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Teching In

Nice *** Thirdgen

Quick Reply: Clean third gen Camaro- 1991 Z28 Hardtop, Atlanta, GA