1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina

70 Pontiac Trans Am body
Needs full restoration!!!

PHS Documented 1970 Trans Am. Clear NC Title The Ram Air III engine and Turbo 400 are long gone but it does still have the 12 bolt rear end. Was Lucerin Blue with Blue interior. NON A/C car. Tilt wheel,P/S and power disc brakes.
704-682-3057
Ponattack1@aol.com
Statesville,NC

What 1973 and older classic car/truck or muscle car have you got to trade?
Attached Thumbnails 1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina-1970-trans-am-lf.jpg  

Last edited by RussellinNC; 12-05-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Still FOR SALE or trade. Cash $8500
Old 11-11-2009, 01:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you would have to put another 30K easy into that car to make anything off it..best of luck to you!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Teching In

Talking

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
you would have to put another 30K easy into that car to make anything off it..best of luck to you!!!
You sure 30k would do it?...Maybe needs 35K? or would 25K get the job done? Didnt know you had already came down to North Carolina and looked over my car. Oh wait...I looked at your other posts on other peoples threads and I see your "Mr Opinion". So how many 70 Trans Ams did they make? How many do you have? What have you seen them priced at? Am I overpriced? Gosh I sure hope not. Best of luck to you as well!!!!

Russell
Old 11-11-2009, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

i wasnt trying to get into a pissing contest with you and never claimed to own one..and i dont know how many they make..hell GM doesnt know wtf they make and how many anymore ..but i am sure dupont registry could tell you..
however to do a restoration right it takes the right parts and the right tools, or atleast the right shop and none of that is cheap to do right. and yeah i do have opinions this whole damn site has em..so cry to somebody else..i never said i inspected your car, just that to do a car like that right is NOT cheap..i never said your car was NOT worth your asking price..
I just wouldnt want to see a car like that Ram Air III car get done half assed. but hey thats just my opinion..
Old 11-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Teching In

Talking

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
i wasnt trying to get into a pissing contest with you and never claimed to own one..and i dont know how many they make..hell GM doesnt know wtf they make and how many anymore ..but i am sure dupont registry could tell you..
however to do a restoration right it takes the right parts and the right tools, or atleast the right shop and none of that is cheap to do right. and yeah i do have opinions this whole damn site has em..so cry to somebody else..i never said i inspected your car, just that to do a car like that right is NOT cheap..i never said your car was NOT worth your asking price..
I just wouldnt want to see a car like that Ram Air III car get done half assed. but hey thats just my opinion..
Smiling here.....You try smiling too. Not crying here...Unless crying from laughter counts? They made a little over 1300 Ram Air III automatic 70 Trans Ams. Your 1st post came off as kind of a bashing post and im sure others would agree. Yes takes lots of money to restore one right and this car deserves it. I like your black car. But thats just my opinion...Now smile and have a great day!!!!

Russell
Old 11-11-2009, 02:16 PM
12 Second Club

aight we cool man np..just wish i had the money to do a ram air III car...best of luck to you ...feel free mods to delete my posts if you should so see fit..
Old 11-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RussellinNC
So how many 70 Trans Ams did they make? How many do you have? What have you seen them priced at? Am I overpriced? Gosh I sure hope not. Best of luck to you as well!!!!

Russell
88....had 1, sold it to the owner of ames performance engineering needing a total resto for 12k, but it ran and drove with a documented service replacement 400 because the original owner blew up 3 ram air IV's and they said no more, and it had a 4 gear

so there
Old 11-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Smile

Originally Posted by SickboyT/A
88....had 1, sold it to the owner of ames performance engineering needing a total resto for 12k, but it ran and drove with a documented service replacement 400 because the original owner blew up 3 ram air IV's and they said no more, and it had a 4 gear

so there
1339 Ram Air III Automatics
1769 Ram Air III 4-speeds Total of 3108 RA III
59 Ram Air IV Automatics
29 Ram Air IV 4-speed cars Total of 88 RA IV

12 grand for your car was a steal...Im sure Steve Ames made it a showcar!!!!

These numbers are from the book "The Fabulous Firebird"

Russell
Old 11-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

some more pics......
Attached Thumbnails 1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina-70-rf.jpg   1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina-70-lr.jpg   1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina-70-lf.jpg   1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina-70-r-quarter.jpg   1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina-70-12-bolt.jpg  

Old 12-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Still FOR SALE or TRADE
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RussellinNC
You sure 30k would do it?...Maybe needs 35K? or would 25K get the job done? Didnt know you had already came down to North Carolina and looked over my car. Oh wait...I looked at your other posts on other peoples threads and I see your "Mr Opinion". So how many 70 Trans Ams did they make? How many do you have? What have you seen them priced at? Am I overpriced? Gosh I sure hope not. Best of luck to you as well!!!!

Russell
Good for you man! I hate these broke dick opinionated punks that blast everyone's classified adds. Free Bump, goodluck!
Old 12-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Project382
Good for you man! I hate these broke dick opinionated punks that blast everyone's classified adds. Free Bump, goodluck!
He and I are cool on things now. He didnt mean to bash my post. It just sounded that way. Thanks for the free bump!!!!! True though that some people do just wanna stay on forums and talk junk and they only have a moped that is 2 payments behind and about to be taken from them by the repo man!!!

Russell
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if people dont have anything nice to say,they should'nt say anything at all.....free bump for a good guy to deal with....

Quick Reply: 1970 Trans Am body in North Carolina