WTT: Honda Del Sol SI for Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow WTT: Honda Del Sol SI for Camaro

Hey guys, I'm listing my 1993 Honda Del Sol SI in an attempt to trade for a Camaro. I am located in NC. This is more for people with a 93-97 LT1 Z28...not because i am not interested in a LS1, but because those are more valuable than this car and i do not want to add much, if any, cash on top. I DO NOT want a V6. I would also be interested in LT1 Firebirds or many years of the Mustang GT's or Cobras. The paint is silverstone, which is a honda s2000 color. The paint code is nh-630m. I had a s2000 before this car which was silverstone and love that color. It is beautiful. The car is mechanically EXCELLENT. The motor and 5 speed tranny have recently been replaced with a motor/tranny bought from a local auto parts supplier (Beaver's). THEY ARE NOT A DIFFERENT MOTOR/TRANNY THAN WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN THIS CAR. This is not one of the typical Hondas where people swap a different motor to go faster and have all kinds of issues afterwards. The motor before the swap was a D16Z6 and the tranny was a S20. The ones replaced were the exact same but with only 62,000 miles! The motor and tranny alone, cost me $1,100 from Beaver's. The install cost $750 from a VERY respectable and knowledgable mechanic. So all together, the swap cost me about $2,000. It was very much worth it, though, and the car runs like new. The white that you see on the valve cover in one of the pictures was just a barcode that was across the whole valve cover, that i attempted to pull off but it didn't come off well.

The Del Sol runs perfectly. The body has 170k. The motor and tranny only have 62,000 miles. There are absolutely no grinds from the tranny. The clutch is only about 8,000 miles old. The engine DOES NOT smoke whatsoever. It also does not burn oil which is very unique and excellent for small Honda motors. In regards to gas mileage, it does incredibly. The car only holds 10 gallons. I get roughly 330-340 in town and over 400 on the interstate. So the car gets around 33-34 in the city and about 41 on the highway. It is VERY good on gas and makes a great daily driver. The ONLY reason i want to trade is because i miss the power of a camaro. I used to have a 1994 camaro z28 about three years ago. This del sol only weighs 2,050 pounds and has the top of the line D16Z6 engine with 130 hp, but you have to rev it to get the full potential out of it. I am not an aggressive driver so i do not let it get in high rpm's. This car is basically unmodded and is adult driven. It has been VERY well maintained and is probably one of the most reliable cars you will ever have. It also handles extremely well. The tires on it are in great condition as well. The car has a CLEAN TITLE and i would prefer a manual camaro but will consider all z28's. PM me or email me at kilgothephenom@yahoo.com for further details. Thanks! On to the pics!

Last edited by kilgothephenom; 03-05-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

u looking for trades only? how much outright?
Old 03-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
u looking for trades only? how much outright?
I've had a couple interested people off of Craigslist.com ask me the same thing. At first, i ONLY wanted to trade because it is my only car at this moment. But i would be willing to sell for somewhere around $4,500. I'd just like to get enough to where i'd be able to buy, or close to being able to buy a LT1 Camaro. I paid $4,150 for the car when i first bought it and have spent about $2,000 with the new motor and transmission, so i think $4,500 is more than fair.

I'd also be interested in a trade for a LT1 Firebird or many years of the Mustang GT's. I would prefer a Camaro Z28, though.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

It's something I would be interested in but I don't think you're willing to trade + cash on your part..
Need to get this GT gone and have a car that's paid off. I would like to do a 240sx LS1 swap here sometime soon.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99camarosupersport
It's something I would be interested in but I don't think you're willing to trade + cash on your part..
Need to get this GT gone and have a car that's paid off. I would like to do a 240sx LS1 swap here sometime soon.
yes, i just noticed you were selling a mustang. it is very nice but too new for me. im sure you'd want quite a bit on top and im only looking to add hundreds on top (if any),...not thousands.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Staging Lane

all pm's replied to
Old 03-05-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
yes, i just noticed you were selling a mustang. it is very nice but too new for me. im sure you'd want quite a bit on top and im only looking to add hundreds on top (if any),...not thousands.
Understandable, free bump
Old 03-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

i have added more pictures to my first post as requested by a few interested members.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

i may consider selling it outright for cash as well.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

bump!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lmfao..
Old 03-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Lots of offers thus far, but nothing concrete. Shoot me those trade offers...LT1's welcome!
Old 03-09-2008, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

your gonna need alot of luck or an idiot to get 4500 out of that. thats what the b16 del sols go for in better shape
Old 03-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

first thing is i am trying to trade it not sell it for cash. secondly, the del sol's that have the b16 that go for this much have the original motor and tranny in them. this has a NEW motor and tranny. it drives like new. you also say better shape, yet there are no flaws anywhere on this car. you will not find a cleaner or more solid del sol than this one for this price. and the price is just thrown out there. i want to trade and i in fact, have an 11 second mustang gt i am checking out tomorrow, as well as a LT1 camaro tuesday, so guess again.

Originally Posted by MOLESTER
your gonna need alot of luck or an idiot to get 4500 out of that. thats what the b16 del sols go for in better shape
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kilgothephenom
yet there are no flaws anywhere on this car.
dent in the right quarter panel. dented rear bumper. ripped seat. cracked door panel. torn carpet.

thats just what i cen see in the photos you provided. FAR from flawless bud
Old 03-09-2008, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

but hey im not trying to start any arguments so good luck.
Old 03-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Ok thanks. Mechanically it is flawless. The paint is also perfect. There are some small body imperfections. Thanks for pointing that out, though. Im just looking for trades and have had a $4,100 cash offer from a local North Carolinian who saw my ad on Craigslist. I turned it down because i have a few trade offers I want to check out first. One of which, I am seeing today (Mustang GT).

Originally Posted by MOLESTER
but hey im not trying to start any arguments so good luck.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

Bump! Still for trade. The mustang GT was extremely fast but was too "hardcore" for my tastes. It didn't have power anything, not A/C compatiable, steered like a boat, smelled like gas, etc. It was very quick, though. But that obviously isn't all that matters since this will be my DD.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

SOLD! Just bought a LS1!!! I'll post pics soon.

Quick Reply: WTT: Honda Del Sol SI for Camaro