Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Who would be interested in a West Coast LS/LT shootout?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Chris own a GN?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
9 Second Club

Cool fastbird.... yeah we want to get as much interest in this as possible....

And SS yes Chris owns a GN.... A totalled GN... he flipped it in sacto a few weeks ago.... 7 second car....

Cam, checked and replied..
Old 10-22-2008, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Chris is a cool *** guy. If he's behind this I'm in...
Old 10-22-2008, 08:13 PM
9 Second Club

Chris is a cool *** guy. If he's behind this I'm in...
I can get him involved..... nothing but a phone call.. he has a Z06 too that he'd probably race in the event...
Old 10-23-2008, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

im willing to help down here in socal. PM me if you want help. Id like to get the clubs here involved, we have plenty of them. we can also get some of the local shops involved. I just have on request...NO BRACKET RACING!!!!!!! I think i can speak for most when i say, that crap sucks. We all wanna run our cars, not necessarily worry about the car in the other lane.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

im down if my pile is running
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Juiced
im down if my pile is running
Whats up with all your different account names?
Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this event were to happen would it be on street tires only? The current Fomoso track rental is only for cars running street tires...
Old 10-23-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
If this event were to happen would it be on street tires only? The current Fomoso track rental is only for cars running street tires...
WTF?!?!

Are ET streets considered street tires? not radials, but the "street slicks". I know people who have used them as their street tires.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:48 AM
9 Second Club

im willing to help down here in socal. PM me if you want help. Id like to get the clubs here involved, we have plenty of them. we can also get some of the local shops involved. I just have on request...NO BRACKET RACING!!!!!!! I think i can speak for most when i say, that crap sucks. We all wanna run our cars, not necessarily worry about the car in the other lane.
I'll PM You today once I draft some stuff up on classes/rules etc.....

The only thing I say about the bracket racing is that it brings out alot of cars that might not be able to compete in heads up classes... I do hear what you are saying but if you look at ANY event especially LS1/LT1 events the bracket classes are always packed.... And we'll need as many cars as we can get.... So i'll take a look a classes and figure some stuff out and we'll go from there.... I'm thinking about having a few classes like street stock (pretty much bone stock save for maybe mufflers, cold air intake)... then have a bolt on only class, naturally aspirated, single power adder, then an outlaw class for the big boys.... Of course these are just thrown out there.....

As far as the deal with street tires only that is the first time I have EVER heard of something like this... Tires will be dealt with inside the rules in the seperate classes themselves.... If the track itself has a rule against slicks then we'll have to investigate that.... cause if so that's gay.... when i say it'll be in the rules I mean that street stock for example will require street tires or drag radials ONLY. No ET street slicks, or full slicks... The other classes could allow any size DR's or a 28x10.5 slick. If you run a W tire you go to outlaw for example.... Level out the playing field by using tire size as a limitation.... I'll get more info today and start working some stuff....
Old 10-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
Nice....

who's car??? got any vids of pics of it????
i think hes talking about the 1/8th
Old 10-23-2008, 11:06 AM
9 Second Club

think hes talking about the 1/8th
Well it's very possible. Socal is pretty friggin big and dudes down there throw alot of cash around.....

I just have never HEARD or SEEN said phantom LS1 car. And if it ran 8.6 you would most likely have heard of the car on the nationwide LS sections and lists..... Does it RUN 8.6's or does it have the capability or rear wheel HP to run 8.60's but actually runs low 10's???? LOL....

so where are these pics/vids of this 8.60 car with an LS motor in it????
Old 10-23-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OutlawZ
I'll PM You today once I draft some stuff up on classes/rules etc.....

The only thing I say about the bracket racing is that it brings out alot of cars that might not be able to compete in heads up classes... I do hear what you are saying but if you look at ANY event especially LS1/LT1 events the bracket classes are always packed.... And we'll need as many cars as we can get.... So i'll take a look a classes and figure some stuff out and we'll go from there.... I'm thinking about having a few classes like street stock (pretty much bone stock save for maybe mufflers, cold air intake)... then have a bolt on only class, naturally aspirated, single power adder, then an outlaw class for the big boys.... Of course these are just thrown out there.....

As far as the deal with street tires only that is the first time I have EVER heard of something like this... Tires will be dealt with inside the rules in the seperate classes themselves.... If the track itself has a rule against slicks then we'll have to investigate that.... cause if so that's gay.... when i say it'll be in the rules I mean that street stock for example will require street tires or drag radials ONLY. No ET street slicks, or full slicks... The other classes could allow any size DR's or a 28x10.5 slick. If you run a W tire you go to outlaw for example.... Level out the playing field by using tire size as a limitation.... I'll get more info today and start working some stuff....
Let me know if you need any help
Old 10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Jason, when were you thinkin for this? im sure a ton of us from Sac would be down to come.... if anything to watch/support!
Old 10-23-2008, 01:03 PM
9 Second Club

I'm thinking sometime in the spring...... Maybe like March or April...... It would need enough lead time of course to attract sponsors, secure the track, and give ppl enough time to start getting ready to trailer out there..... I'll be doing some homework and advertising it on ALL the local boards very soon.... I can't see why we couldn't have a hundred cars....
Old 10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Man sounds like an event to go down in the books for sure! let us know if you need any help with anything! Gives a lot of us the winter to prepare for it mod-wise also! Looking forward to this!

I NEED A 12 BOLT! lol
Old 10-23-2008, 01:50 PM
9 Second Club

Yup, keep this thread alive and get the word out that I would like to do this. I'm willing to organize but I also want to race in the event... it might be hard to do....

I'll be pushing the event on Norcal-LS1 tonight as well as some of the local car club like FastGM's in San Jose and a few others.... I think I can gather a TON of interest from up here.... I will need a graphic artist to try and come up with some event flyers and start working on gathering pictures.. someone that is good with photoshop and can put together an event flyer.....

I can get tons of pictures on here or other places for the person who vols up to do some artwork for a media announcement of the race.....

I could also try and see if GMHTP would like to come out to cover the event. They are in LA so it wouldn't be that far for them to come.....
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

im downnn... SOCAL baby!!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Teching In

I would definitely be interested in running my car. By the time this event comes up my car should be track ready.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:31 AM

I talked to a guy tonight at irwindale that said he is down for sure to represent so cal. Ran 6.2X on motor tonight, and yes its LS based. His name is Eric with a Red WS6

As for the 8.60 LSX car I was ******* around. Not too sure on whats the fastest down here.

Quick Reply: Who would be interested in a West Coast LS/LT shootout?