Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got My Car IMPOUNDED!!!!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by transambandit
Good lord how do you remember to breathe? Jesus some dumb ******* people running around the world, this post make absolutely no sense and you just sound like a redneck who just got done ******* his sister and is now trying to figure out "that there intranets." Shut up until you have something useful to post.
OMG!!!!!!!!!1!!!1!!!

This was the most useful post I have rear in my life
Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you got busted doing something, and are just really surprised you got caught. You don't know exactly where he was when he saw you do the turn (burnout).

Good luck.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

**** the police PERIOD
those ****** are already getting to me when i take my t/a for a spin
Old 11-19-2008, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

ahhh the $1300 impound fee... been there done that.. sorry buddy, it sucks
Old 11-19-2008, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Thepheroe
The truth i might had punched it but not burned out but he says he has pictures....LMFAO even if i did burn out theres a big *** hill and u can not see to the other side well he said that he was pumping gas in back of the station and theres a black fence that u cant see threw ,idk and if he does have pictures they might be from tuns of ppl that leave marks there idk im still fighting this!!!
Originally Posted by transambandit
Thats internet code for "yes i totally did a burn out"
Old 11-19-2008, 10:38 AM
Staging Lane

Sucks that your car got impounded.

A 30 day hold is usually for no license/insurance. If someone other than the owner was driving, the owner can usually get the car back. If the driver had no license/insurance, sometimes they want that taken care of before they will release the car to the owner.

Ryph
Old 11-19-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS#2906
Sounds like good advice......................but how EXACTLY is he gonna do that??

Bottom line, he did something he wasn't supposed to and got busted for it. It's gonna be the Deputy's word against his, how do you prove that you didn't do the burnout.

To the OP, I'm sorry that your car was impounded, but you have to be careful on the streets. There isn't much you can do about it other than prolong the court date (extensions) and then request a "Trial by Declaration" and then hope that the Deputy doesn't show. Otherwise, you pay the fines, take the points (isn't it 2 points for exhibition of speed?), and learn from your mistakes.

Next time try to keep the burnouts on the dragstrip!
actually he doesnt have to prove himself of being innocent the cop has to prove him of being guilty. Seriously, I dont believe you, I think your not telling us something.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

i Aint got to lie last night my dad went to try to get my car back by speaking to the watch commander and failed but the cop that pulled me over spoke with my dad and said that he " herd "me burning out but he was waiting to finish pumping gas to pull me over this sounds like bullshit to me seriously!!!how would he know it was me ????why because i was the nearest car around that seemed fast,or he could have supposably seen me but the truth is you can not see threw the big gate thats black and yet alone across the rail road tracks y? bc you can not see across the other side of the tracks and yet alone with all that construction things on top thats been there for months ...so **** him!!
later on im going to go take pictures and u be the judge...
Old 11-19-2008, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
actually he doesnt have to prove himself of being innocent the cop has to prove him of being guilty. Seriously, I dont believe you, I think your not telling us something.
Not really, you're the one that has to prove the Deputy wrong when he issued the citation. Besides, but who do you think the judge is gonna believe? a guy in a Camaro who says he didn't burnout, or a "sworn to protect" police deputy?

This isn't a crime scene, so you do really think that CSI is gonna come in to test thread patterns, and hook him up to a polygraph test to see if he's lying??
Old 11-19-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

i Aint got to lie last night my dad went to try to get my car back by speaking to the watch commander and failed but the cop that pulled me over spoke with my dad and said that he " herd "me burning out but he was waiting to finish pumping gas to pull me over this sounds like bullshit to me seriously!!!how would he know it was me ????why because i was the nearest car around that seemed fast,or he could have supposably seen me but the truth is you can not see threw the big gate thats black and yet alone across the rail road tracks y? bc you can not see across the other side of the tracks and yet alone with all that construction things on top thats been there for months ...so **** him!!
later on im going to go take pictures and u be the judge...
I guess its possible..... there are some piece of **** cops out there, anyways, good luck man I hope you get your car back.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not really, you're the one that has to prove the Deputy wrong when he issued the citation. Besides, but who do you think the judge is gonna believe? a guy in a Camaro who says he didn't burnout, or a "sworn to protect" police deputy?

This isn't a crime scene, so you do really think that CSI is gonna come in to test thread patterns, and hook him up to a polygraph test to see if he's lying??
are you sure, cuz I thought it was innocent until proven guilty
Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 PM
On The Tree

I guess its possible..... there are some piece of **** cops out there, anyways, good luck man I hope you get your car back.
yea thanx bro
Old 11-19-2008, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

o geezzz...u know u punched it and prolly made some noise with the tires and he prolly heard your car...the cop prolly guessed it was u and he was right...man up, wait 30 days, pay the fine, and move on...yes the cop is prolly a dick but when u play u better be ready to pay...
Old 11-19-2008, 01:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

are you sure, cuz I thought it was innocent until proven guilty
Technically you are right, but at the moment when the deputy issues a citation you are basically GUILTY of an action. That is why they ask you in traffic court whether you plead GUILTY, NOT GUILTY, or NO CONTEST (key word being GUILTY).

The "Innocent until proven guilty" crap only applies in criminal courts, not traffic.

Unless the OP can, without a doubt, prove to the judge that it wasn't him (which he already admitted to), that "he didn't see me" crap isn't gonna work.

But hey, I guess it's worth a shot if you have the time of day to spend at court. Otherwise, he should concentrate on getting the car out of the impound to avoid the charges.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

Technically you are right, but at the moment when the deputy issues a citation you are basically GUILTY of an action. That is why they ask you in traffic court whether you plead GUILTY, NOT GUILTY, or NO CONTEST (key word being GUILTY).

The "Innocent until proven guilty" crap only applies in criminal courts, not traffic.

Unless the OP can, without a doubt, prove to the judge that it wasn't him (which he already admitted to), that "he didn't see me" crap isn't gonna work.

But hey, I guess it's worth a shot if you have the time of day to spend at court. Otherwise, he should concentrate on getting the car out of the impound to avoid the charges.
this sitation is criminal just to let u know
Old 11-19-2008, 02:19 PM
TECH Addict

lmao

"Join us next week, as the gang catches the burn-out madman"
Old 11-19-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

this sitation is criminal just to let u know

What is the violation code used for the citation 23109a, or 23109c?
Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

What is the violation code used for the citation 23109a, or 23109c?
vc 23109
Old 11-19-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

vc 23109
Is a specific section violation used? usually marked by (a) (b) (c)

23109 is a speed contest citation, and you said you were marked 30mph in a 25mph, so where the vehicle does not exceed the speed limits, is not a speed contest.

Either way you would have to put up the bail amount before you can take this to trial. Depending on the sub code, it can be anywhere from $1,000-$10,000

How do you know it is criminal? the citations usually specify only TRAFFIC or NON-TRAFFIC.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your not listening, the only way to get your car back before the 30 days is an auto detective has to release it, if they wont release it then you request an impound hearing, then you go in front of the judge and explain what happened, and if the cop truly didnt see you, only heard you then there is no way he can impound your ride.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got My Car IMPOUNDED!!!!