Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

"GM: We Made Bad Cars — Sorry"...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
slowly my car is becoming a car that only is a gm frame. I hate gm for giving me:

Shitty Decarbon Shocks and a 4" Lift Spring
Slow Window Motors that die at 25k
An A4 Tranny that was rated for a 4 Cylinder
A Rearend that was meant for an S10 with 110 hp
A PCV system that eats more oil than my grandma's 1970 oldsmobile
26 lb/hr injectors
A battery tray that my 3 yr old cousin could break
A fuel pump that dies the first time it is run low
Crappy Rod Bolts
Sqeaky rubber bushings
stamped sheet metal suspension parts

Anyone else want to add to the list?

Maybe you should hate your self for CHOOSING a GM then. I never had a single problem with my 93 z28 till decided to **** with it after 126,000. Dont like our car get rid of it.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:07 AM
Launching!

A Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (Ford Motors) decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.

On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.

The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action.

Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 7 people steering and 2 people rowing.

Feeling a deeper study was in order; American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion.

They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.

Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 2 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager.

They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 2 people rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program,' with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rowers. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses. The pension program was trimmed to 'equal the competition' and some of the resultant savings were channeled into morale boosting programs and teamwork posters.

The next year the Japanese won by two miles.

Humiliated, the American management laid-off one rower, halted development of a new canoe, sold all the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses.

The next year, try as he might, the lone designated rower was unable to even finish the race (having no paddles,) so he was laid off for unacceptable performance, all canoe equipment was sold and the next year's racing team was out-sourced to India.

Sadly, the End.

Here's something else to think about: Ford has spent the last thirty years moving all its factories out of the US, claiming they can't make money paying American wages.

TOYOTA has spent the last thirty years building more than a dozen plants inside the US. The last quarter's results:

TOYOTA makes 4 billion in profits while Ford racked up 9 billion in losses.

Ford folks are still scratching their heads, and collecting bonuses.

IF THIS WEREN'T SO TRUE IT MIGHT BE FUNNY
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nz12's
A Japanese company (Toyota) and an American company (gm Motors) decided to have a canoe race on the Missouri River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.

On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile.

The Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat. A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action.

Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the American team had 7 people steering and 2 people rowing.

Feeling a deeper study was in order; American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion.

They advised, of course, that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.

Not sure of how to utilize that information, but wanting to prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team's management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 2 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager.

They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 2 people rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder. It was called the 'Rowing Team Quality First Program,' with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rowers. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices and bonuses. The pension program was trimmed to 'equal the competition' and some of the resultant savings were channeled into morale boosting programs and teamwork posters.

The next year the Japanese won by two miles.

Humiliated, the American management laid-off one rower, halted development of a new canoe, sold all the paddles, and canceled all capital investments for new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses.

The next year, try as he might, the lone designated rower was unable to even finish the race (having no paddles,) so he was laid off for unacceptable performance, all canoe equipment was sold and the next year's racing team was out-sourced to India.

Sadly, the End.

Here's something else to think about: Ford has spent the last thirty years moving all its factories out of the US, claiming they can't make money paying American wages.

TOYOTA has spent the last thirty years building more than a dozen plants inside the US. The last quarter's results:

TOYOTA makes 4 billion in profits while GM racked up 58 billion in losses.

GM folks are still scratching their heads, and collecting bonuses.

IF THIS WEREN'T SO TRUE IT MIGHT BE FUNNY
fixed
Old 12-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Launching!

Link says the Page Cannot Be Found. IM not sure what the article says
Old 12-10-2008, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

plain and simple GM cars suck dick. I hope they go bankrubt. They deserve it. They are **** suckers that sold us an inferior product. I want better window motors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

plain and simple GM cars suck dick. I hope they go bankrubt. They deserve it. They are **** suckers that sold us an inferior product. I want better window motors !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then why do you own an F body knowing they are inferior? Or are you basing this off of your precious window motors, Which arent bad to replace. There has to be something good about the cars, after all, there are countless shops made specifically for them, as well as some of the largest forums on the web...

Last edited by SPLATT; 12-10-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol @ Corvettes suck dick.

C6 Z06 and ZR1 are madd gay yo.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

WTF is your problem dude? Did your weird uncle work for GM and touch you in your no-no spot? Were you raped in a Camaro? Did mommy and daddy not give you enough attention when you were a child? Did you see a dude drive by in a WS6 and realize that you liked men? Not GM's fault your such a ***. Seriously I dont understand why you would even be here if you consider the fbody to be so inferior.
You have to realize what these cars are. They aren't lux sedans, they are fbody's. Most didn't buy these cars because they were comfy, they did so because the fbody was the cheapest way to get the LS1. You could almost say these cars were/are nothing more than a drivtrain with some body panels, at least thats why I bought mine.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah i hate GM so much because my camaro tossed my salad.... I like big man dick in and around my mouth.

Either way. My camaro besides the Engine... which is a pre 2001 with crappy rod bolts. Is the only thing that will last forever on my car. My car is piece of crap. Everyone that is reading this post can not sit here and honestly say that for 20k GM couldn't have made a few cheap improvements to make our cars nicer.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Finite1
Doesn't your car have like 150k+ miles on it?

Stop complaining.

You sound just like an import fan-boy who hates GM.
No my car has 69k

Im not an import fan, I want a quality product
Old 12-10-2008, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Finite1
lol @ Corvettes suck dick.

C6 Z06 and ZR1 are madd gay yo.

Yeah it does.... everything about them sucks nuts
Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Im not an import fan, I want a quality product
Then become an import/NEW CAR fan and ditch your F-body, because 99% of pre-05 GM cars (especially F-bodies) are decidedly not quality products. They're [now] a cheap way to go fast, and I thought that everyone realized that.

P.S. Judging from your sig, it's obvious you aren't afraid to share the way you feel (like an arrogant bastard):
Watch the last race, that is how a stalled A4 launchs god damn it, **** your 6 speed
Calm down dude. We all have our own opinions. If you want to share yours, please do it in a decent manner - and we will do the same.

P.P.S. Thanks for the new sig quote.

Last edited by ZexGX; 12-10-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
Link says the Page Cannot Be Found. IM not sure what the article says
both links work for me...
Old 12-10-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Then become an import/NEW CAR fan and ditch your F-body, because 99% of pre-05 GM cars (especially F-bodies) are decidedly not quality products. They're [now] a cheap way to go fast, and I thought that everyone realized that.

P.S. Judging from your sig, it's obvious you aren't afraid to share the way you feel (like an arrogant bastard):

Calm down dude. We all have our own opinions. If you want to share yours, please do it in a decent manner - and we will do the same.

P.P.S. Thanks for the new sig quote.
I felt like i just got a love letter from you... thanks

NP it is from Superbad....

Quick Reply: "GM: We Made Bad Cars — Sorry"...