Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Just made 573whp&526trq N/A! Very Pleased! L(o)(o)K

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mainly going away from the standard VE table is my only real gripe...its all doable after you figure it all out. But after years of doing hundreds of original ls1 type pcm's, you just hate when they change it all up.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Overkill, were you running a blower with initial belt slippage problems a while ago on that orange Camaro? I was at a TNT a couple years ago at Fontana where a bad *** bright orange 2nd gen kept throwing belts... I heard it no longer throws belts and puts down awesome times...
Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Congrats
Old 12-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZexGX
Hey Overkill, were you running a blower with initial belt slippage problems a while ago on that orange Camaro? I was at a TNT a couple years ago at Fontana where a bad *** bright orange 2nd gen kept throwing belts... I heard it no longer throws belts and puts down awesome times...
No that must be a different ride, this car currently has a Nitrous SBC I had a 632 on the stand ready to drop in but some thieves decided they needed my sy stuff more than I do. This setup should run in the 8;s once we get it all sorted out
Old 12-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
Wow...I thought I was just being a nice guy trying to help out. Nathans always treated me right in the past, so I try and help where I can

I still talk to Jay regularly and try to help with any questions or parts he needs for his car. I sold him the top end for his car and I think he has been very happy with it.

Im sorry to hear you think there were any "mistakes" on our end, but we didnt do any installation of the engine / transmission / drivetrain / parts I believe whoever installed the 408" setup made a few mistakes and was new to LS1 and it had alot of issues that needed sorting out.

Whoever installed the 408" actually made alot of big mistakes:

1) Wrong intake valley bolts and cracked the intake manifold. We pulled it off, swapped to correct bolts and repaired the cracked intake. Also correct fuel rail spacers/fuel rail kit to work with his intake

2) Fixed the coolant cylinder head air bleed line that wasnt installed correctly and would have burst and lost coolant every where, also it wasnt hooked to the radiator

3) New Factory fuel line hose/connector for the "hose clamped" installed one that was very dangerous

4) Traded out fuel injectors for another set

5) Attempt to sort out tuning issues, but the transmission was not shifting correctly when it came in. We didnt do any of the wiring or install on the transmission and it wouldnt shift correctly at all when it arrived. We had never touched the tune previously on the car due to it being locked by another shop that did the tuning.

6) Also the radiator plastic core developed a crack in it during dyno tuning. I believe I gave Jay a free radiator to replace it with actually.

thats it...he picked up after that...sorted out his transmission problem and had Nathan (elky489) sort out the tune on it up there...

Shay, I think you may have misheard any info related to the car...Jay would be happy to verify anything listed above...I'm always happy to help in anyway I can with anyone. I guess im not a hot-head and try to help anyone i can regardless when they have issues/troubles, I think thats probably why business has stayed so good for us and we've been growing and getting busier every day. Lifes too short to spend it arguing on the internet or trashing each other over BS.
Bro if thats how you think it went I feel sorry for you, I saw his car after it left your shop so what ever helps you sleep at night.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
you have to admit the newer computers are easier to make idle
Yes i agree,i nailed the idle in about 10 minutes.The old ones werent to bad,but the new one was a snap.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LORDHELP
don't count on it mikey!!!!!!
i wont homeboy...santa knows i been a ****** this year

so whats up with ur ss these days dylan?

Last edited by nevrlift13; 12-18-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Okay,just finished the drivabilty issues i had,took a bit,but its nailed.Im happy with it now.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well nate as **** as you are with your tunes Im sure if your happy its running fine. Pick up any power in the fine tuning?
Old 12-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Launching!

up it picked up a little mid range,wot stayed the same,its a bunch snappier now.Just how would you say it,runs better overall,as a everyday jump in the car goto the store or work car,it runs better,its actually not a hassle to drive,its fun now,got rid of the hunt and buck at low rpm high load,like 1500rpm 6th gear.HAs zero knock count,starts and idles perfect and in speed density without any o2 help it was 14.5 pretty much everywhere that it needed to be that.Then snaps right to 12.8 at wot.Overall im very happy with it.It took me all day to get this but well worth it.The next one will be a snap now that i have it all figured out but damm what a pain in the *** that new ecu is compared to the old one.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Also K.C i havent forgotten about your pricing on stuff,just been super busy.I will get it all figured out for you first of the week.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by socalspd
wow...i thought i was just being a nice guy trying to help out. Nathans always treated me right in the past, so i try and help where i can

i still talk to jay regularly and try to help with any questions or parts he needs for his car. I sold him the top end for his car and i think he has been very happy with it.

Im sorry to hear you think there were any "mistakes" on our end, but we didnt do any installation of the engine / transmission / drivetrain / parts i believe whoever installed the 408" setup made a few mistakes and was new to ls1 and it had alot of issues that needed sorting out.

Whoever installed the 408" actually made alot of big mistakes:

1) wrong intake valley bolts and cracked the intake manifold. We pulled it off, swapped to correct bolts and repaired the cracked intake. Also correct fuel rail spacers/fuel rail kit to work with his intake

2) fixed the coolant cylinder head air bleed line that wasnt installed correctly and would have burst and lost coolant every where, also it wasnt hooked to the radiator

3) new factory fuel line hose/connector for the "hose clamped" installed one that was very dangerous

4) traded out fuel injectors for another set

5) attempt to sort out tuning issues, but the transmission was not shifting correctly when it came in. We didnt do any of the wiring or install on the transmission and it wouldnt shift correctly at all when it arrived. We had never touched the tune previously on the car due to it being locked by another shop that did the tuning.

6) also the radiator plastic core developed a crack in it during dyno tuning. I believe i gave jay a free radiator to replace it with actually.

Thats it...he picked up after that...sorted out his transmission problem and had nathan (elky489) sort out the tune on it up there...

Shay, i think you may have misheard any info related to the car...jay would be happy to verify anything listed above...i'm always happy to help in anyway i can with anyone. I guess im not a hot-head and try to help anyone i can regardless when they have issues/troubles, i think thats probably why business has stayed so good for us and we've been growing and getting busier every day. Lifes too short to spend it arguing on the internet or trashing each other over bs.

some of those problems were done by me a jay because we did not know any better(first 408 for us), we were just trying to get it going to get it somewhere to be tuned and thses issues sorted out. But the list of things wrong sound right, there may have been some other isseues but that covers it for the most part.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Launching!

I know i had to fix the fuel rails when i got the car from Jay,had a hosed clamped cross over hose and the rails sat to high and actually had a injector blow the oring off it,luckly i caught it right away or that could have been really ugly.I machined the spacers down and it has been rock solid ever since.Tune is nailed and Jay is off and running and very happy.Now i cant wait for the next round of mods to get finished on it so it will go 10s n/a
Old 12-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Launching!

1) wrong intake valley bolts and cracked the intake manifold. We pulled it off, swapped to correct bolts and repaired the cracked intake. Also correct fuel rail spacers/fuel rail kit to work with his intake
Yeah GREAT job, you charged the man for **** that had to be done over again or that was never done in the first place on more than just the fuel system I still believe everything LeToy said about "YellowVetteJim" aka "socalspd" stealing Jays ECM when he had the turbo build done. I wont get into the rest of it again, and I'd recommend against anyone having work done by him or his shop.....
Old 12-21-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

badass numbers and car
Old 12-23-2008, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by elky489
I know i had to fix the fuel rails when i got the car from Jay,had a hosed clamped cross over hose and the rails sat to high and actually had a injector blow the oring off it,luckly i caught it right away or that could have been really ugly.I machined the spacers down and it has been rock solid ever since.Tune is nailed and Jay is off and running and very happy.Now i cant wait for the next round of mods to get finished on it so it will go 10s n/a
car seems real nice now, thumbs up to nate for the tune!!!!!!

can not wait to see that thing down at the track next time
Old 12-23-2008, 09:42 PM
FormerVendor

Too bad the track is closed for 3 months....everyone around here is itchin' to get out with new setups..
Old 12-24-2008, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

damn good numbers the vette is clean too
Old 12-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SoCalSpd
Too bad the track is closed for 3 months....everyone around here is itchin' to get out with new setups..
Sac is open, you wanna get chopped off or what?
Old 12-25-2008, 12:05 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MrOverkill
Sac is open, you wanna get chopped off or what?
You think I have any interest in anything to do with you?

Quick Reply: Just made 573whp&526trq N/A! Very Pleased! L(o)(o)K