Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

AZFBA Cruise Sat. 1/17/09 Bartlet Lake, Pavs, Central - FREE FOOD

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AZFBA Cruise Sat. 1/17/09 Bartlet Lake, Pavs, Central - FREE FOOD

AZFBA is going on another cruise. On Saturday 1/17, we'll be heading out to Bartlett Lake. Once again, we'll have free food. We'll be grilling up some chicken. I would appreciate if you could tell me in advance if you would like to go so that I can plan accordingly on how much food to take, but it's not mandatory. We should have enough food to accomodate any last minute additions. Also, as always, drive your F-body, drive your hot body, drive any body. As long as you're an F-body entheusiest, and can keep up in what ever you drive, or if you're just a cool person in general, you're welcome to join us.

Here is the original post.

The last cruise was a bit too cold so we won't be going to far from the valley this time. This one won't be so early either for those that like to party hard on their Friday.

This time I'll be grilling up some BBQ chicken for lunch. Hopefully I actually get to grill it up this time. I'm donating the food so all you have to do is donate your time and gas to the cruise. I wanted to pick a park that was in a good central location for the East and West folks to meet up at so I'm thinking Moeur Park on Mill and Curry, just North of the 202. Please post up any other suggestions.

Cruise Itinerary
Noon - We'll meet up at Noon at Moeur Park and start cooking so that we can start eating by about 12:30. I'll show up at around 11:30 or 11:45 so that I can start eveything up. If Moeur Park is full, we'll meet down the street at Papago Park.

1:00pm - Head out toward Bartlett Lake.

2:15pm - We should arrive around 2:15ish. We take pics and hang out for say half an hour, but we can play that by ear.

2:45pm - We'll head out at about 2:45pm toward the Pavs and arrive around 4:00pm.

4:00PM - We'll hang out with the Barrett Jackson crowd, eat, etc. I plan on eating at YC's if anyone is interested. I love that place.

7:00PM (Maybe) - At around 7, we'll head out for the Central Cruise, this is where we might lose some people. This is a maybe. We'll play it by ear. Last weekend I heard that people started heading out at about that time anyway, but it might be different this week.

7:30PM - Arrive at Thomas and Central around 7:30PM if we decide to go.

Tentative Route:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sadd...6&ie=UTF8&z=11

Who's In:
Ruben (MeanSS) - AZFBA
David (96azhawk)+1 - AZFBA
Michelle (chellzers) - AZFBA
Juan (Z28YELLOWJACKET)+1 - AZFBA
Barry (Barryta33) - AZFBA
Jim (Z-Convert) - AZFBA
Tom (Acidburn) - AZFBA
Casey (BAD_EFX) - AZFBA

Maybes:
Veronika (WsSIKK) - LS1tech
maars620 (Raul) - LS1tech
xtremechvymaro - ArizonaCamaros.net
Josh (campbellshotrods) - AZFBA
Sean (TopGearSean) - AZFBA

Added 1/13/08
*Because we were told by the pavilions people that there will be no reserving of lanes this weekend and because we were also told that it gets full in a hurry, we decided to move the schedule up a bit. We'll still meet up at Noon, but I'll get there a little earlier to start thing up. Also, we won't spend as much time at the lake.

Last edited by 02SS3098; 01-16-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Did I mention free food?
Old 01-10-2009, 03:43 PM
Teching In

if im in town, i may be interested in hangin out
Old 01-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by wsSIKK
if im in town, i may be interested in hangin out
Cool. Let me know when you know for sure.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta take a look at my spark issue I'm having with the car... but we'll see...
Old 01-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Banned

dang sure sounds worth it to head down to AZ for some food
Old 01-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
gotta take a look at my spark issue I'm having with the car... but we'll see...
Let me know when you know for sure. We should have enough food if you just show up though.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

I'll let you know Ruben... as of now it's a no... but like i said, i'll let you know
Old 01-13-2009, 02:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Would liket to cruise through arizona, last time I was out there I saw lots of empty roads that looked like you could go for miles w/o other people.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by c5z28
Would liket to cruise through arizona, last time I was out there I saw lots of empty roads that looked like you could go for miles w/o other people.
You're right. There a lot of straight aways and a lot of good places to go to with winding roads. Especially on the way to Jerome.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Ruben, are you the event coordinator for AZFBA now? Who is the Prez and VP?

It's good to see you guys getting out more and more. I might just head out to an even to see whats up.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Please re-read the itinerary....

I changed it up a bit becuase when we tried to reserve a lane at the pavillions, we were told that there will be no reservations this week and that it will be packed and fill up fast. For this reason, I will be heading out to the park early to start up the food. However you can get there whenever, and we'll be leaving at 1PM for the lake and won't spend as much time at Bartlett. If all goes well, we should be at the pavillions by 4PM but that's not set in stone.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

If anyone is coming to Phoenix just for the Barret Jackson, feel free to join us for the cruise.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Ruben, are you the event coordinator for AZFBA now? Who is the Prez and VP?

It's good to see you guys getting out more and more. I might just head out to an even to see whats up.
Who is the Prez and VP?
96AZHAWK (David) has been nominated for Prez and I've been nominated for VP. It's not official but we've been nominated for months now and no one else has stepped up to fill any of the other positions or to run against us. We're hoping that it will be official soon.

Ruben, are you the event coordinator for AZFBA now?
No, I'm not the events coordinator. The position still has not been filled, but it needs to be done. David and I have been talking about how we want to re-vitalize AZFBA and get people out and about reppin' F-bodies again. This is one of the ways that we're trying to do that. We have a few other ideas, but we can't do anything "official" until our positions are official. One of the things we're trying to do is have a cruise or get-together every month. Since our positions aren't official, we can use club money to facilitate these events, which is why myself and David have been donating the food and have been asking for others to bring some at times. We've been successful at having one cruise a month.

January 2009 - Lunch, Bartlett lake, and Pavillions Cruise
December 2008 - Roosevelt Lake Cruise and Lunch
November 2008 - Tortilla Flats
October 2008 - Prescott Jerome and lunch
September 2008 - LVCFO Weekend (we tried to organize something but only David and I ended up being able to go)

We've also tried to get some track days here and there. Moreso David than I. If you look in the AZFBA Events section, you'll see how we've been having regular events lately. The pleasent result about not using club funds is that we've been able to open these events to everyone and bring some awareness out to people to let them know that we're out there. However, we need to give back to our members so we're planning on having some member only events after we're official and know what the state of the funds is. However, we'll still have events that will be open to everyone.

We're still looking for someone to fill the events coordinator position if anyone is interested.

I feel the same way. We need to get out more and make our presence known. There needs to be a reason to join AZFBA and we want to put that reason back out there. You should join us for this cruise. It will mean free lunch and you'll get a chance to get to know other local F-body entheusists. If anything, look for my license plate "MEAN SS" at the pavilions this Sat and we'll try to guard you a spot when it opens up so that you can move over to our group of F-bods.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Should be great weather this weekend! Anyone else up for joining in?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

There are 6 ramadas with BBQ grills at that park so we should be good. However Papago Park is right down the road on the South side of Curry just East of Moeur Park and just West of Scottsdale road. If Moeur Park is full on Saturday, we'll meet down the road at Papago Park.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Remember to bring your walkies if you have any.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn, looks like a good drive if you're set up for cruising-at-speed or only have stock/mild suspension mods. Route looks rediculously long... Which ain't too bad! Have fun!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Staging Lane

It's not too bad. I think it's one of the shorter ones we've had in a while.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for everyone that came out. Thanks to Barry (Barryta33) for the brats and the buns, and thanks to David (96AZHAWK) and Sean (Topgearsean) for getting more charcoal, thanks to David and Kim for providing the ice, beverages and chips, and also thanks to Juan (Z28YELLOWJACKET) for providing the Pepsi and driving all the from Tucson. It looks like we had enough food for everyone since we only had one brat left over.

Here are some of the pics that I took. I plan on having a CD at the next one of for everyone that attended.

Attendees
Ruben (MeanSS) - AZFBA
David (96azhawk)+Kim - AZFBA
Michelle (chellzers) - AZFBA
Juan (Z28YELLOWJACKET) - AZFBA
Barry (Barryta33) - AZFBA
Tom (Acidburn) - AZFBA
Casey (BAD_EFX)+1 - AZFBA
Adam (xtremechvymaro) - ArizonaCamaros.net
Josh (campbellshotrods) - AZFBA
Sean (TopGearSean) - AZFBA

Did I leave anyone out?

Last edited by 02SS3098; 01-19-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply: AZFBA Cruise Sat. 1/17/09 Bartlet Lake, Pavs, Central - FREE FOOD