Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Ok now im getting pissed the f*** off HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Whats H.O?
Hott oldie, in refernece to a grandma that is definately do able, ya know the kind you wouldn't mind cleanin the cob webs from the rafters for... That is what an H.O is Hott Oldie.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Hott oldie, in refernece to a grandma that is definately do able, ya know the kind you wouldn't mind cleanin the cob webs from the rafters for... That is what an H.O is Hott Oldie.
lol Effing Adam! G.I.L.F. ?

HO = High Output.

(although, in Adams defense, I do know some grandmas like that)
Old 01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took me 2 tries till I got a good one when I replaced mine. Refurbs blow...
Old 01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
lol Effing Adam! G.I.L.F. ?

HO = High Output.

(although, in Adams defense, I do know some grandmas like that)
Dude the grandma of irwindale, eileen pandelis... she is a pretty hott old lady and she has a 9 second 1/4 65 malibu.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like the alternator but have you checked all of your connections? Follow both wires off of the battery and make sure connections are tight, also follow the large wire from the stud behind the battery, if its all good then the alternator should be the problem. I was debating on buying an autozone alt because of the lifetime warranty but I think when I checked it was $140, i can get a new delco for $100, looks like im going that route.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:48 PM
Staging Lane

so i guess its the alternator that isnt even ****** 5 days old!!!!!!!!!! i drove it maybe 5 miles back to my house and its been parked for 3 days. and these ******* at autozone dont know **** about cars. i mean i dont kno **** either but im not working at an autoparts store pretend to know **** i dont. BUT luckily my good freind just got hired as the manager there. hes a ****** wiz on cars. hes got a fully built 95 turbo supra(biggest turbo ive ever seen in my life). neways he brought out this little meter thing. it was reading that the alt. was pushin out 56 "amps but the batterys voltage was liike 11.01 or some ****. once again i have NO IDEA wat that means. he just said its the alternator. is there a better alternator i can buy? im done ******* wit refurbished stuff. i wouldnt have even purchased it ! if i knew it was refurbished. im not cheap by any means so i duno y they didnt tell me that b4 hand.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by yungepjr
is there a better alternator i can buy? im done ******* wit refurbished stuff. i wouldnt have even purchased it ! if i knew it was refurbished. im not cheap by any means so i duno y they didnt tell me that b4 hand.
Like I said, search the Stereo and Electronics section. 200 (or more) amp alternator is what you're looking for. What would also help all over is doing "the big three" upgrade.

edit: P.S. They didn't tell you cause you were shopping at AutoZone.

Last edited by ZexGX; 01-16-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

so i guess its the alternator that isnt even ****** 5 days old!!!!!!!!!! i drove it maybe 5 miles back to my house and its been parked for 3 days. and these ******* at autozone dont know **** about cars. i mean i dont kno **** either but im not working at an autoparts store pretend to know **** i dont. BUT luckily my good freind just got hired as the manager there. hes a ****** wiz on cars. hes got a fully built 95 turbo supra(biggest turbo ive ever seen in my life). neways he brought out this little meter thing. it was reading that the alt. was pushin out 56 "amps but the batterys voltage was liike 11.01 or some ****. once again i have NO IDEA wat that means. he just said its the alternator. is there a better alternator i can buy? im done ******* wit refurbished stuff. i wouldnt have even purchased it ! if i knew it was refurbished. im not cheap by any means so i duno y they didnt tell me that b4 hand.
are you sure that little red voltage wire is in the right spot? it's really easy to reverse by mistake.

as for the refurbished thing, i'm pretty sure they just reuse the "shell" of the alternator. so the insides are new.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeahh tom is right it is remanufactured. Which means new brushes and rotating assembly inside but they use the shell of the older alternator.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hlaalu
are you sure that little red voltage wire is in the right spot? it's really easy to reverse by mistake.

as for the refurbished thing, i'm pretty sure they just reuse the "shell" of the alternator. so the insides are new.
Yes they are, But i have worked as an auto tech for 4 years and i have had refurbished alternaters not work, water pumps without pulled bolt holes drilled, noisy throw out bearings, timing belts with more ribs, and i can go on. My point is just because its "new" it dosn't make it "good" Parts are only as good as the person making them
Old 01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

ok now this is getting extremely annoying. im 3 minutes away from having someone destroy this car. so i install the new alternator, that i just picked up and had tested b4 i left autozone. it was fine. so i get it in. and the battery meter goes past 13, where its usually at. i close my hood and grab all my tools while i let the car warm up. come back after i put everything away. AND THE ******* BATTERY IS BACK IN THE RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i dont have this fixed by monday b on the lookout for the part out of a 00 ss. because im sick of this bullshit. this **** came outta NOWHERE!. if it was my sound system it shoulda done this awhile ago seeing as how ive had the system since ive had the car. this is rediculous. HELP .
Old 01-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hlaalu

i dont think i can reverse it because theres a clip on 1 end of it. and if u try to put it in the wrong way it wont even go end and ull end up breaking the clip
Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 AM
11 Second Club

okay, now with all due respect,

take your car to a knowledgeable tech, who can fix it for you.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:36 AM
TECH Addict

ok now this is getting extremely annoying. im 3 minutes away from having someone destroy this car. so i install the new alternator, that i just picked up and had tested b4 i left autozone. it was fine. so i get it in. and the battery meter goes past 13, where its usually at. i close my hood and grab all my tools while i let the car warm up. come back after i put everything away. AND THE ******* BATTERY IS BACK IN THE RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAT THE ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if i dont have this fixed by monday b on the lookout for the part out of a 00 ss. because im sick of this bullshit. this **** came outta NOWHERE!. if it was my sound system it shoulda done this awhile ago seeing as how ive had the system since ive had the car. this is rediculous. HELP .
it HAS to be some kind of wire problem at this point?
Old 01-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Launching!

I had a similiar problem and it was the battery cables. They looked good on the outside but when I cut the connectors off at the battery the wire was corroded and not making contact inside the insulation to the battery connector.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by thebulgd
I had a similiar problem and it was the battery cables. They looked good on the outside but when I cut the connectors off at the battery the wire was corroded and not making contact inside the insulation to the battery connector.
yesss finally 1 person that this has happend to! lol but im going to try that asap. i MIGHT be getting a job at sears at the auto center part of it so ima need my car. but thanks ima try that...where do i go? autozone? n is the install of that **** easy or a pain in the ***?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure if you already did it but before you go throwing cables at it check the connections. The junction block behind the battery,the ground connections, the connections on the starter, just keep following wires until you find a break, loose connection, or something. If its not any of the wires, not the battery, not the alternator, thats pretty much your whole charging system.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

i kno i maybe shoulda posted this earlier but this is wat the battery gauge looks like

but neways itll go past the 13 wen i have sum1 give me juice. itll go right back down to where it is in the pic as soon as i start the car. any pics of where these wires/cables n wat not would be? by the way i appreciate all the help and suggestions
Old 01-18-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by thebulgd
sort of like spark plug wires.

you might as well spend a couple bucks and get a nice thick gauge of wire and replace those connections
Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

definitely check your cables.
my fathers truck had cables that corroded all the way through,
it ran fine until one morning we stopped for donuts and it didn`t start.

BTW
i have a stock set of cables from a 2002 camaro in my sig.

Quick Reply: Ok now im getting pissed the f*** off HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!