Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Horrible Dates for LA Invasion

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 01:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Didnt know people took Valentines so serious? Oh well. Maybe it'll just be the car show for me. We'll see how hot it gets.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Why cant racing just be scheduled in the evening instead of during the day
Old 01-20-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is not meant to offend anyone, especially Nate, but if you dont like how its done then plan your own event. These guys pour their heart and soul into this event, and they get little to nothing out of it. they do it for us. the least we can do is NOT complain about little details.

as whats been stated, it can be hot or cold any day of the year. In fontana, its nasty 350 days out of the year, so we can also bitch about the location if were looking for things to bitch about.

Cliffs notes: if you dont like the date plan your own event.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:54 PM
10 Second Club

Night racing is an idea. That sounds pretty good actually.

No one is doubting the effort put into this event. I dont think their dedication would change if we did it on another date, or evening as suggested. You can do something with all your heart, doesnt mean youre doing it right. Not saying theyre not doing it right, its just an example. LA Invasion should be all about ***** out racing, isnt that why we love and modify our cars? So why not choose the best possible conditions to race under? Unless you tell me LA Invasion is not about racing.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

vete a trabajar guey.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Estoy trabajando. No me tengas envidia guey.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by C5natie
Night racing is an idea. That sounds pretty good actually.

No one is doubting the effort put into this event. I dont think their dedication would change if we did it on another date, or evening as suggested. You can do something with all your heart, doesnt mean youre doing it right. Not saying theyre not doing it right, its just an example. LA Invasion should be all about ***** out racing, isnt that why we love and modify our cars? So why not choose the best possible conditions to race under? Unless you tell me LA Invasion is not about racing.
you sound like a spoiled little girl on x mas day who didnt get the exact doll she wanted, here ill fix your problem, dont race or participate in anything.

and la invasion is not all about "***** out racing" its about getting everyone together to participate in many activites we all enjoy, some enjoy drag racing more than auto cross or car shows, or going up the canyons, we all have our own favorites, so like i said earlier, shut up and go with the flow.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

what he said, but show up anyway
Old 01-20-2009, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Alright, so much for stating ones opinion. There are actually quite a few events throughout the year and the LS1Tech ones are usually the weakest but I do get to see a lot of guys I know. No problem enjoy the event guys and I hope the weather is favorable. I wont get anywhere here stating my ideas.

Also, SStud, I'll be at Irwindale this thursday and I gladly invite you to tell me to shut up in person. No has insulted you but I guess you have a little attitude anyways. Most guys that responded to this thread know me and know that Im chill and Im just stating some ideas an opinions. Now, you wanna talk to me like Im some punk kid, please do it, or try, in person. If you dont wanna go there, smart, please leave your comments out of here or dont be disrespectful when stating them. I'll be at Irwindale, trust me you cant miss me. Shut up or go with the flow.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

horrible example

You don't have to go if you don't want to. Plan your own track event if you want. Who gives a ****, go or don't go it's that simple. No need to cry about it.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

i agree with u nate on the weather point.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't even plan on going myself lol
Old 01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Thnx to those who stated honest opinions. Mark, Lee, good work. Last year was fun, just hot. That was my only point. Im sure I'll still see everyone there. Good luck with the planning.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright, so much for stating ones opinion. There are actually quite a few events throughout the year and the LS1Tech ones are usually the weakest but I do get to see a lot of guys I know. No problem enjoy the event guys and I hope the weather is favorable. I wont get anywhere here stating my ideas.

Also, SStud, I'll be at Irwindale this thursday and I gladly invite you to tell me to shut up in person. No has insulted you but I guess you have a little attitude anyways. Most guys that responded to this thread know me and know that Im chill and Im just stating some ideas an opinions. Now, you wanna talk to me like Im some punk kid, please do it, or try, in person. If you dont wanna go there, smart, please leave your comments out of here or dont be disrespectful when stating them. I'll be at Irwindale, trust me you cant miss me. Shut up or go with the flow.

Nate man not even worth it. You would most likely hurt the guy, he is probably like 5,4 115 lbs or something.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 PM
10 Second Club

Complaining's over then. See ya..
Old 01-20-2009, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Nate man not even worth it. You would most likely hurt the guy, he is probably like 5,4 115 lbs or something.

Yeah I know. These guys though. You cant even state your mind without someone getting all disrespectful. Anyway, Im done. Talk to you later Adam.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will agree LA invasion is based off LV invasion, which was a great event setup at LV raceway, It is a day focused more on racing that a "gathering" that is the idea that is why you have drag racing and autoX. Nate has a good point he thinks it should have been put togehter on a cooler day, I don't blame him, but yes it was planned out by other people and what they choose we either live with or plan your own event.

And SStud I really would not advise you go the route of getting into it with Nate he is one of very few people my height but has some weight on me, and I am 6'6 220 lbs. So unless you are feeling lucky just be nice and quit bein a dick.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
^^ i see what your saying, but you can do racing anytime, they picked this date cuz most of us are gonna get a 3 day weekend
I agree on this one, there's only so many 3 day holiday weekends where MOST get the holidays off. For this one, we'll need all the time we can get to get the cars ready, at least I do.

I say you Lee, Mark and them guys had the mayority in mind and its good planning. I missed it last year, hope I can make this one.

The money tree is not growing any damn money. It was a lie!!

Last edited by BackInBlack02; 01-20-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:12 PM
FormerVendor

Last point,

Nate - I have been trying to work with Jason (Outlaw Z) to set up the Norcal/Socal shootout in Famoso and planning it around end of March/start of April. That event would be all about racing. We will see if we can make it happen.

How far is everyone willing to travel for an event? I would love to see a CA vs. TX Shootout in the fall maybe around labor day (not to conflict with the LVCFO meet) or a bit later but we would have to do it in NM or AZ. If we could get people to travel a bit I would go post there and ask them too.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
+1 on that one its funny how tough people are on the computer dont even pay attention to people like this

Quick Reply: Horrible Dates for LA Invasion