Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Horrible Dates for LA Invasion

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Horrible Dates for LA Invasion

As some of you have noticed its already been warming up, and its only January, and Im sure this summer is gonna suck. Why do we keep scheduling LA Invasion for hotass Memorial Day weekend? It doesnt make sense. The point of the event is to run your best times and compare them among all of us here. Those of us with built cars know that hot weather isnt our friend. Why dont we choose late winter/early spring or fall. All of these seasons are a lot cooler and have 3day hloiday weekends. MLK weekend, Presidents day, Thanksgiving? Fontana sucks already, youre going uphill, and now its hot! Everyone, do a tranny cooler flush especially those of us with a4's or those running the autocross! I see it already, 90+degrees, humid and robbing everyone of 2-3 tenths. Great.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Banned Village Idiot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the weather is perfect for the car show and cruises, its not that good for drag but its ok, its better than getting rain, then you can't do ****!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:24 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1BLKSS
the weather is perfect for the car show and cruises, its not that good for drag but its ok, its better than getting rain, then you can't do ****!

Agreed but you can always get a summer storm. Your chances are pretty equal plus its been a dry year anyway. Forget the cruise and BBQ that can be done anytime, its all about the racing, at least for me.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well everyone said it would be hot and we got 70 some degrees and overcast this past year.

The point is not just the racing (an important part but not the only)

The long weekend allows visitors from out of town to make the trip.

Everyone is welcome to their opinions but if you want an event earlier there is a street legal drag on March 7th

Ya just can't please everyone.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Banned Village Idiot

^^ i see what your saying, but you can do racing anytime, they picked this date cuz most of us are gonna get a 3 day weekend
Old 01-20-2009, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

I just feel like there are a ton of 3 day weekends all year round, then again I have a government job and we get them all off so I understand. Actually last year got well into the 80's, which is still warmer than what you want, and it was a little humid. It took so long in between runs last year that after the first two runs it was pretty warm. Why not have a racing only weekend or event for Socal? Everyone makes the Irvine meet but instead of just meeting up to stare at each other (yes Im being exaggerated for humour) why dont we get together to race in cooler weather. This year is set to be a lot warmer than last year too.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

One good example: Presidents Day Weekend 2/14-16. Most people get that monday off and Febuary is a lot cooler than May.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got it... why don't we see about getting the cryo cooling kit for our cars and install and have ice cold air blowing in and making it nice and cool in the engine...

Sorry Nate I feel ya man, just for some reason these things tend to be towards summer time that is when everyone will be wanting to come out and hang.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:50 AM
10 Second Club

Hanging out in summer time is cool. Socal, beaches, cars, girls, sweet. But Im thinking from the racing point of view. Just not the best weather.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:57 AM

until you can step up and put something like this together, sit down and shut up, and go along for the ride.

the dates were chosen by those who took this huge task upon themselves, despite the economy and family situations, mark and lee are still doing invasion, and all you care about is its going to be hot?
Old 01-20-2009, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 01-20-2009, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SStud
until you can step up and put something like this together, sit down and shut up, and go along for the ride.

the dates were chosen by those who took this huge task upon themselves, despite the economy and family situations, mark and lee are still doing invasion, and all you care about is its going to be hot?
Im not not saying what they put together doesnt take work. I know Lee and Mark and Im sure theyre working hard. MY OPINION is I wish we choose cooler weather and I say WE because WE all pay for it as well.

BTW, watch out who you tell to shut up.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

here we go
Old 01-20-2009, 12:10 PM
10 Second Club

Hey, I wasnt insulting anyone. I just stated an opinion that has been shared by others. I dont go around telling anyone to shut up. This is a public forum, you can agree or disagree, or agree to disagree. You dont gotta dis anyone.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Teching In

I believe that feb- is cooler for racing.i am going for racing and car show so it sucks in may under the sun all day long..is all good do, will still run hard and strong.........cant wait
Old 01-20-2009, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Bad weekend since a lot of people from So Cal will be at the river.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:48 PM
10 Second Club

GOOD WEEKEND !!!!...still to cold at the River!!!....dang people are never satisfied....keep up the good work Mark and Lee !!!! & phk'ers...we want a chapter in the I.E....GM MUSCLE PEEPS...
Old 01-20-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

nate... the reason last rear was like that was because it was cold and it rained... they had to dry the tree up... and also the brackets delayed runs... memorial day weekend is perfect.... not to col not to hot...

remeber.. its so cal... it can be 99* today.. and rainy and like below 60* tomorrow
Old 01-20-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

presidents day weekend is no good.. valentines day is to close to that...

mlk weekend is no good cuz a lot dont get that 3 days off, and its too close to winter so we might get rained out and blow the event
Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Not too cold at the river. I will be in Blythe that weekend enjoying the lovely ladies with pasties.

Originally Posted by geovett
GOOD WEEKEND !!!!...still to cold at the River!!!....dang people are never satisfied....keep up the good work Mark and Lee !!!! & phk'ers...we want a chapter in the I.E....GM MUSCLE PEEPS...

Agree, keep up the good work with getting places to race.

Quick Reply: Horrible Dates for LA Invasion