Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

ok now im fuckin PISSED...got a smog ref ticket today

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Did he have a warrant to check your car? Did you let him search? You should have said no you can't look under my hood or anywhere in the car without a warrant.
Then they'll impound your **** or come up with some bullshit.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
Then they'll impound your **** or come up with some bullshit.
yea this cop has been eyballing me since i got in that rearend accidint a few months ago...hes the one that popped my hood at the accident scene and wanted to know about my tires and ****...he said "ill see you around" when i left that accident scene that day....he got me that ******

just a by the book traffic cop...had no appreciation for muscle cars or oterhwise
Old 03-05-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was it the same cop mike
Old 03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
Was it the same cop mike
He just said it was. You cammed Camaro killer. lol
Old 03-05-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wicked_muscle
He just said it was. You cammed Camaro killer. lol
Lol but he can't do a better time than a stock cam, stock Z28... ohhhhh.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
Was it the same cop mike
yep very same lill pudgy motorcycle cop, you KNOW he eats sum dougnuts..
Old 03-05-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
yep very same lill pudgy motorcycle cop, you KNOW he eats sum dougnuts..
sum??? you mean a bakers double dozen.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
OOOOK, well decided to drive my car to work today cuz its so bright an sunny and leaving my neighborhood, i mean RIGHT at the street that enters my neighboorhood thers a motorcycle cop chillin on the corner, not with his radar gun out not doing anything, almost as if he was waiting for ME to leave my neighborhood...well the pudgy lil guy decided to pull me over and and pops my hood, asks me is i have CARB# for my longtubes and why i thought no mufflers was a good option...i explained that i knew axle dumped exhaust was illegal (hoping he'd just write me for mod exh) but he decided to give me the smog ref sticker and told me "go ahead and drive it now, its between u and the state of CA" ..........im convinced this was a direct result of the ****** hater living in my neighborhood...oh **** i cant wait to find out who it is....

i fall into a dilema here tho, my registration is due and i need a smog this month...wonder if theres a void i can fall into and get around it??? keeping my chubby lil fingers crossed.....anyone know what that fine is if i just decide to pay it???????

PM'd ya bout smog. Not sure if you still need it. Sorry to hear bout the five - O troubles. When you're ready to "handle" your neighbors give me a call. I'll bring the black clothes and gloves....
Old 03-05-2009, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

And you guys laughed at me and called me names when I said you should keep your cars smog legal to avoid trouble.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Did he have a warrant to check your car? Did you let him search? You should have said no you can't look under my hood or anywhere in the car without a warrant.
Dont need a warrant to check under the hood.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 PM
10 Second Club

Wink

you can borrow all my stock stuff........
Old 03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
you know what would be fun, get some edelbrock shorties and start stamping the carb id from those onto Long tubes... the cop can't check it and if they ask for a carb id you say look it is stamped into the part like it is supposed to be, they say ok, close the hood and bob's your uncle.
edelbrock shorties actually have a small plate with the info spot welded to the headers, I know because I was thinking about cutting the plate off of my edelbrocks and welding them onto my ARHs
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that sucks bro. Had the same thing happen to me but the motorcycle cop was mad cool. He actually complimented my exhaust and just told me to slow down because people had been complaining.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Regular

This is why I put the magnaflow catback on mine. It sounds almost stock now compared to the loudmouth knockoff i had. Then again my car is registered in Texas so they cant do **** to me anyway, but I was tired of worrying about watching my back when I want to thrash on the car.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
Some kid before me in court the other day tried to use that excuse and the judge didn't allow it. He said the kid showed have proof of correction, whether he owned the car (anymore) or not. He gave the kid 2 weeks to get it taken care of.
NO WAY. If you sold the car there is no obligation to get it done. I SORTA anticipated that when "I sold my car" and I "sold" it to my friend who played football for a college out of state. No refs in his state.

The kid before you must have been a tool. I went in their dressed nice, and well spoken. If you are telling the "truth" there is no way that they can expect you to get it done....especially in two weeks. What if the guy you sold it to never answers your phone calls? I would have went back in 2 weeks with a detailed log of calls/messages I left the new owner and said I was doing all I could and the SOB hasn't returned my calls. They would have no choice to drop it.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn, that sucks! find out who snitched on you and one of us will go there and keytheir car or maybe they might just need new tires
Old 03-05-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
damn, that sucks! find out who snitched on you and one of us will go there and keytheir car or maybe they might just need new tires
keying cars is the most faggit **** you could ever do, only bitch *** exgirlfriends do that ****, if you gonna **** with them then go face to face
Old 03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by lowerthanyou00
keying cars is the most faggit **** you could ever do, only bitch *** exgirlfriends do that ****, if you gonna **** with them then go face to face
Word!!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow!!! I'm glad I keep mine registered in Nev. I don't have to put up with this Calif B.S.
I just drive up to Vegas every December and get my OBD II test; eat a Prime Rib dinner and then drive back to Silverlakes (Helendale, Ca).
Old 03-06-2009, 09:02 AM
11 Second Club

Get a Lawyer. I think one could find many errors with this cop. 1. He let you go the first time you had a run in with him. 2. He told you that he'll be watching you. Why? 3. He then was looking for you and then decided to take action on you. There is something wrong here.

Quick Reply: ok now im fuckin PISSED...got a smog ref ticket today