Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

An introduction and hope to join your ranks soon

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An introduction and hope to join your ranks soon

I will be posting in the classifieds section shortly, so I figured I had better say ‘Hi’ first. My name is Mike, I live in Tucson. In my former life I owned a 1987 Trans AM GTA that I swapped a mildly built L-82 into. I was active in the Austin F-body club for a few years and got to really enjoy the cruises and get togethers. The weekly Round Rock show and shine was a blast while it lasted. After college, that car had to go and I have found myself in trucks for the last 10 years or so. I’ve just finished building up a fairly capable International Scout 2 and now I’m focusing on going fast on pavement again. What really brought this all to a head has been my parents move out here. They won’t be here until next week, but they shipped out their cars last week. One is a 1971 Corvette that we swapped a GMPP ZZ502 and EFI. The other is a 2002 Z06. I may have put a few miles on the Z06 while it has been in my care. This car is awesome, and I need one. Well, I won’t be getting a Vette anytime soon. Money and family won’t allow it, but I figured a good solid f-body would do fine. Something with a ‘back seat’ for the rugrat, and an LS1 for me. I’ve always wanted to build something with forced induction, and the STS kits intrigue me, so I figure I can drive it for a few years as is, and then see how it handles boost.

So anyways, thanks for reading and I hope to join your ranks shortly. Talk to you soon.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Staging Lane

good luck on your search in these times im sure you will get a great deal! sts kit would be nice,i hear alot of good/bad them though. Oh and welcome!!
Old 04-03-2009, 11:57 PM
FormerVendor

You should come checkout LA Invasion Memorial day.

Look up the Arizona F body club they will be caravaning to LA. www.azfba.com
Old 04-04-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, F-bodies are sweet but if you want to go turbo id be looking into the APS twin turbo kit. Its a good excuse to put a tubular Kmember in and just put some heads with bigger chambers, I think its the 317s that have 70cc chambers, add more boost and you will be flying.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

hey man welcome...1973 scout...NICE!!!
Old 04-04-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just saw in Phoenix a 02 Z28 with corvette thin 5 spokes and 76k miles on it for $6,900. That is a smokin deal, if you can check it out, there might be something in the for sale section about it, I thought about getting it as a second to my pewter Z and then giving it to my dad but gotta focus on getting one car fixed..

Welcome lots of info around tech.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Launching!

So you are looking to buy a nice F-body huh? How much are you looking to spend and what kind of featurs are you looking for?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:08 PM
TECH Addict

wait a second, are you this mike? https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...ersonally.html

if not, then welcome
Old 04-04-2009, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hlaalu
wait a second, are you this mike? https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-m...ersonally.html

if not, then welcome
Nope, not me. I'm definitely not out to screw anyone.

Re: features: I'm really pretty flexible, as long as it has an LS1 and a stick. I prefer dark gray cloth interior, and am partial to Pontiacs. Exterior color preference in order would be black, pewter, red, then white. I really don't care about SS or WS6, as I will eventually upgrade the parts that those packages upgrade from the factory. Other than that, reasonable mileage for the age of the car, power windows, and locks. I'm not afraid of a little work, but am not looking for another project. I'm hoping to spend no more than $10,000. Right now, I have my truck on the market and am open to trades. Barring any trades, I will get serious about the search after I have that sold.

I'll get some pics up shortly
Old 04-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Teching In

Default The Scout

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
hey man welcome...1973 scout...NICE!!!
I never miss a chance to brag on my Scout... Attached is before and after. I did just about everything on it myself, except exhaust and drive shaft fab. I even shot the paint... though I'm not sure if I'll try doing that again. Overall, it took about 3.5 years, but it has been a great project.
Attached Thumbnails An introduction and hope to join your ranks soon-hpim1499-medium-.jpg   An introduction and hope to join your ranks soon-hpim1500-medium-.jpg   An introduction and hope to join your ranks soon-rf-quarter-medium-.jpg   An introduction and hope to join your ranks soon-rr-quarter-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Restricted User

if not, then welcome
Wait???? He is in tucson and a new member on here......i guess you didn't read that part......Dumb a**.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by InTheSkin
I never miss a chance to brag on my Scout... Attached is before and after. I did just about everything on it myself, except exhaust and drive shaft fab. I even shot the paint... though I'm not sure if I'll try doing that again. Overall, it took about 3.5 years, but it has been a great project.
that is bad ***!

Originally Posted by GDBY2U
Wait???? He is in tucson and a new member on here......i guess you didn't read that part......Dumb a**.
it was a joke at your expense, pal.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

it was a joke at your expense, pal.
i'm not your pal, buddy.
Old 04-04-2009, 08:31 PM
TECH Addict

i'm not your pal, buddy.
i'm not your buddy, friend!
Old 04-04-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dude tom why are you replying to yourself? you have something you want to tell us?

Quick Reply: An introduction and hope to join your ranks soon