Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Well my life was taken away from me yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Well my life was taken away from me yesterday

My wife told me after 9 years being together and 8 years being married that she was falling out of love with me and wanted to separate... Man I don't know what too do and I don't know how my 9 year old son and 3 year baby girl our going to react to this... I put all my heart into my marriage and **** just ripped it out and basically killed me... I don't know what I am going to do
Old 06-01-2009, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, man. That sucks! Sorry to hear that!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that man, im not married yet so cant really lend advise, but good luck and stay good with your kids, they are the important thing.Hope all works out for you...
Old 06-01-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you seen the movie Fireproof, you might want to watch that. Also counseling is something that i would give a try.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Granted im a youngyion but ive had similiar problems. Just do everything you think you can to make it work. Maybe before you guys split try to kick up the romance *** and do something that you havent. Maybe get the inlaws to watch the kids and take her out for a nice dinner, then maybe go walk on the beach and enjoy a california sunset. Wouldnt try to buy stuff, but maybe make her realize you can still be the person she fell in love with and took the big i do's for. And if you need time to relax. maybe take you car out for a nice cruise either along the ocean or up to the mountains and have a picnic. Also if you can swing it hit up monterey or some place out of the big city. It aint over till its over my good friend and remeber a calm head prevails so stay cool and follow your heart.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear about it. I was engaged and it fell through cause of deployments, I know you situation is much more serious but its hard for women to deal with our type of life. It will all work out just make sure you are there for your kids they are now your biggest concern.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Staging Lane

just remember your kids ARE your life. concentrate on them and move.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Launching!

if she left you, she never was the right one.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:27 PM
FormerVendor

Real sorry to hear that. Best advice I could give would be to concentrate on your kids and yourself. Show confidence and not panic. If she's at that point, give her some space and let her think on her own. Give her a chance to miss you.

If you do separate, I'd go on a date and let it get back to her. Funny how that might change her feelings real quick.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

man that sucks, you never know what may come next, but all I can tell you is without pain joy is pointless......good luck man I hope everything works out....
Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pweterss
just remember your kids ARE your life. concentrate on them and move.
x2 be strong for the kids. They need you.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by comanten123
wow, fucken sucks. best thing to do is keep away from your wife, dont beg her or nothing along those lines, you will only make matters worse. just accept it and think about your kids. thats the most important thing right now. later on she gonna come back,,they always do
Yeah, since we all know that's the best way to work things out!!!

The only thing that'll accomplish is driving your wife into the arms of another man while you drown your sorrows in alcohol because you don't know why she FELL OUT OF LOVE!!!!

To the OP, you owe it to your kids to try to work things out. The worst thing you can do is accept it and then you end up seeing your kids on weekends only. I'd be dammed if some other guy became the father figure to my son because I didn't try my best to help the situation.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Keep your head up bro. Sorry to hear about that.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Hey bro, Sorry to hear about that. There is some good advice here... One thing that makes my gf upset is when life is going so fast, that I don't have enough time for her... Make sure that you are paying attention to her and show her you care. All girls want is a little of your attention. Give it a shot... try your best for the kids.

Good luck bro
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks a lot guy's I appreciate the help and word's you guy's are giving me... I just can't believe this is happening and I feel like it's a bad dream and I can't wake up from it
Old 06-01-2009, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
My wife told me after 9 years being together and 8 years being married that she was falling out of love with me and wanted to separate... Man I don't know what too do and I don't know how my 9 year old son and 3 year baby girl our going to react to this... I put all my heart into my marriage and **** just ripped it out and basically killed me... I don't know what I am going to do
Sorry to hear this. If you had a good marriage, couples just don't fall out of love. You have to be aware of you and your wife's surroundings at really look at was has changed in recent times. I've been married for 6 yrs. I've seen this way too many times from some of my friend’s relationships. There is always something that drives women to this extent.

Best advise is go to counseling and be very supportive to your children. I hope it works out for you and your family. Give her a set time. You can't wait for ever either. Love hurts, but it won't kill you. .
Old 06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000SSgeorge
Sorry to hear this. If you had a good marriage, couples just don't fall out of love. You have to be aware of you and your wife's surroundings at really look at was has changed in recent times. I've been married for 6 yrs. I've seen this way too many times from some of my friend’s relationships. There is always something that drives women to this extent.

Best advise is go to counseling and be very supportive to your children. I hope it works out for you and your family. Give her a set time. You can't wait for ever either. Love hurts, but it won't kill you. .
Yeah I hear you bro and I am still confused as to what the hell happened... We haven't had any problem's that could of made this outcome... I thought everything was great and we were happy but I guess I was the only one from how it's turning out...
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by comanten123
wow, fucken sucks. best thing to do is keep away from your wife, dont beg her or nothing along those lines, you will only make matters worse. just accept it and think about your kids. thats the most important thing right now. later on she gonna come back,,they always do
x2... dont beg. Looks like there might be someone else in the picture. again, sorry, best thing to get over her is to find a replacement. again, not trying to be funny...good luck...deployments may be hard for a family...
Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1FASTBIRD
Yeah I hear you bro and I am still confused as to what the hell happened... We haven't had any problem's that could of made this outcome... I thought everything was great and we were happy but I guess I was the only one from how it's turning out...

Remember this saying : "Detras de un gran dolor, viene gran felicdad"
Translation : "behind a great pain, great happiness comes"
Old 06-01-2009, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000SSgeorge
Remember this saying : "Detras de un gran dolor, viene gran felicdad"
Translation : "behind a great pain, great happiness comes"
Thanks bro

Quick Reply: Well my life was taken away from me yesterday