Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cop issues...come on in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cop issues...come on in.

Gotta rant a bit. Well, for the 2nd time, I ended up in a DUI checkpoint. The first one a few months ago, cop checked my license, sent me on my way. Tonight, a young cop, maybe 25 ask me if I have anything illegal done to the car. Its obvious from the cam, something is done, but I have the stock quiet Ti exhaust. I tell him I have a little bit done to the car, but say nothing specific. He says, "Tonight we are doing DUI, but if I see you on the street I'm going to make you take it off". Most of what I do is travel to the outer areas of town, where there are NO vehicles but me and test a bit, then I might go out to the track. Not everyone is a street racer.

a. No more traveling that way on Fri nights.

b. Ok, maybe thats his job, but WTF. He was a ~25 y/o male. What is it with these guys, do they hate the world or something, no ***** for 10 years or what?? I just can believe a young male would hate on a Corvette like that.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are just some...okay, a helluva lot...of cops out there that get off on harassing people. And no one start with that whole psych-test crap that they do when someone applies to PD. It's not like they just happened to get through the cracks! It's not like they have a gun to their head when they're harassing innocent drivers. I got stopped by a cop once, and after just a couple of minutes, I knew he just wanted to check out my car. He let me go without incident, but it was late, i just got off work, and I just wanted to get home to bed. The timing was just a little inconvenient.
Old 10-24-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO man **** him I wouldn't worry bout it. I doubt you gave him any attitude rite??? He was just being a dick man like most of them pigs
Old 10-24-2009, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoulda asked him what color srt-4 neon he has
Old 10-24-2009, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I heard the local Sheriff's funding was "cut".
Old 10-24-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tell him he'll have to catch you first.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Just laugh it off. There are so many people and quite a few EB Z06's I doubt he will remember past one min from waving you through. He is just jealous of the car and wants to ruin your day by saying you won't have it for long. If you lived in a small town it might be a problem but Socal who gives a rats *** about something he is threatening to do.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hes just full of himself. Its not because he is young and its not because he is a cop. Hes just plain an *******. My best friend is a cop and he works D.U.I. checkpoints all of the time. They will hassle you if your car is too loud but they usually wont ticket you as long as you are cool with them. The main things they are looking for are drunk drivers, drivers without a license, insurance or registration.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Launching!

I think some cops rattle your cage a bit just to read your reactions. If you get really nervous or something then they might think you have something to hide. But the fact that your played it cool means there is nothing he can do, so I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
I think some cops rattle your cage a bit just to read your reactions. If you get really nervous or something then they might think you have something to hide. But the fact that your played it cool means there is nothing he can do, so I wouldnt worry about it.
i agree with that. my buddy and i were pulled over last night on our way to long beach and the first thing the officer said was "what drugs are you guys on tonight?" just trying to gauge our reaction i suppose.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hlaalu
i agree with that. my buddy and i were pulled over last night on our way to long beach and the first thing the officer said was "what drugs are you guys on tonight?" just trying to gauge our reaction i suppose.
yepp, i once had a cop ask me, "is there anything in your car i should know about? like drugs, alcohol, weapons, dead bodies, grenades, or tanks?" haha

i guess since i laughed he knew i wasnt nervous
Old 10-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

You won't believe how once in a while you get an honest answer to some of these questions. There's a reason why criminals are stupid and get caught.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
yepp, i once had a cop ask me, "is there anything in your car i should know about? like drugs, alcohol, weapons, dead bodies, grenades, or tanks?" haha

i guess since i laughed he knew i wasnt nervous
Well other than the brick of heroin on the passenger seat and the dead drug dealer in my trunk...no officer.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Yea i was pulled over once at about 3am going to walmart....I was asked if I had any guns, knives, hand grenades, or rocket launchers in the vehicle I assumed like others have said, he was just trying to gauge my reaction. I responded with... Uhh....I'm gonna have to say..."no?" haha What an ***.

Quick Reply: Cop issues...come on in.