Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Do not take your car to pep boys

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a different definition of "friend" than I do.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bry, they were friends... they are not friends now. My definition is someone who is equally respectable to me as I am to them.

Ohh well **** em they are retarded but the best part is not only did I get to vent a little but it was also enough entertainment for the western section. Served two purposes
Old 12-16-2009, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright, I understand. I just hate to see someone considered a friend, or once a friend, not act like one.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah it is not cool, I know there has been one point in my life I was quite destructive for my life and some people around me and because of that I tend to have more patience than I should but this time not so much, I drew the line when he tried to be a complete dick.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you think they messed with your car? You should be able to figure out a P0300 pretty quickly, man. You could find something they "messed with" in no time. Sounds like you didn't have something right that showed up coincidentally when the tires were done. Soo many people jumping right in with comments but not asking you what the real problem is. You are more in love with the drama and talking about it rather than figuring out whats wrong with your car.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2thousand2
So you think they messed with your car? You should be able to figure out a P0300 pretty quickly, man. You could find something they "messed with" in no time. Sounds like you didn't have something right that showed up coincidentally when the tires were done. Soo many people jumping right in with comments but not asking you what the real problem is. You are more in love with the drama and talking about it rather than figuring out whats wrong with your car.
And the ignorance award goes to....

I found the problem, one wire was messed up from a prior issue already stated that but i guess you can't read so you wouldn't know.

I figured the issue out pretty quick, there were two wires that were loose and I know they weren't before I went in because I have also stated that I check them before I race and they were checked a week before I took it in as that was the last time I drove the car, they were fine then they were fine when I drove it in. So... you now have no valid point,as you can see there were other people who also said don't go to pep boys so this thread is useful to other people to see and say hey, I shouldn't take my car there because apparently they are a half assed shop.

Hmm wow sounds like you have a problem with me? If so just say it and we can discuss exactly what that problem is.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84

Hmm wow sounds like you have a problem with me? If so just say it and we can discuss exactly what that problem is.
i have a problem with you. and there is only one way to settle this. you, me and a shitload of beer. first one to pass out wins.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Tom sounds good man but when are you actually gonna be back in Cali? Last time I called you and there was no answer..... You said lets do something this weekend... you talk about gettin some beer but where are you? LOL
Old 12-17-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

sorry, my girlfriend has been keeping me... occupied. what are you doing this weekend?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I dunno my girlfriend might be keeping me occupied... lol nah Im kidding..

This weekend not much man, I was possibly going to vegas but not sure if i am able to.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

why don't you take it back to them and have them diag it for you

LOL j/k
Old 12-17-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^

LOL hahaha sure thing let me do that right now...

Nahh I figured it out all is good for the car at least but they lost my business and my families, plus a few friends around me.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2thousand2
Way to post after everything is all figured out and the deed is done....
Old 12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
^^^

LOL hahaha sure thing let me do that right now...

Nahh I figured it out all is good for the car at least but they lost my business and my families, plus a few friends around me.
yea man, i don't even valet my car cause i know the 16 year old punk isn't going to let her warm up.

and i hate when people change my seat settings too
Old 12-17-2009, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hlaalu
yea man, i don't even valet my car cause i know the 16 year old punk isn't going to let her warm up.

and i hate when people change my seat settings too
Agreed on the seat thing....takes me two months to finally feel like I can si tin the car normally again.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Agreed on the seat thing....takes me two months to finally feel like I can si tin the car normally again.
i know!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah tom I don't usually let people drive the camaro unless it is already warmed up or they know what they are doing especially having stiffer valve springs, lord knows what some jack *** would do without letting it warm up.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Default All I wanted was...

So I went to Manny, Moe & Jack(off) today to buy an Optima battery for my car for Christmas. They said they would install it for me. 2 minutes later they call me, to say that I need an oil change. I said they better go back and recheck. They questioned me & said so you want me to tell my mechanic he is a liar??? I said no but I change my oil myself every 3500 miles with Mobile 1 Synthetic & I use a Mobile 1 filter. To make it ever more odd I sea foamed the car about 6 months ago, and used zmax 2 oil changes ago. Why can't they just do what you request them to do.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

^^^you didnt learn anything from this thread did you?

OP Let's go beat up your "friends" at pep boys
Old 12-20-2009, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

adam i kno a good tire shop rite by ur house . . . Noriega tires . . . its rite across the street from the firehouse . . . ask for robert . . . tires only tho

Quick Reply: Do not take your car to pep boys