Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

what are some things u hate about work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the office politics... I hate that

1. Sometimes a co-worker and i will warm up our trucks and stand by them for 10-15 min in the morning and talk about what part of town were going on and coordinate any locations we might need help at. We will get called in by a fellow co-worker for standing around... and my bosses have the audacity to forward the complaint down severl chains of command to us. Really? His only response should be, "And?", :click:

2. No one ever complains about the person wasting time if they are MONITORING other people supposedly wasting time.

3. Some people can cry and the bosses bow down to give them whatever they want.

4. Days when were slow, so i finish my work early and no one else needs help... but im not allowed to drive around, not allowed to be out of the office, and not allowed to be in the office. lol

5. Some people see the badging on my truck and they try and cause an accident.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate managers who were previous mechanics back in the 70-80's and think that they know what is going on with modernn cars.
I hate being full comission pay technician in a shop that should only have 12 guys have 20 guys working.
I hate brownnosers who golf with the boss ar take him out to luch and make sure to suck him off as soon as he walks in.
I hate being a lead tech who makes 50 cents and hour off your techs under you and always asked to do the shop favors and reminded "thats why you get paid more"
Old 01-17-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm just glad I have a job. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of **** that pisses me off, but I can't really complain too much when there are people out there with families that they can no longer support since they got laid off. No disrespect to anyone just my .02.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you hate so many things about your job, why not look into something else?
Old 01-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Teching In

I just hate it when I have to pick up over peoples slack.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
59 camaro, sounds like a GPS unit and a can of pepper spray will solve all your problems. Yes, use the pepper spray on customers and dogs alike, spare no one.

I hate:
...doing a great job, exceeding expectations, and still feeling like my job is at risk.
...having 6 bosses in less than 2 yrs.
...getting paid less than what I'm worth.
Man.. Haven't seen you around the place.. You must be new.. Anyways, nice meeting one of my coworkers!

I work with the public.. As in retail.. I could make a 10 page list for 1 day.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:14 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by m6ttop
i was assembling ATVs and just cuz some ******* quit showing up and im the only one there that knows anything I'm now in charge of parts and tech calls!!!!Friday was my last day
haha so i take it you quit?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
I'm just glad I have a job. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of **** that pisses me off, but I can't really complain too much when there are people out there with families that they can no longer support since they got laid off. No disrespect to anyone just my .02.
+1 im blessed to or atleast i think so
Originally Posted by black_phoenix
if you hate so many things about your job, why not look into something else?
what i hate is things that are unessesary like people asking whats inside the box....nothing about my actual duties make me hate it
Old 01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
could you really pepper spray this face?

If it were going to attack me, yes. But since I don't carry pepper spray, I'll have to stick with kicking it.
Old 01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Staging Lane

I hate the commute that some of us have to make to get to our jobs..
Old 01-18-2010, 11:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm actually really lucky, I like my job a lot. I'm a mechanic(still learning) the only thing I dont like is doing motors, with the time I spend doing motors I can make way more money doing other things but its part of the job, and there are always those pain in the *** cars that come in from time to time, with those crazy electrical problems that are so ridiculous.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

i hate that im second shift "WHERE THE F*CK DID MY LIFE GO". i hate when i cant get anything done because my stupid mechanics cant make up there own damn mind. I hate how first shift pushes all the important **** off on me....I HATE THE STUPID "I CANT SEE ANYTHING" DARK.....its driveing me nuts...
Old 01-18-2010, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

I hope the OP doesn't have his concealed carry permit....lol jk. Sounds like your route sucks or you just have bad ******* luck. My UPS guy always insists on having a conversation when he makes a stop here and i routinely see him at the track, great guy.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ttranssam
i hate that im second shift "WHERE THE F*CK DID MY LIFE GO". i hate when i cant get anything done because my stupid mechanics cant make up there own damn mind. I hate how first shift pushes all the important **** off on me....I HATE THE STUPID "I CANT SEE ANYTHING" DARK.....its driveing me nuts...
hahaha a long time like that i had the 2nd shift and man my life sucked i feel ya
Originally Posted by wytry
I hope the OP doesn't have his concealed carry permit....lol jk. Sounds like your route sucks or you just have bad ******* luck. My UPS guy always insists on having a conversation when he makes a stop here and i routinely see him at the track, great guy.
hahaha see the diff between me being a contractor is that i want more work bcus the more i do the more i make, i can choose to go out with 100 stops and go home with a crappy paycheck but when u go 120 and up stops u make a lot more plus i cant fail meaning i have to get to all the business b4 they close or else they notice i cant handle it and will take away my work/money, ups in the other hand gets paid per hour so those SOB's will be happy with 100 stops and they take their lunch and get paid. in the end of the week i will compare paychecks with any ups carrier and i can almost be 100% sure my check will be a lot more, i normally get off from 3-5 so its just stresfull at time but i love the pay n workout
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

I like my job, but don't like dealing with the Douche bag co-workers. I swear, they give all woman a bad name..haha
Old 01-18-2010, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

The lack of steady work
Old 01-18-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CHELOZ28
The lack of steady work
i thought u were a pro body builder/ personal trainer?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1. Office Politics... hiring family members and giving them preferential treatment. Then getting all pissed off when people contact HR to investigate.

2. Stupid computer users. I hate working on computers for this reason.

3. Customer service for dumbass people.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i hate office politics more than anything.
i also hate having to deal with co-workers that i can't stand.
i hate cubicles - i'd take my life before i ever have to set myself up in one of those again.

i moved up a few times and whereas there are still backstabbers and general manipulative ********, i never see them and rarely have to deal with them.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i hate office politics more than anything.
i also hate having to deal with co-workers that i can't stand.
i hate cubicles - i'd take my life before i ever have to set myself up in one of those again.

i moved up a few times and whereas there are still backstabbers and general manipulative ********, i never see them and rarely have to deal with them.
hahahaha did that feel good getting off ur chest?

Quick Reply: what are some things u hate about work?