Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

what are some things u hate about work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are some things u hate about work?

im venting so sorry in advance:

well as some of u guys know im a fedex driver, i love my job most of the time but there comes a time where enough is enough and cant take it and have to be mean to ppl. and to think till this day i have not gotten 1 complaint from my area

1. i hate it when ppl are to cheap to buy the numbers to hang outside the house so we know what the address is.
2. i hate it when they are too cheap to pay the cal trans ppl to re-paint the address on the side walk to read it just incase ur house doesnt have the actual numbers.
3. i hate it when i knock like 20x and when they finally get the door they say something like oh can u wait a minute? or give me a second or let me get my keys cus the door is locked or let me get my glasses.... you kno i have over 150 stops do u think if every customer asked for a minute u know what time id finish work?
4. i hate when ppl who live in gated communities or condos order a **** load of things when they know we have no access to the place especially when the intercom is out of service.
5. this should be with 4 but, i hate when ppl dont put their cell number on the info box bcus in case there is a wrong address we can deliver it so we return it to shipper and then WE look like th bad guys
6. i hate it when ppl dont have a beware of dog sign and then once ur inside and the dog is running after u, u have to run for dear life part of me wishes i get bit by a dog so i can sue just like one of my partners is doing right now.
7. i hate it when ppl put the address but dont put an apartment number on the info.
8. i hate this one A LOT, when i have a package and someone answers the door and asks me "what is it"? are u serious? c'mon i have no idea im just delivering the box i cant see through the damn box
9. i hate it when ppl pull me over or chase me down the street to ask me if i can take a package for them, FYI ppl there are 3 types of fedex ground, home delivery, and express the express packages go witht ehtruck witht the orange letters and ground lables go with ground or home delivery. then the customer has the nerve to get all crazy with me bcus i wont take the package, hahaha.
10. i hate it when ppl are to lazy that they ask me to take the package to the back in the garage or can u take it upstairs hahaha are u serious? would u like me to assemble it for u too? lol we are told to the door and no more, we cant be forced to take it anywhere else if the customer is at the door. i will do it for an elder person or pregnant person just bcus im not a dick like that.
11. i hate it when ppl start telling me stories when i have no time to hear them out bcus of the amount of stops i have

i hope this helps some of u guys out when placing an order PLEASE make sure u have ur number so we can call u if we have a problem with ur package. i sure hate when my **** gets lost and it would have all been avoided if i had my cell number on the package
Old 01-17-2010, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yames yames yames.... toughen up a lil. lol

i feel your pain..... customers now days are too lazy to do stuff right cuz they exect it to be done for them
Old 01-17-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

I hate when ten different people tell you to do ten different things and you don't really know what to do because you don't wanna **** a certain person off by not doing what they asked.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
oh yames yames yames.... toughen up a lil. lol

i feel your pain..... customers now days are too lazy to do stuff right cuz they exect it to be done for them

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
I hate when ten different people tell you to do ten different things and you don't really know what to do because you don't wanna **** a certain person off by not doing what they asked.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i hate the thought of work lol

on another note i hate fedex lol,ive told fedex so many times that my dogs are freindly,but they refuse to come in my gate.
Ive also always leave my cell number, and even left a tot by the gate the could just drop the package in.
there has been so many times when my girl at my house waiting for my package and still no success

but ups on the other hand is guaranteed delivery every time
Old 01-17-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

59 camaro, sounds like a GPS unit and a can of pepper spray will solve all your problems. Yes, use the pepper spray on customers and dogs alike, spare no one.

I hate:
...doing a great job, exceeding expectations, and still feeling like my job is at risk.
...having 6 bosses in less than 2 yrs.
...getting paid less than what I'm worth.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tripblackls1

on another note i hate fedex lol,ive told fedex so many times that my dogs are freindly,but they refuse to come in my gate.
Ive also always leave my cell number, and even left a tot by the gate the could just drop the package in.
there has been so many times when my girl at my house waiting for my package and still no success

Good thing were still doing our job... cuz we are always great in customer service
Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by juniorz28
Good thing were still doing our job... cuz we are always great in customer service
yea i dont know if it is fedex or my fedex driver, but its very annoying when i spend an extra 50$ to have a part delivered within two days have my gf take off work just to get it and then still have to wait untill the next week(usually trying to get it before the weekend) and take off work early just so i can go in the their office to get it, ugh
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

i hate people that join the marines to be a aircraft mechanic and they have never turned a wrench or even know what a damn pair of pliers are! i dont know the first thing about filing paperwork or crap like that so i didnt sign up for admin work. make sense
Old 01-17-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
59 camaro, sounds like a GPS unit and a can of pepper spray will solve all your problems. Yes, use the pepper spray on customers and dogs alike, spare no one.

I hate:
...doing a great job, exceeding expectations, and still feeling like my job is at risk.
could you really pepper spray this face?

Old 01-17-2010, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 59 camaro

8. i hate this one A LOT, when i have a package and someone answers the door and asks me "what is it"? are u serious? c'mon i have no idea im just delivering the box i cant see through the damn box
This made me LOL!!! haha.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate office politics.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

i

Old 01-17-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

I hate:
hahahhaa no gps needed i know the area like the back of my hand
Originally Posted by juniorz28

yea i dont know if it is fedex or my fedex driver, but its very annoying when i spend an extra 50$ to have a part delivered within two days have my gf take off work just to get it and then still have to wait untill the next week(usually trying to get it before the weekend) and take off work early just so i can go in the their office to get it, ugh
it must be ur lazy *** fedex driver in ur area cus there are some lazy ***** out there
Originally Posted by jsteele90
i hate people that join the marines to be a aircraft mechanic and they have never turned a wrench or even know what a damn pair of pliers are! i dont know the first thing about filing paperwork or crap like that so i didnt sign up for admin work. make sense

could you really pepper spray this face?

YES, i have sprayed lil chihuahuas no mercy
Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6

hahaha all the chick ups/fedex drivers are 99.9999999% ugly or gay so yeah i dont see this happening
Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

my pay...and work in a small 3 bay shop. It's just me and the owner...he is too G.D. CHEAP!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

hahaha all the chick ups/fedex drivers are 99.9999999% ugly or gay so yeah i dont see this happening[/QUOTE]
True that.... lmao
Old 01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Teching In

A year ago I got reduced to part time casual. I have to call them every day to see if they have any work for me. If they call me to come to work and I say I cant come in that day I get written up for it. The third time this happens you are terminated on the spot. I have worked almost every weekend and holiday for the last year. I get about 25 to 30 hours a week. I have no insurance, no vacation, no sick time, no time and a half on holidays. The only others driving jobs here in Az are over the road or pay $10 hr.
Great thread. I feel so much better now.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

What company do you work for?
Originally Posted by LS1 BADBIRD
A year ago I got reduced to part time casual. I have to call them every day to see if they have any work for me. If they call me to come to work and I say I cant come in that day I get written up for it. The third time this happens you are terminated on the spot. I have worked almost every weekend and holiday for the last year. I get about 25 to 30 hours a week. I have no insurance, no vacation, no sick time, no time and a half on holidays. The only others driving jobs here in Az are over the road or pay $10 hr.
Great thread. I feel so much better now.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Teching In

I hate that there is not enough work so its slow...
Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

i was assembling ATVs and just cuz some ******* quit showing up and im the only one there that knows anything I'm now in charge of parts and tech calls!!!!Friday was my last day

Quick Reply: what are some things u hate about work?